AGM

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

AGM

Post by Jim » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Am I the only one who has received notice of the AGM on Thursday 17th January * at 7.30pm in the Cross Bar?

* PS that is 2013 in case you are wondering!

saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2842
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by saltcellar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:44 pm

So that will be 22 months after the last one.
Perhaps we should rename it the Biannual General Meeting.

oldtimer
Senior Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by oldtimer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Got mine today. Also Christmas Raffle Tickets.

DSBlue72
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:35 am
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by DSBlue72 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:44 am

Image

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by John Very Little » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Accounts still not submitted to Companies House and currently more than 8 months overdue.
Insert also mentions debentures matters update and next AGM :lol:
A 'discussion on the constitution' sounds interesting?

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by DaveP » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:42 am

I really wish I could be there. I'd like to know how much the club has racked up in fines and penalties both with Companies House & HMRC. Totally avoidable and should never have happened. :evil:

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by Nigel Bamford » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Having collected my membership card a couple of weeks ago I was surprised to receive another in the pack. I'm a double member!
It all comes 'round again.

ahippy
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by ahippy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 pm

I m a double member too having picked mine up, thought I was saving the club postage, I'll donate a stamp next time I'm in :lol:

saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2842
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by saltcellar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Nigel Bamford wrote:Having collected my membership card a couple of weeks ago I was surprised to receive another in the pack. I'm a double member!
So am I.
My son is less fortunate though, I picked his card up with mine recently, but when he got his letter about the AGM and raffle tickets, no membership card was enclosed.

User avatar
Andy
Gold Member
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:40 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by Andy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Not got mine yet :( :?
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
Friedrich Nietzsche

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by DaveP » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:40 am

Not got a card or an AGM notice yet.

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3549
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by tictactoe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Got AGM notice and raffle tickets today. Picked up card from shop few weeks ago.
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8347
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by HenneysKnee » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 am

Anyone cynical could suggest that it is very convenient timing sending out agm notices and membership cards at a time when the club are expecting us to sell things (xmas raffle tickets) for them

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by spirit of 1990 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:13 am

HenneysKnee wrote:Anyone cynical could suggest that it is very convenient timing sending out agm notices and membership cards at a time when the club are expecting us to sell things (xmas raffle tickets) for them
Then again it would make sense rather than send out AGM date, raffle tickets & then memberships.........never gonna please everyone are they???
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by DaveP » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 am

As I've only had the membership card and the raffle ticket but no AGM notice can anyone tell me whether it says the 30/06/11 accounts are to be approved ie the ones very late and racking up large fines or are we also to see the accounts to 30/06/12 which are due for filing by 31/03/13 before even more fines are incurred.

I can't be there but please can someone press them on why what should be relatively simple accounts are late in the first place and now so late to incur thousands of pounds in fines and penalties. I know I'm a dog with a bone on this topic but there really is no excuse whatsoever.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big_Bluebird, MisterPleasant, Muggy, Richard Ingham and 22 guests