Search found 7 matches
- Thu Aug 21, 2025 7:40 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Harrogate Town v Barrow match thread
- Replies: 155
- Views: 183314
Re: Harrogate Town v Barrow match thread
Whereas I agree with many of the comments on this thread, I still think that it is too early to be panicking. If my memory serves, last season we won 4 of our first 6 games, including the 4-0 thrashing of Port Vale who were promoted. That good form didn't last: perhaps our current poor form won't ei...
- Mon Apr 14, 2025 9:34 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Barrow v Walsall, match thread
- Replies: 106
- Views: 115452
Re: Barrow v Walsall, match thread
I don't know if it has been tried, but how about targeting the schools before the new season starts? If the players and the management went into the local schools and talked to the pupils it would almost certainly get some new fans (and of course the parents who would have to take younger children t...
- Sun Mar 16, 2025 10:55 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Morecambe v Barrow, match thread
- Replies: 155
- Views: 707152
Re: Morecambe v Barrow, match thread
Ok. 14 points clear of relegation and 14 points from the playoffs, so clearly our season is over with so few games left. Yesterday I watched with a Morecambe supporter so was side on to the pitch. Their first goal was offside, their second took a deflection and they should have had a third (the Dall...
- Sat Feb 22, 2025 10:10 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Crewe Alexandra (A) match thread
- Replies: 202
- Views: 98868
Re: Crewe Alexandra (A) match thread
I think Barrow should survive this season as Carlisle, Morecambe, Tranmere, Accrington and Harrogate, are all doing at least as badly. Plus the home form since AW arrived has been decent. However, next season is a different proposition. AW needs to get his team in place and keep them motivated. From...
- Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:43 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Barrow v Port Vale, match thread
- Replies: 137
- Views: 68214
Re: Barrow v Port Vale, match thread
My first ever visit to Holker Street. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and a great second half. Newby was outstanding on the right and was my motm.
I will be back.
I will be back.
- Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:26 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Where to sit
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4885
Re: Where to sit
Thanks for the advice.
- Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:15 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Where to sit
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4885
Where to sit
Some advice please.
I now have a base in Flookburgh and intend to get to several Barrow games next season.
I am 72 so would prefer to sit, so which stand would be the most suitable?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
I now have a base in Flookburgh and intend to get to several Barrow games next season.
I am 72 so would prefer to sit, so which stand would be the most suitable?
Thanks in advance for any advice.