Bump - is today gonna be the first day we don't get a donation towards it? Is everyone all donated out?Ste Story wrote:Over 2k in solid cash we definitely have with plenty still to come in pledges etc and at present 58 separate donations made. Wonderful stuff from everyone, keep it going and please give whatever change you have, it all counts and all goes towards the final total and towards our club.
Lets really show the club what fanpower can do if we put our minds to it and get together!
Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8195
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
Had to slow down eventually.
It's still been a good effort though.
It's still been a good effort though.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
Due to technical problems i cant donate till kidderminster.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8195
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
No problem - I'm hopefully there's still alot to come in cash...boyliegladbach wrote:Due to technical problems i cant donate till kidderminster.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this time
stick it in the pot Ste.
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8195
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
Haha tremendous. Like it!spirit of 1990 wrote:Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this time, stick it in the pot Ste.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
I haven't a clue as to how many active members we have on the forum but it's a damn sight more than 58. C'mon, with the donations not already counted (like I have to hand over to Ste at the next home game) we should be able to get £2,500. PM Ste & tell him you'll hand over a quid, fiver........whatever. Any higher than that & Geoff will be sweatingSte Story wrote:at present 58 separate donations made.
Money will be hard to come by with the run of three home games coming but equally it's going to hit the club badly so that's why it's even more important that we should be getting anyone you can to throw a couple of quid towards this, I'll still be pestering one or two ex supporters at work to donate, dont let them hide, collar them.
Out of interest Ste, how much has been promised apart from by card/paypal? Wont hold you to it in case one or two forget.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
I would imagine plenty of people cannot afford to donate.
I don't think badgering them serves a purpose. It doesn't make those who don't want to donate change their mind and it probably makes those who cannot afford to donate feel bad.
On top of that, we have three home games in 7 days coming up which will all be before a lot of people's next payday.
I don't think badgering them serves a purpose. It doesn't make those who don't want to donate change their mind and it probably makes those who cannot afford to donate feel bad.
On top of that, we have three home games in 7 days coming up which will all be before a lot of people's next payday.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
I hope you never invite me round for tea if I have to pay for it Ian.Tell me where he lives and I will give him his fiver back.spirit of 1990 wrote:Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this timestick it in the pot Ste.
Did he sweep your chimney as well.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
He got it at a reduced rate aswell Graham & when I thought about it, he'd brought the bottle of wine around himselfGTBLUE wrote:I hope you never invite me round for tea if I have to pay for it Ian.Tell me where he lives and I will give him his fiver back.spirit of 1990 wrote:Just had my Dad around for tea & his glass of wine (he's a pensioner) but instead of his usual freebie we charged him a fiver this timestick it in the pot Ste.
Did he sweep your chimney as well.
Just give me the fiver & I'll make sure Ste, I mean my Dad gets it
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
It was said with a rather large amount of my tongue in my cheek, mainly just to keep this topic in peoples minds. I really don't think it would make anyone feel bad if their financial circumstance's won't allow them to donate & I certainly didn't mean it to make people feel that way.Reg wrote:I would imagine plenty of people cannot afford to donate.
I don't think badgering them serves a purpose. It doesn't make those who don't want to donate change their mind and it probably makes those who cannot afford to donate feel bad.
On top of that, we have three home games in 7 days coming up which will all be before a lot of people's next payday.
And I did realise that we had three home games coming up on the bounce.........thats why I mentioned it.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
I believe if we are ever really threatened financially as a club then the real fans of AFC will be here to sort it.We moan.we grumble.we argue.But at the end of the day we love our local team and would never allow a Darlington situation to arise.Neither do i believe would the BOD.We are in it together and i believe we as fans are simply the best.
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
ant wrote:I believe if we are ever really threatened financially as a club then the real fans of AFC will be here to sort it.We moan.we grumble.we argue.But at the end of the day we love our local team and would never allow a Darlington situation to arise.Neither do i believe would the BOD.We are in it together and i believe we as fans are simply the best.
Yes and not being funny here, we were back in 99. Yes Brian Keen et al were the figure heads but without the support of normal fans it wouldn't have happened at all. We were the elements they were the catalyst, thats how I see it anyway.
Education should be public not private, it should be open, accountable and answerable to all the community, pupils and parents.
http://wheeliekleenpowerwashing.webs.com/
http://wheeliekleenpowerwashing.webs.com/
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
Better late than never I've just added my twenty quid. Wished it could be more but I've only recently recovered from financial meltdown myself.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8195
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Forum Sponsorship Syndicate
Many thanks Skipper.SKIPPER wrote:Better late than never I've just added my twenty quid. Wished it could be more but I've only recently recovered from financial meltdown myself.
Now up to £2,200!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bruce, Semrush [Bot] and 14 guests