Fundraising for the club

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
phizza
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Contact:

Fundraising for the club

Post by phizza » Sat May 04, 2013 12:29 am

After the members meeting I've come up with a quick idea. I know football cards are old hat but I've just ordered 100 40 space cards. I will sell them for £20 each. The idea being is the winner gets £20 and the seller makes the £20 back when they sell them. This way the club gets the £20 per card regardless.. Let me know if you want one and I will deliver locally as far as ulverston. 100 cards at £20 each is an easy £2000.

phizza
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by phizza » Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 am

Or for people who live outside of the local area, gift the money via PayPal to me and I will post them out. The club needs a rapid cash injection ASAP. PayPal rphizacklea@hotmail.com jonty, John Mackay and suzanne at the club will vouch for me as legit :-)

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by Holkerbird » Sat May 04, 2013 1:29 am

Legit? Don't post them from Haverigg Prison then. :lol:

phizza
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by phizza » Sat May 04, 2013 1:50 am

Holkerbird wrote:Legit? Don't post them from Haverigg Prison then. :lol:
Walneys only a only a prison camp when they raise the bridge :P

User avatar
Phizzer
Senior Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by Phizzer » Sat May 04, 2013 8:30 am

Holkerbird wrote:Legit? Don't post them from Haverigg Prison then. :lol:
Elaine, this chap Phizza and my good self are two different peeps. Never met the chap.

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11131
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by Jonty » Sat May 04, 2013 8:54 am

Phizza with an "a" is a genuine guy (well I think so :) ) loves the club like the rest of us although is not a forum user. Just thinking about individual fundraising like this- football cards, future scorecasts, etc.- Phizza- it maybe worthwhile speaking with the BDF (Uncle Peter) as maybe the paypal can be linked through the BDF as lot of the fundraising ideas last season have been. Is that something that can happen BDF? The BDF have just set up an online shop maybe that could be a place to purchase a card? I don't know, just a suggestion. Good luck Phizza and well done for acting on it and yes i'll buy a couple cards from you to take into work although you do realise I am surrounded by Workington Reds fans!!
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

phizza
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by phizza » Sat May 04, 2013 8:58 am

Jonty wrote:Phizza with an "a" is a genuine guy (well I think so :) ) loves the club like the rest of us although is not a forum user. Just thinking about individual fundraising like this- football cards, future scorecasts, etc.- Phizza- it maybe worthwhile speaking with the BDF (Uncle Peter) as maybe the paypal can be linked through the BDF as lot of the fundraising ideas last season have been. Is that something that can happen BDF? The BDF have just set up an online shop maybe that could be a place to purchase a card? I don't know, just a suggestion. Good luck Phizza and well done for acting on it and yes i'll buy a couple cards from you to take into work although you do realise I am surrounded by Workington Reds fans!!
I will let you know when I have them John! Cheers

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by Holkerbird » Sat May 04, 2013 9:01 am

You can't be surrounded by two people Jonty.
Sorry Phizza 1 if I got you mixed up with Phizzer two. I am confused. :lol:

phizza
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by phizza » Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 am

Holkerbird wrote:You can't be surrounded by two people Jonty.
Sorry Phizza 1 if I got you mixed up with Phizzer two. I am confused. :lol:
No worries, I did wonder about the haverigg comment!

User avatar
Uncle Peter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3371
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by Uncle Peter » Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 am

If Phizza wants to let me know when these arrive, I'll happily put them on the website or help with paypal etc.

I reckon we could shift a few of these around BAE
"As long as they don't start causing any bother they are welcome to continue reinforcing my belief the Midlands is only good for nuking."

Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11131
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by Jonty » Sat May 04, 2013 9:45 am

There you go- superb!
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by Holkerbird » Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 am

phizza wrote:
Holkerbird wrote:You can't be surrounded by two people Jonty.
Sorry Phizza 1 if I got you mixed up with Phizzer two. I am confused. :lol:
No worries, I did wonder about the haverigg comment!
Just to clarify he's an officer not a con.

mark webb
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by mark webb » Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 am

£9.99 for 100 cards in bookers just seem them this morining

greenarmour
Senior Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by greenarmour » Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 am

Theres only one Phizzer , i know ,ive slept with him (pre Haverigg) !! He was a gentleman .

phizza
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Fundraising for the club

Post by phizza » Sat May 04, 2013 12:01 pm

mark webb wrote:£9.99 for 100 cards in bookers just seem them this morining
Cheers mark, never thought of bookers. I will go and have a look at them. No harm in having 200 available :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests