Big Announcement.

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Jock
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by Jock » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Grant Holt has just moved with his wife and family back to Norfolk from Carlisle

leechy38
Senior Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:59 am
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by leechy38 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:44 pm

just seen holt come out the car park at holler st

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8348
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by HenneysKnee » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:48 pm

People actually thinking Holt would move to non league football :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
PRR
Gold Member
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by PRR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:41 pm

mall wrote:
PRR wrote:I would love to see Holt back too. He could bring a lot to Barrow and could definitely still do a job at Conference level. This announcement better be good cause I'm starting to get a semi
I personally wouldn't want Holt back
Really? I'd have him back in a bean flick. All opinions I guess. Couldn't give two shinies who Curle wants or not
I wanna take you to an Away Bar

mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by mrsenario » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:04 pm

In line with the past... The big announcement could be that there isn't going to be an announcement

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by Steelworks End » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 pm

To be followed by several pages of posts commenting on what hasn't happened! :)

User avatar
walney rock
Bronze Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: windy walney
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by walney rock » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:07 pm

The big announcement will be player layer have worked out how to do proper shirt sizes :lol:
Just my opinion

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:33 am

walney rock wrote:The big announcement will be player layer have worked out how to do proper shirt sizes :lol:
or that the club won't be using them next year becuase they realise how much they are ripping the club off from making shirts for the cost of about £6 each and selling them to the club for about £30
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by mall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:42 am

PRR wrote:
mall wrote: I personally wouldn't want Holt back
Really? I'd have him back in a bean flick. All opinions I guess. Couldn't give two shinies who Curle wants or not
yes, personal opinions'.

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:46 am

Do people really think grant holt would come back here, I said it earlier on thread for a laugh.

I heard his comments about the chairman during the Edmo month thing. Wasn't a fan of mr casson.

User avatar
PRR
Gold Member
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by PRR » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:29 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:Do people really think grant holt would come back here, I said it earlier on thread for a laugh.

I heard his comments about the chairman during the Edmo month thing. Wasn't a fan of mr casson.
Massive cliché but money talks. If we offered him a fat pocket he'd be back.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar

Giggaboom
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by Giggaboom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 pm

If anything holt would be player/ assistant manager. But not sure that will happen or ground merger with the rugby club being the new Cheshire oaks.

SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by SKIPPER » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:48 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:Do people really think grant holt would come back here, I said it earlier on thread for a laugh.

I heard his comments about the chairman during the Edmo month thing. Wasn't a fan of mr casson.



He was also very scathing about Carlisles' transfer dealings during January in wake of the cash injections they've had recently. Suspect he may have been just buttering up the Edmo-loving Carlisle clique in the studio at the time.

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by K-Man » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:54 pm

The fact we are talking about Holt returning is embarrassing. I'd be very surprised if he came to us in any capacity in the next few years.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4102
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Big Announcement.

Post by Bingo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Guess the coaching staff is the big announcement then - can't be bothered turning into RC tonight for the weekly arse licking competition, shit banter and a load of Casson cliché

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests