Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8195
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by Ste Story » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Ste Story wrote:Over 2k in solid cash we definitely have with plenty still to come in pledges etc and at present 58 separate donations made. Wonderful stuff from everyone, keep it going and please give whatever change you have, it all counts and all goes towards the final total and towards our club.

Lets really show the club what fanpower can do if we put our minds to it and get together!
Bump - is today gonna be the first day we don't get a donation towards it? Is everyone all donated out? :D
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by Reg » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Had to slow down eventually.

It's still been a good effort though.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Due to technical problems i cant donate till kidderminster.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8195
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by Ste Story » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:26 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:Due to technical problems i cant donate till kidderminster.
No problem - I'm hopefully there's still alot to come in cash...
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this time :lol: stick it in the pot Ste.
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8195
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by Ste Story » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:31 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this time, stick it in the pot Ste.
Haha tremendous. Like it!
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Ste Story wrote:at present 58 separate donations made.
I haven't a clue as to how many active members we have on the forum but it's a damn sight more than 58. C'mon, with the donations not already counted (like I have to hand over to Ste at the next home game) we should be able to get £2,500. PM Ste & tell him you'll hand over a quid, fiver........whatever. Any higher than that & Geoff will be sweating ;)
Money will be hard to come by with the run of three home games coming but equally it's going to hit the club badly so that's why it's even more important that we should be getting anyone you can to throw a couple of quid towards this, I'll still be pestering one or two ex supporters at work to donate, dont let them hide, collar them.

Out of interest Ste, how much has been promised apart from by card/paypal? Wont hold you to it in case one or two forget.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by Reg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:16 am

I would imagine plenty of people cannot afford to donate.

I don't think badgering them serves a purpose. It doesn't make those who don't want to donate change their mind and it probably makes those who cannot afford to donate feel bad.

On top of that, we have three home games in 7 days coming up which will all be before a lot of people's next payday.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by GTBLUE » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:46 am

spirit of 1990 wrote:Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this time :lol: stick it in the pot Ste.
I hope you never invite me round for tea if I have to pay for it Ian.Tell me where he lives and I will give him his fiver back.
Did he sweep your chimney as well. ;)

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:08 pm

GTBLUE wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this time :lol: stick it in the pot Ste.
I hope you never invite me round for tea if I have to pay for it Ian.Tell me where he lives and I will give him his fiver back.
Did he sweep your chimney as well. ;)
He got it at a reduced rate aswell Graham & when I thought about it, he'd brought the bottle of wine around himself :oops: Wait till I invite him around for Christmas dinner........now that will boost the fund.

Just give me the fiver & I'll make sure Ste, I mean my Dad gets it ;)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Reg wrote:I would imagine plenty of people cannot afford to donate.

I don't think badgering them serves a purpose. It doesn't make those who don't want to donate change their mind and it probably makes those who cannot afford to donate feel bad.

On top of that, we have three home games in 7 days coming up which will all be before a lot of people's next payday.
It was said with a rather large amount of my tongue in my cheek, mainly just to keep this topic in peoples minds. I really don't think it would make anyone feel bad if their financial circumstance's won't allow them to donate & I certainly didn't mean it to make people feel that way.

And I did realise that we had three home games coming up on the bounce.........thats why I mentioned it.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by ant » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:02 am

I believe if we are ever really threatened financially as a club then the real fans of AFC will be here to sort it.We moan.we grumble.we argue.But at the end of the day we love our local team and would never allow a Darlington situation to arise.Neither do i believe would the BOD.We are in it together and i believe we as fans are simply the best.
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

phil
Silver Member
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: Sunny Barrow
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by phil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:02 am

ant wrote:I believe if we are ever really threatened financially as a club then the real fans of AFC will be here to sort it.We moan.we grumble.we argue.But at the end of the day we love our local team and would never allow a Darlington situation to arise.Neither do i believe would the BOD.We are in it together and i believe we as fans are simply the best.

Yes and not being funny here, we were back in 99. Yes Brian Keen et al were the figure heads but without the support of normal fans it wouldn't have happened at all. We were the elements they were the catalyst, thats how I see it anyway.
Education should be public not private, it should be open, accountable and answerable to all the community, pupils and parents.

http://wheeliekleenpowerwashing.webs.com/

SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by SKIPPER » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Better late than never I've just added my twenty quid. Wished it could be more but I've only recently recovered from financial meltdown myself.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8195
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate

Post by Ste Story » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:41 pm

SKIPPER wrote:Better late than never I've just added my twenty quid. Wished it could be more but I've only recently recovered from financial meltdown myself.
Many thanks Skipper.

Now up to £2,200!
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaveBarter and 24 guests