Winning 5-0

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Winning 5-0

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Matty wrote:IIRC all goals came in the second half against Kettering with Rutherford netting a hat-trick.
Yep, Ruthers got the hat-trick, it was the season where he was firing goals in towards the end of it & where we all thought he'd push on the following season.......wasn't to be though.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Manchester Branch
Silver Member
Posts: 1447
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Winning 5-0

Post by Manchester Branch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm

32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:we beat wukkie a bit back 6-0 round 2006.
6-1 it was, with Henney scoring for them. So 7-0 really
Quomodo es? An bene? Quid scis?

User avatar
frankums
Senior Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 7:04 pm
Location: St Ives | England
Contact:

Re: Winning 5-0

Post by frankums » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Klaus Moogintaal wrote:Tesco 7 Netto 0
Was 5-0 at half time iirc
Cambridge branch

User avatar
xerxes
Gold Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Winning 5-0

Post by xerxes » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 pm

andyg wrote:Meant to say 66-67. I think we had drawn something like our first four home games (we were winning quite a lot of away games) then lost on the saturday ay home 0-1 but came back to beat Exeter as you said 5-0 - think it was a midweek game. My grandad used to send me match reports of the games - happy days
The home defeat was 2-3 against Hartlepool, after being 2-0 up. The Exeter game was a Saturday - see this excellent website - http://www.statto.com/football/stats/results/1966-10-08

andyg
Gold Member
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: Ex expat
Contact:

Re: Winning 5-0

Post by andyg » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes it is a good site I've used it a few times in the past. Look how good we were between 1966 & 1968 really thought we were going places - then the crash. In our relegation season from the third division (1969-70) I went to our only away win of the season (beating Gillingham 1-0 - Mulvaney got the goal I think) was living in Kent at the time. Strange thing I remember was our 2nd kit was red & white (Gills wear blue) & I wore a red & white scarf to the game.

Obviously the final league season still irks me but I see we at least did the double over Stockport & Workington!

russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Winning 5-0

Post by russell_anderson » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 pm

andyg wrote:Yes it is a good site I've used it a few times in the past. Look how good we were between 1966 & 1968 really thought we were going places - then the crash. In our relegation season from the third division (1969-70) I went to our only away win of the season (beating Gillingham 1-0 - Mulvaney got the goal I think) was living in Kent at the time. Strange thing I remember was our 2nd kit was red & white (Gills wear blue) & I wore a red & white scarf to the game.

Obviously the final league season still irks me but I see we at least did the double over Stockport & Workington!
The best Barrow teams I ever saw and, in fact, in our history. Brilliant players such as Jimmy Mallon, Jim Mulholland, Dave Storf and a fantastic midfield pair of George Smith and Mick Hartland.

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11133
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Winning 5-0

Post by Jonty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Someone needs to write a book covering our promotion season and Top of the Third season. Fill it with back page reports of each game, archived photos etc. Interviews with ex players and older fans. I think it would be a great read.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Esso Blue, Main Stand SeasonTct, ossickbluebird and 22 guests