Dave Ryder
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8194
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Dave Ryder
Has resigned from the Board of Directors, but no reasons have been given at this time.
I'd just like to remind all users that while we're all for discussions etc, outright lies or bending the truth doesn't help anyone. I'm told and Martin Lewis has also posted from someone close to him that Dave Ryder tendered his resignation days ago and well before the Bayliss situation so it has nothing to do with that and the recently locked thread doesn't really help matters in that aspect.
Feel free to discuss this here, but please stick to truths/opinions over lies/rumours.
I'd just like to remind all users that while we're all for discussions etc, outright lies or bending the truth doesn't help anyone. I'm told and Martin Lewis has also posted from someone close to him that Dave Ryder tendered his resignation days ago and well before the Bayliss situation so it has nothing to do with that and the recently locked thread doesn't really help matters in that aspect.
Feel free to discuss this here, but please stick to truths/opinions over lies/rumours.
Re: Dave Ryder
Cheers Ste
Had just been given the nod to clarify this , but you seem to have done it pretty well.
Had just been given the nod to clarify this , but you seem to have done it pretty well.
Re: rough ryde?
Another director gone, I was concerned when Dave Ingham left as he was 100 percent barrow as is Dave Ryder and his family also. I feel the Bayliss incident has just made the troubles come to the surface, many problems underneath the surface we have not seen or heard of.
I wish Dave all the best and hope he continues to support barrow.
Football breeds an inherent stupidity and we seem to have bore the brunt of it all as a club in the whole. Aside from the troubles I do hope with new bod members we can make sensible and correct decisions for the future of the club and its fans.
I wish Dave all the best and hope he continues to support barrow.
Football breeds an inherent stupidity and we seem to have bore the brunt of it all as a club in the whole. Aside from the troubles I do hope with new bod members we can make sensible and correct decisions for the future of the club and its fans.
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09
-
thegaffer77
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3448
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: rough ryde?
Now I'm even more worried. Dave is a good man, Barrow through and through and things must be bad for him to go. Thanks for all of your hard work Dave over the years.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: rough ryde?
Nice bloke is Dave, imo, I wish him well.
Re: rough ryde?
He's more than that bud, he's a top bloke, nobody will really know the amount of time, effort and hard earned cash Dave put in to the club, but it was his passion and he loved it.Lancaster Branch wrote:Nice bloke is Dave, imo, I wish him well.
As a mate, glad he's called it a day, enjoy your retirement, you deserve it!
Re: rough ryde?
+1 Good blokeLancaster Branch wrote:Nice bloke is Dave, imo, I wish him well.
Re: rough ryde?
Yep, when people like Dave walk away from the club we know we are in trouble! I honestly believe on a personal level though that it is for the best for him and echo GenMans comments
Re: rough ryde?
Very true Martin I remember him opening up the bar a few years back and serving pints to us when a match was on tv, wasn't a match day but he brought his son up and did it all to make some coin for the club. He also drove to McDonalds for a load of happy meals once when a load of kids were in years back for a party and the food didn't turn up. He spoke to my mum who was manager at the store at the time and she got it ready for him, he drove down and picked it all up and made sure all the kids were fed. She did loads of balloons and stuff for him and sent a cake and he pretty much did a kids party on his own.Gen Man wrote:He's more than that bud, he's a top bloke, nobody will really know the amount of time, effort and hard earned cash Dave put in to the club, but it was his passion and he loved it.Lancaster Branch wrote:Nice bloke is Dave, imo, I wish him well.
As a mate, glad he's called it a day, enjoy your retirement, you deserve it!
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09
Re: rough ryde?
Dave Ryder is a top man.
Cheers for your effort and commitment down the years Dave, just a shame it has come to this.
You have to worry about his reasons for leaving. I suspect we wouldn't like them much.
When a good man like Dave walks away, something is seriously wrong.
Cheers for your effort and commitment down the years Dave, just a shame it has come to this.
You have to worry about his reasons for leaving. I suspect we wouldn't like them much.
When a good man like Dave walks away, something is seriously wrong.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
Re: rough ryde?
I echo all of the above. A true gentleman and hard working with it.
Enjoy your retirement Dave, any chance of joining me on the bowling green over the road?
Enjoy your retirement Dave, any chance of joining me on the bowling green over the road?
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7303
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: rough ryde?
Many a good chat with Dave on match days, always seemed to be the most accessible member of the board regards stopping and having a chat with the supporters young and old.
Definite a big loss to the club
Enjoy your retirement
Definite a big loss to the club
Enjoy your retirement
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: rough ryde?
Real shame.
Suppose that new bike will get some extra miles clocked up on it now Dave - best of luck & enjoy your retirement.
Suppose that new bike will get some extra miles clocked up on it now Dave - best of luck & enjoy your retirement.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: rough ryde?
Use to speak to dave regularly about football at kimberleys seemed he was looking forward to retiring and pottering about down the ground......wonder what hes doing sunday mornings Ian?
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2842
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: rough ryde?
Don't think you will see Dave pottering about at the ground Tom while a certain father and son are still there.mrsenario wrote:Use to speak to dave regularly about football at kimberleys seemed he was looking forward to retiring and pottering about down the ground......wonder what hes doing sunday mornings Ian?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests