Official site article

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Official site article

Post by Kieran » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Why can't we just ask people to turn up to the remaining games without having a dig at them?? The latest article is an absolute embarrassment and is more likely to have the opposite effect if anything.

Someone at the club seriously needs to have a word with whoever writes these articles, its a [SwearFilter] joke.

ahippy
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by ahippy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 pm

As i read it I don't think they are having a go at the support they are just wanting more if the wanderers to return. Damed if they do and damed if they don't springs to mind.

User avatar
jimcook
Veteran Member
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by jimcook » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Kieran wrote:Why can't we just ask people to turn up to the remaining games without having a dig at them?? The latest article is an absolute embarrassment and is more likely to have the opposite effect if anything.

Someone at the club seriously needs to have a word with whoever writes these articles, its a [SwearFilter] joke.
I agree, some of the things on there are just cringeworthy! Do they really think the fans that go to wembley etc and not to the normal games will be regularly checking the website..... I doubt it.
@funkwerkz

User avatar
Bennyfromormsgill
Bronze Member
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Bennyfromormsgill » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:20 pm

The so called fans dont read this forum anyway so it doesnt matter what is written, they want success we are not doing it so they wont come the die hards are keeping this club going. I reckon no more than 800 tomorrow if the game goes ahead, there will be a few more there at the last game of the season if we have to win, they can then say well we were there.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Kieran » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Why has my post been merged with the volunteer thread?? Thats nothing to do with what I was on about!

I'm talking about the article urging stay away fans to attend the remaining games, not the one about clearing the snow.

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5118
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Richard Ingham » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Sorry Keiran, I didnt realise there had been yet another article added to the OS.

Two in one day, we are honoured.

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Kieran » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm

No problem!

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by GTBLUE » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Kieran wrote:Why can't we just ask people to turn up to the remaining games without having a dig at them?? The latest article is an absolute embarrassment and is more likely to have the opposite effect if anything.

Someone at the club seriously needs to have a word with whoever writes these articles, its a [SwearFilter] joke.
I think we know which director wrote the article Kieran !!

Barrow Bluebirds
Platinum Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Walney Island
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Barrow Bluebirds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Why don't they stick posters up round town advertising the game?

P.s They really need to work on their spelling.
FA Trophy Winners 1990 and 2010

Winner of Wintergreens post of the month with "Post Your Picture"

Barrow Bluebirds!

User avatar
32mile_cul-de-sac
Gold Member
Posts: 2444
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: Official site article

Post by 32mile_cul-de-sac » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Steady on chaps lets not criticise the club Dalton Bluebird will be after ya :lol: a five year old could spell better :oops:

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by DaveC » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Barrow Bluebirds wrote:Why don't they stick posters up round town advertising the game?
I make match day posters and Russ Rawley emails them to anyone that wants them. Sadly I don't have the financial means to print enough out to go round town.
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

Barrow Bluebirds
Platinum Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Walney Island
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Barrow Bluebirds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 pm

DaveC wrote:
Barrow Bluebirds wrote:Why don't they stick posters up round town advertising the game?
I make match day posters and Russ Rawley emails them to anyone that wants them. Sadly I don't have the financial means to print enough out to go round town.
I understand you don't have enough financial means but thats what the club should really be doing!
FA Trophy Winners 1990 and 2010

Winner of Wintergreens post of the month with "Post Your Picture"

Barrow Bluebirds!

User avatar
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: Dalton in Furness
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:08 pm

32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:Steady on chaps lets not criticise the club Dalton Bluebird will be after ya :lol: a five year old could spell better :oops:
No I won't. I moan about things as much as anyone, I was just trying to make the point that in the current situation, we should be focusing on staying up, not picking at trivial things.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 pm

John McKay strikes again.

:lol:
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Ralph
Gold Member
Posts: 1804
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Official site article

Post by Ralph » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 pm

DaveC wrote:I make match day posters and Russ Rawley emails them to anyone that wants them. Sadly I don't have the financial means to print enough out to go round town.
Russ sent me a copy of the match poster for the Ebbsfleet game but I was unable to send it out to everyone on the HSN mailing list this time, will endeavour to do so next time.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barrow1987 and 17 guests