BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Tamworth v Barrow match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
frankums
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tamworth v Barrow match thread

Post by frankums » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:49 am

dcarradus wrote:It said on sky sports app team line up that hulbert played ?
Hunter actually.

Cambridge branch

GTBLUE
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GTBLUE » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:35 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:We were a little bit lucky to get all 3

We began much like we played against Grimsby in bits, passed it nicely and purposeful, led to a well deserved goal.

Collectively, aside from the defence, we decided then to go to sleep for the next half hour, they thoroughly deserved to equalise.

Second half they had more possession but we had Adam Boyes, missed a sitter beforehand (horrible bobble) but put next one away. Ruthers will drive everyone nuts, but he always puts in a shift. Then a goal when they were pushing.

Cracking solidarity between players and support in the end, and also good to talk to them at services on the way down, and Ashley Hoskin etc after the game. Dave Bayliss texted folk on the bus to thank us for our support- it makes a difference that ;)

Big mention once again to the Tamworth lads. We got off the bus about 1, they took us round a few cracking pubs and really looked after us. Much respect to them and good luck.

Excellent day :D
Spot on that Steve. Would just like to add that, I did'nt realise Ash Hoskin was smaller than Tidds :lol: and the players refused my offer of an ice cream at the services :lol: The Tamworth lads were a really good bunch, very friendly and helpful Three of then guided us to the Loft pub ( think that was what it was called) we would never have found it without them. What a stunning place it was as well, with great views all around.Cheers to all the Tamworth lads and lasses if you are reading this. :scarf: See you again at Holker Street.

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by boyliegladbach » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:48 pm

GTBLUE wrote:
The Tamworth lads were a really good bunch, very friendly and helpful Three of then guided us to the Loft pub ( think that was what it was called) we would never have found it without them. What a stunning place it was as well, with great views all around.Cheers to all the Tamworth lads and lasses if you are reading this. :scarf: See you again at Holker Street.

i think it was called the terrace, was a nice place to sit in the sun and drink
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:03 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:
GTBLUE wrote:
The Tamworth lads were a really good bunch, very friendly and helpful Three of then guided us to the Loft pub ( think that was what it was called) we would never have found it without them. What a stunning place it was as well, with great views all around.Cheers to all the Tamworth lads and lasses if you are reading this. :scarf: See you again at Holker Street.

i think it was called the terrace, was a nice place to sit in the sun and drink
That's right, cheers boylie. It was a long day :lol:

DaveP
Gold Member

Post by DaveP » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:42 pm

jimboc90 wrote:
DaveP wrote:In tenerife found internet cafe sooooooooooooo happy come on you Bluebirds :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
where abouts in tenerife are you ?
Hotel Bitacora in pdla

sanddevil-temp
Gold Member
Location: Fulham. Or is it Hammersmith? West London any road.

Post by sanddevil-temp » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:50 pm

An entertaining game yesterday with some good football on show. There was a scrappy period in the second half before we got our second, but on the whole a high standard match with plenty of goalmouth action. Joe Jackson got an excellent clipped goal from a rolled corner I have to concede thought would amount to nothing, but then there was a sustained period of attacking from Tamworth and it was hardly surprising when they equalised. The penalty was a little dubious - was it a penalty? Well yes, but the type of foul (a push as a cross comes over) that is committed probably 20 times a game. Connington dispatched the penalty and quite frankly looked too good for BSBP football.

In the second half we looked a little ponderous and deliberate and unwilling to commit forward - I suspect due to lack of confidence. However, when Jackson was hooked Ritchie Baker was pushed higher up the field and he released Boyes twice for 1-on-1s with the Tamworth keeper. The first effort was saved leaving me to fear the worst for his second opportunity, but he carefully dispatched it with aplomb. In the dying moments Rutherford guarding the far post cleared off the line and moments later combined with Boyes for the decider with Tamworth stretched trying to find an equaliser.

Great game and very encouraging. The only downside were the trigger happy stewards - who with nothing to do decided to make work for themselves with over-officious and zealous control. Mulholland Drive was asked not to use a camcorder, but with an intervention from me and a demand to see the terms and conditions that was rescinded. However a club official, clearly 15 months pregnant, came over later and re-affirmed camming was verboten. If you read this, Mr Fat Sweaty Busybody, (1) Learn to respect other people's opinion and learn to listen (2) Jerky handheld camcorder footage posted on YouTube will not topple Premier Sport's quest for world domination, (3) Such footage is an enabler, good publicity and FUN. Something you clearly know nothing about.
Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/badzillacouk
Creator and developer of the extremely annoying Barrow AFC Twitter Bot https://twitter.com/BarrowAFCbot

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 pm

sanddevil-temp wrote:Mulholland Drive was asked not to use a camcorder, but with an intervention from me and a demand to see the terms and conditions that was rescinded. However a club official, clearly 15 months pregnant, came over later and re-affirmed camming was verboten. If you read this, Mr Fat Sweaty Busybody, (1) Learn to respect other people's opinion and learn to listen (2) Jerky handheld camcorder footage posted on YouTube will not topple Premier Sport's quest for world domination, (3) Such footage is an enabler, good publicity and FUN. Something you clearly know nothing about.
The club official (I don't know his name / position) did say that the club didn't ban still photography (although the stewards did!!) but that camcorder recordings were forbidden by Conference rules - really? the rules on the Conference website don't seem to mention this - as it was a breach of their contract for television coverage with Premier Sports. I didn't realise that shaky camcorder shots from several steps back on the terrace were a serious threat to Premier's monopoly, or is their match coverage really that bad?

The club official did admit that this was impossible to police as most modern cameras could capture both still and video shots, as can indeed many mobile phones. So if you take still photos on an expensive SLR camera you would be asked to stop doing so, despite Tamworth saying they didn't discourage this, yet shoot a video clip on a cheap mobile (maybe against the rules, maybe not) and you would be allowed to continue.

audigex
Platinum Member

Post by audigex » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Tell them you're taking still photos ... very quickly. It's not your fault if people put those photos together at 24fps and consider it a video.
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011