Barrow v Lincoln

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by bobbie moore » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Poor lacklustre performance, from a team very low in confidence,again today and who only attacked in last 10 minutes they way they should start the game not until too late like today and 2 down AGAIN.
Our midfield is very very poor never protect back four or push upwith attack,and very slow to move ball when they have it.
Every opposition midfield appears to be more mobile than ours and until these positions are sorted ,defence and attack is not going to improve in any way.,
Can we not find someone else to take corners in place of Baker his are dire and we will never score from them.
Hoping for massive improvement for tuesday but not holding out too much hope :(

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8347
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by HenneysKnee » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Time for Skelton to return, I'd love to see Rutherford on the bench but he's Bayliss's lover

1AFC
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by 1AFC » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:54 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote::roll:

I have watched West Lancs games, Barrow reserve games, Lancs Cup games etc etc ad nauseum. I would like good local players playing here but there aren't any because there's no mechanism for them to play at the right level part time and then step up. Historically that's partly the clubs fault- I agree with that.

I watched West Lancs football at Holker when Barrow were away this year and if that's your Barrow team in the top league locally then you are tripping if you think any of them could get into Barrow's squad.

Too many disappointed lads who aren't quite good enough, who go back to play with their pals, and then they and their mates come on here and moan about how XYZ couldn't get a game. The last time we had a load of local players, about 2002? we were rubbish.
I never said that and I am not one of them people.

If you re-read I was disappointed in the lack of passion and commitment. I never said I would change the team for ability because they are 'literally' in a different league. I merely said I would have changed 7 players like for like because of the lack of togetherness, teamwork and willingness, not their ability.

If you thinking I'm saying change the starting 11 for local lads, then I understand what you are saying, yes, troll worthy but I merely said the passion and teamwork in local leagues is far greater than what I saw today.

woodley
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:17 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by woodley » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:19 pm

We were shocking today apart for the last 10 mins when we looked like we wanted it ! glad to hear that a suspected broken toe was the reason Rowe was subbed, as at the time he was barrows best player. Yet again and not for the first time this season Rutherford & Hunter were dreadfull all game, let them have some bench time please Bayles ! We looked more lively when Harvey came on. Hessey didn't have his best game at left back but let's play him at centre half were he will make his presence felt and skelts back in at left back ! I really fear for us on Tuesday if we decide to play like we did today and it will be game over within 15 mins !!! SORT IT OUT BAYLISS N STOP PLAYING YOUR FAVOURITES !!

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3549
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by tictactoe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Absolutely dire today from back to front. Flynn should stick to journalism because on today's showing he isn't a footballer. I hope people on here are right about Hessey being a centre half because he certainly isn't a left back. Gavin Skelton has had bad games but I would prefer him in that position at the moment without a doubt. Hunter has been poor since signing, and Rutherford, don't know who has been playing this season because it isn't the Rutherford that we know can IMO be excellent. Also have to question Hursts place in the side at the moment unfortunately, however good we know he can be, at the moment he is well off it. If we play like we did today on Tuesday it will be an embarrassing score line.
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:05 am

I actually thought we were ok for the first twenty minutes, even go so far as to say were the better team IMO but as seems the norm for this season we just cannot defend anything!

I hope Rowe is ok for Tuesday otherwise it'll be the same old, same old & Guiseley will have figured out that one from last week.

This is really getting to the stage of stupidity how Ruthers can find a place in the team ahead of Rowe.
DB, you live by & die by what you put out on the field but virtually everyone can see Ruthers is NOT worth his place at the moment, put him on the bench & let him prove from there he's worth his contract.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by mickycarrol » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:05 am

People r [SwearFilter] up to say at any point today we were the better team!!! The better team scores more goals than the poorer team it's that [SwearFilter] simple!!! We were shite end of!!!!
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by mickycarrol » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 am

People r [SwearFilter] up to say at any point today we were the better team!!! The better team scores more goals than the poorer team it's that [SwearFilter] simple!!! We were shite end of!!!!
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by mickycarrol » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:18 am

[SwearFilter] up n [SwearFilter] off still!!! Can't believe how poor we were today it's about pride,passion n belief n I saw [SwearFilter] all today not one [SwearFilter] winner who wanted it as much as me today!!! Not one [SwearFilter] leader who's gots some [SwearFilter] heart pack of [SwearFilter], grow a set n [SwearFilter] want it a lot more u negative wimps!!!Night I'm of to bed to contemplate vauxhall motors V barrow can't wait
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

bigcod123
Veteran Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by bigcod123 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:11 am

think the deciding factor was when rowe came off and alex came on. i haveneverseen a match we looked so comortable in without winnning.Lincoln are in my bottom 3 in this league.

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by thegaffer77 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 am

Reg wrote:Dreadful stuff today until the last 10 mins or so.

No idea what was the thinking behind Boyes not starting. No idea what the thoughts are behind Rutherford always starting when he's the worst player in his position in the squad. No idea why Flynn is always starting, when I've yet to see him have an even half decent game. No idea why we're persevering with Hunter when nothing ever seems to happen off him and he's not exactly a tigerish tackler.Bayliss is getting plenty wrong right now and he needs to sort it quickly. This is far from being a bad squad and no way is he getting the best out of them right now. Get Hessey back in the middle of the defence, get Pearson out to right back, get Skelton back in and get Rutherford the [SwearFilter] on the bench!

It seems to me that most people can see it except the manager. I'm not sure how much of it is stubbornness or how much of it is just him genuinely believing he's putting his best team out. Whatever the reasoning, it's a huge worry because anyone can make a mistake but only a fool makes the same mistake twice. I don't want to think of Bayliss as being a fool but I can't think of many other ways to describe a person who clearly isn't learning from their mistakes.

Got to agree. Flynn struggled at Guiseley and Stockport and is constantly out of position. He also can't cross a ball for toffee. Sadly though Peo isn't a great full back either! Hessey should be in the center of defence with Aldred or Anderson. Boyes needs support up top, not 451, the ball comes back too easily and we have no outlet. That's why we have to [SwearFilter] about with it in our own half and don't get anywhere. We need to be more direct with pace and get in behind our opponents. At the moment, our style is too lethergic. God help us next week, maybe being in the back 4 is the kick up the backside we need, :x
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

1AFC
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by 1AFC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:51 am

bigcod123 wrote:think the deciding factor was when rowe came off and alex came on. i haveneverseen a match we looked so comortable in without winnning.Lincoln are in my bottom 3 in this league.
You serious? Lincoln City, a team unbeaten in 8 games and who quite frankly dominated us in the air and out-muscled us in the majority of the park.

We played better than them for the last 10 minutes, that is is all.

User avatar
Three Lie Ins
Veteran Member
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by Three Lie Ins » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:21 am

I'm wondering if I went to the same match as many of the posters on here. What I saw was a pretty even start with few chances, but what few there were falling to Barrow, apart from their well created and taken goal. I recall several great saves from their goalkeeper. There second chance and attempt on goal resulted in a goal after about an hour. So two chances and two goals to Lincoln, several chances and several great saves from their 'keeper. After the Lincoln second goal our heads went down, and we were poor. Very poor. But for the first hour we edged the match in terms of chances created but for their goalie could have been leading. The penalty revised our spirits and we finished strongly, but it was too late by then. Both teams showed enough to suggest they will not be in the relegation zone come the end of the season, though I suspect it could be tight for Barrow, especially if we do not sort out our defensive frailty.

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Barrow v Lincoln

Post by Jim » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:25 am

People calling for Pearson at full back seem to be forgetting all the posts a few weeks ago saying he was not a full back! Likewise, Skelton was deemed poor a few weeks ago. I think Hunter did Ok in the two games I saw (Nuneaton and Guiseley).

I think we lack the experience of Bolly at the back and the grit of YJO and Hulbert in midfield.

I agree, though, that the best option is Hessey with one of the youngsters in the middle and Skelton and Pearson as full backs. Is Flynn any good at right midfield?

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Lincoln

Post by Reg » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:17 am

jim wrote:People calling for Pearson at full back seem to be forgetting all the posts a few weeks ago saying he was not a full back! Likewise, Skelton was deemed poor a few weeks ago
I haven't forgotten how poor he was there.

Remembering how he played there and still wanting him back in that position instead of Flynn merely indicates just how [SwearFilter] poor Flynn has been. Same goes for Hessey at full back.

He's as much a full back is Stunipps is a ballerina!
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fazered and 38 guests