disgrace !
-
thedon1969
- Member
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 pm
- Contact:
disgrace !
i find it hard to understand the lack of players barrow have signed this year we have 16 players signed on what is going on
bayliss will jump when the board say jump he needs to grow a back bone and stand up to the comedians in charge and tell them how it is cuase if the board aint going to give him moneyh he wont achieve anything !
bayliss will jump when the board say jump he needs to grow a back bone and stand up to the comedians in charge and tell them how it is cuase if the board aint going to give him moneyh he wont achieve anything !
-
Cliff_Corner
- Member
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 am
- Contact:
Re: disgrace !
Because it would be wise to have a squad of about 20 players on full wages for the whole season would it?? We'd be bankrupt by christmas.
Bayliss knows what he's doing. I'd rather have a squad of 15-16 good players than spread the wage bill over more players of less quality. If and when we get serious injuries DB will no doubt bring some players in on loan to cover (already supposedly bringing in 2 more before saturdays game)
I wish everyone would stop being so negative on here. We are Barrow AFC. We survive on a shoestring budget season after season. Until some much needed money is injected from somewhere we'll continue to have a small squad and try to tighten the purse strings where we can. It would be absolute stupidity to go out and spend money we dont have. Do we really wanna follow in the footsteps of the likes of Darlington and cease to exist in a couple of years?
Save your energy for cheering on OUR club at 3pm on saturday. See you there.
Bayliss knows what he's doing. I'd rather have a squad of 15-16 good players than spread the wage bill over more players of less quality. If and when we get serious injuries DB will no doubt bring some players in on loan to cover (already supposedly bringing in 2 more before saturdays game)
I wish everyone would stop being so negative on here. We are Barrow AFC. We survive on a shoestring budget season after season. Until some much needed money is injected from somewhere we'll continue to have a small squad and try to tighten the purse strings where we can. It would be absolute stupidity to go out and spend money we dont have. Do we really wanna follow in the footsteps of the likes of Darlington and cease to exist in a couple of years?
Save your energy for cheering on OUR club at 3pm on saturday. See you there.
Re: disgrace !
All these negative posts it seems everyone is a expert at running the club.
-
thedon1969
- Member
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: disgrace !
I've supported the club for many moons and will continue to do so but there are thing going on behind the scenes at that club I won't elabrate things will come out in time
Re: disgrace !
You are quite entitled to your opinions but do you really need to spread so much negativity. A dozen posts since you joined one of which was 'there's not a cat in hells chance of Joe Jackson joining on loan' won't endear yourself to people on here. As for the 'wait till it all comes out' comment. If I had a fiver for everything similar I'd heard in the last 50 years I could bankroll the club for the season.thedon1969 wrote:I've supported the club for many moons and will continue to do so but there are thing going on behind the scenes at that club I won't elabrate things will come out in time
disgrace !
I have been reading some threads over the last week or so and can't decide whether to cut my throat now or wait in the hope we win on Saturday. If we don't, it will be total despair.Cliff_corner wrote:
I wish everyone would stop being so negative on here. We are Barrow AFC. We survive on a shoestring budget season after season. Until some much needed money is injected from somewhere we'll continue to have a small squad and try to tighten the purse strings where we can. It would be absolute stupidity to go out and spend money we dont have. Do we really wanna follow in the footsteps of the likes of Darlington and cease to exist in a couple of years?
Save your energy for cheering on OUR club at 3pm on saturday. See you there.
Cliff is right, we have to be realistic. If you have ever watched these tv progs where a family has to try and live for a month on wartime rations, that's what life must be like for Bayliss all the time!
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7486
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: disgrace !
While agreeing wholeheartedly with Cliff_Corner’s post, the BoD have been very quiet over the summer and the commercial proactivity of the club has been lacking again this pre-season. There was an 8-page Barrow AFC pre-season special in the Evening Mail last night and a back page splash. Neither featured a word from the BoD. Come to think of it, when was the last time we heard anything from the Chairman?
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7303
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: disgrace !
Basically he's a bitter former director, hiding behind a username and keyboardSKIPPER wrote:You are quite entitled to your opinions but do you really need to spread so much negativity. A dozen posts since you joined one of which was 'there's not a cat in hells chance of Joe Jackson joining on loan' won't endear yourself to people on here. As for the 'wait till it all comes out' comment. If I had a fiver for everything similar I'd heard in the last 50 years I could bankroll the club for the season.thedon1969 wrote:I've supported the club for many moons and will continue to do so but there are thing going on behind the scenes at that club I won't elabrate things will come out in time
Re: disgrace !
While I can understand "the don's" frustration here dont have a go at Bayliss he is given a budget and has to stick to it, I see on the clubs website we hope to sign another striker and a winger today but surely we need another center back before those particuler positions, what happened to the big No 5 (Jordan Rose) he looked more than handy.
News is what other people dont want you to know, the rest is advertising ...........Randolph Hearst
Re: disgrace !
Same old stories Don't have faith in this team cant see us staying it this league but hope so 
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: disgrace !
I find it strange that through all the [SwearFilter] ups that have occurred this season the club still finds time to post a news update promoting the non-league paper on the official site.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: disgrace !
Be patient now its only Friday, I'm sure Bayles will pull a rabbit out of the hat
This team so far seems better than last years to me Flynn/Lomax, Hessey / Bolland, Jackson / Cook, not sure about Rowe / MacReth who went off the boil and had the toe injury plus Hunter is a good acquisition. Lets see who else we can sneak in before 3pm tomorrow.
Come on bluebirds
This team so far seems better than last years to me Flynn/Lomax, Hessey / Bolland, Jackson / Cook, not sure about Rowe / MacReth who went off the boil and had the toe injury plus Hunter is a good acquisition. Lets see who else we can sneak in before 3pm tomorrow.
Come on bluebirds
-
snortypig
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 600
- Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:12 pm
- Location: Pitchside...................the best seat in the ground
- Contact:
Re: disgrace !
Be patient now its only Friday, I'm sure Bayles will pull a rabbit out of the hat
Footballing rabbits, whatever next?
Footballing rabbits, whatever next?
'ere luv....does this smell like chloroform to you??
-
barrowranger
- Senior Member
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: disgrace !
Good little post from the NWEMAIL
Lets quell all this disgrace talk from this idiot and get to the business of supporting OUR team!
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/news/barro ... rPath=home
Lets quell all this disgrace talk from this idiot and get to the business of supporting OUR team!
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/news/barro ... rPath=home
Re: disgrace !
Which one?Adam29 wrote:Basically he's a bitter former director, hiding behind a username and keyboardSKIPPER wrote: You are quite entitled to your opinions but do you really need to spread so much negativity. A dozen posts since you joined one of which was 'there's not a cat in hells chance of Joe Jackson joining on loan' won't endear yourself to people on here. As for the 'wait till it all comes out' comment. If I had a fiver for everything similar I'd heard in the last 50 years I could bankroll the club for the season.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: bluessupporter, theotherbarrow and 18 guests