Lolspirit of 1990 wrote:The reply I have had is -
The club has not blocked anyone
Official Twitter
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
Bish=God
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
They just don't get it do they. In ians reply they advise people to email.
If someone emails a question then that one person sees the answer.
If one person tweets a question then potentially about 8000 accounts will see the answer.
This could prompt someone to maybe go to a game or buy something.
Whoever it is isn't very good
As an experiment and because I'm bored I tweeted a question earlier as I've heard a rumour tranmere are getting all Holker Street end.
My question "are tranmere getting all Holker Street end Saturday?"
Reply "not sure. Will find out for you. If segregated they will get W in stand and some standing"
My findings from this are,
They didn't answer my question.
The person doesn't even know if it's segregated (which I'm pretty sure it will be)
A decent more professional reply could have been. Full decision on segregation will be made shortly and will be posted on Twitter and club website.
Basically if you don't know answer make it sound like you do.
If someone emails a question then that one person sees the answer.
If one person tweets a question then potentially about 8000 accounts will see the answer.
This could prompt someone to maybe go to a game or buy something.
Whoever it is isn't very good
As an experiment and because I'm bored I tweeted a question earlier as I've heard a rumour tranmere are getting all Holker Street end.
My question "are tranmere getting all Holker Street end Saturday?"
Reply "not sure. Will find out for you. If segregated they will get W in stand and some standing"
My findings from this are,
They didn't answer my question.
The person doesn't even know if it's segregated (which I'm pretty sure it will be)
A decent more professional reply could have been. Full decision on segregation will be made shortly and will be posted on Twitter and club website.
Basically if you don't know answer make it sound like you do.
Last edited by boyliegladbach on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
spirit of 1990 wrote:The reply I have had is -
The club has not blocked anyone and has always welcomed approaches from fans, whether complimentary or otherwise. Twitter is obviously a good way to air comments and views but the best way to receive answers is through the official e-mail address, pointing out if the question is to anyone in particular.
Away from the official response, if anyone has a question that isn't receiving a reply if sent to the club please feel free to send it to me either through a PM or to ianrainford@aol.com & I will forward it to the person the question is intended for.
See my last post above this.
Simply noy acceptable. They tell us to email the club and we don't get a response. They say its down to a bad internet connection then still tell people to email them
Its a never ending circle of hot wet [SwearFilter]
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
Thanks for posting the snapshot a former member of this forum, I'll now bring this up with the person I had the reply from.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Official Twitter
Ianspirit of 1990 wrote:The reply I have had is -
The club has not blocked anyone and has always welcomed approaches from fans, whether complimentary or otherwise. Twitter is obviously a good way to air comments and views but the best way to receive answers is through the official e-mail address, pointing out if the question is to anyone in particular.
Have the club fixed the problem which stopped/delayed replying to emails?
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
Ralph wrote:Ianspirit of 1990 wrote:The reply I have had is -
The club has not blocked anyone and has always welcomed approaches from fans, whether complimentary or otherwise. Twitter is obviously a good way to air comments and views but the best way to receive answers is through the official e-mail address, pointing out if the question is to anyone in particular.
Have the club fixed the problem which stopped/delayed replying to emails?
I was told it would be sorted by new year.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7150
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
I don`t honestly know why we bother having a twitter account/web-site both are limited to say the least (how long before the team news yesterday!)steve shaw has it at around 1 hour to kick off,if we are to attract younger fans we have to do much better,they must think we are in the sixties! 
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
Funny how almost every other person in Barrow has instant access to email via their phone. Hashtag witchcraft.
Bish=God
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
I'll ask that question also Ralph.Ralph wrote:Ianspirit of 1990 wrote:The reply I have had is -
The club has not blocked anyone and has always welcomed approaches from fans, whether complimentary or otherwise. Twitter is obviously a good way to air comments and views but the best way to receive answers is through the official e-mail address, pointing out if the question is to anyone in particular.
Have the club fixed the problem which stopped/delayed replying to emails?
As I mentioned earlier, if anyone (for the time being) wants to pass questions on through my own e-mail address or PM's on here I'll do my best to get the answers to their questions and as quickly as possible.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
a former member of this forum, Austin will look into the twitter blocking asap. He did say that the club have not sanctioned any blocks at all.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Official Twitter
Sounds to me like 16 years old running it don't like what is being said so are just blocking anyone like they would on a personal account.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8194
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
Poor do either way.Freya wrote:Sounds to me like 16 years old running it don't like what is being said so are just blocking anyone like they would on a personal account.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Official Twitter
Its free advertising to pretty much the whole world.
If the club dont see how important social media can be for the club in the future then i can see us being left behind
If the club dont see how important social media can be for the club in the future then i can see us being left behind
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Official Twitter
Any chance of a Barrow AFC Unofficial Twitter account to sit alongside the forum? I appriciate it would be more work but it could have multiple contributors? With an old Give em Beans sort of vibe. I don't ask for much like.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Esso Blue, ossickbluebird and 19 guests