BAYLISS OUT

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Reg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:49 am

Has he been sacked yet?

Must be some kind of technical problem with the website, as I can't see the announcement of his dismissal.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

Muggy
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: Where the Lakes Meet the Sea
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Muggy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:06 am

NOT YET

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Reg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

:D
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7486
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Wintergreen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Was it Bayles who got in a fight over a car parking space when he went to attend his Anger Management course or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3549
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by tictactoe » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

John Little has hit the nail on the head, they won't get rid of Bayliss because he is probably owed a lot of money. Dire state for a football club to be in
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Barrowabc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:21 pm

John Mackay was there and reading between the lines
He's backing Baylis :shock:
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by DaveP » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Whatever happened after the match in no way justifies his language on the radio. If John McKay thinks it does then he should go as well.

Gross misconduct and a sackable offence in most jobs (and no compo).

We've been playing rubbish football since shezza left. Thats not the fans fault.

Gates have been falling away for the same period of time. Thats not the fans fault.

Bayliss loses the plot offers to fight the world and swears on radio. Whatever the provacation thats not the fans fault either.

He can't do the job, he can't manage players who clearly don't play for him just get rid now.
Last edited by DaveP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by barrowfan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Wintergreen wrote:Was it Bayles who got in a fight over a car parking space when he went to attend his Anger Management course or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?
I seem to recall you are correct. http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/bayliss-i- ... ath=2.1998

If so, we have a manager who has already attended anger management therapy and goes on radio and says he will take on any fan that wants to fight him and he he will give them his address.

Nice!

Barrow Bluebirds
Platinum Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Walney Island
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Barrow Bluebirds » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Barrowabc wrote:John Mackay was there and reading between the lines
He's backing Baylis :shock:
Also quoted as saying the Board may stick with Bayliss :?
FA Trophy Winners 1990 and 2010

Winner of Wintergreens post of the month with "Post Your Picture"

Barrow Bluebirds!

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by barrowfan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Barrowabc wrote:John Mackay was there and reading between the lines
He's backing Baylis :shock:
You may be right in regard to the incident but IMO the much more serious matter was the way he brought the club into disrepute with his radio outburst.

The more I listen to it the worse it gets as he goes off on his foul-mouth rant and then says he has children himself. Bizarre.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8194
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Ste Story » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 pm

“I felt the honourable thing to do was to leave because I felt I’d let the club down, I’d let myself down, I’d let my players and team-mates down, I’d let Shez down. I was at my lowest point. I was really devastated at what I’d done.

“But Tony being Tony, he got me help. I started getting counselling and that’s continuing.

“I’m not ashamed to admit that I did have problems, I still do have problems, and I’m working my way through them to get myself better."
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by DaveP » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Barrow Bluebirds wrote:
Barrowabc wrote:John Mackay was there and reading between the lines
He's backing Baylis :shock:
Also quoted as saying the Board may stick with Bayliss :?
If they do I hope the membership call an EGM and put forward a motion of no confidence in the BOD, I'm sure if they all resign or are kicked off one or two would step in at least temporarily to run the club.

this way the BOD who have put money in may well have to wave bye bye to it. Yes they can still chase the loans but they won't be in a power position to negotiate like they are now.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8194
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Ste Story » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm

DaveP wrote:this way the BOD who have put money in may well have to wave bye bye to it. Yes they can still chase the loans but they won't be in a power position to negotiate like they are now.
I think it's fair to say they pretty much have the club over a barrel to do with as they please right now, through a number of reasons...
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

Barrow Bluebirds
Platinum Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Walney Island
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by Barrow Bluebirds » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Quoted from the Evening Mail

"Last week, before the Trinity clash, club chairman Brian Keen insisted that Bayliss's job is not currently on the line whilst also indicating his dissatisfaction at AFC's points total"

"And withouth pre-empting the investigation, MacKay indicated that there is no change to that stance"

What a joke of a club we have become.
FA Trophy Winners 1990 and 2010

Winner of Wintergreens post of the month with "Post Your Picture"

Barrow Bluebirds!

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: BAYLISS OUT

Post by DaveP » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Ste Story wrote:
DaveP wrote:this way the BOD who have put money in may well have to wave bye bye to it. Yes they can still chase the loans but they won't be in a power position to negotiate like they are now.
I think it's fair to say they pretty much have the club over a barrel to do with as they please right now, through a number of reasons...
I know what you mean Ste but my point is that the membership can remove them at which point they become creditors and not individuals running the club and making decisions. Yes they can pursue their loans like any other creditor but are they really likely to liquidate the club and risk losing a lot of money especially when a sale proposal may be in the offing.

They act like they are untouchable but they can be removed at the behest of the membership just as easily as they were put there in the first place, perhaps they should be reminded of the fact they are acting on behalf of the membership. If we really believe they can do what they want and are unchallengeable you may as well change the constitution and give them the club right now.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests