£990,754 loss last season

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
mr_grey
Veteran Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by mr_grey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:23 pm


User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:10 pm

mr_grey wrote:http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/articl ... o+may+2016

As liverpool loose £19.8m
General Football
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by barrowfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:27 am

Richard Ingham wrote:
barrowfan wrote:
There used to be a weekly report on here about the work that had been done on the ground by the great team that got together on a Sunday. I haven't seen a report more or less since Casson took over, and I seem to remember it was disbanded. If that is the case the club seems to have lost a great asset that was manned by enthusiastic volunteers.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18953&hilit=ground+ ... start=2370 is the thread you are referring to.

Last updated in October. Hardly "more or less since Casson took over". I know the guys are looking at resuming their Sunday exploits soon, I am sure Ian or Tommy will be along to update it.
I said I hadn't seen one, not there hadn't been one. My fault for missing it, and I was actually praising the work that the group had carried out. ;)

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3496
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by Pedro » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:25 am

We need to find someone with money I.e a millionaire

russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by russell_anderson » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 am

Pedro wrote:We need to find someone with money I.e a millionaire
I'm sure Paul Casson IS a millionaire. However, to maintain a football club nowadays (even at National League level) you need to be a many times multi-millionaire and I'm not sure Mr Casson is at that level.

olbarrafancumbak
Gold Member
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 am

russell_anderson wrote:
Pedro wrote:We need to find someone with money I.e a millionaire
I'm sure Paul Casson IS a millionaire. However, to maintain a football club nowadays (even at National League level) you need to be a many times multi-millionaire and I'm not sure Mr Casson is at that level.
out of curiosity...wonder how deep Mr C's pockets are?

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 am

russell_anderson wrote:
Pedro wrote:We need to find someone with money I.e a millionaire
I'm sure Paul Casson IS a millionaire. However, to maintain a football club nowadays (even at National League level) you need to be a many times multi-millionaire and I'm not sure Mr Casson is at that level.

Could do with someone at the club on a daily basis who has been a chief exec at a football club before. There needs to be a massive injection of professionalism and initiative.It seems as if the clubs owner is happy to just trudge along and patch things up rather than put things into place to get the club ready for its future.
Last edited by The Real Slim Azza on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by DaveP » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:55 am

agree with that 100%

Londonblue
Senior Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by Londonblue » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:21 pm

russell_anderson wrote:
Pedro wrote:We need to find someone with money I.e a millionaire
I'm sure Paul Casson IS a millionaire. However, to maintain a football club nowadays (even at National League level) you need to be a many times multi-millionaire and I'm not sure Mr Casson is at that level.
Completely agree. In addition, you have to have lots liquid cash. No point in having your millions tied up in illiquid assets or in your company if it can't fund something on a day to day basis.

Roadrunner
Bronze Member
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:16 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by Roadrunner » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:12 pm

What we could do "ad infinitum" is complain about how little PC has done :roll: and keep going on about losing money and in the end PC might just say you know what, I'm fed up of all these wingeing brits, I'm off :o
I know plenty will come back at me and say This is OUR forum and we can say what we want but it is PCs company and he can do what he wants too.
Can we stop biting the hand that feeds us, please
We're all supporters on here. Let's leave the negative comments to the away fans

olbarrafancumbak
Gold Member
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Roadrunner wrote:What we could do "ad infinitum" is complain about how little PC has done :roll: and keep going on about losing money and in the end PC might just say you know what, I'm fed up of all these wingeing brits, I'm off :o
I know plenty will come back at me and say This is OUR forum and we can say what we want but it is PCs company and he can do what he wants too.
Can we stop biting the hand that feeds us, please
Good point

there is a wee problem with communication but I suppose stuff might be happening behind scenes.. a lot HAS been done and looks like its continuing??

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Roadrunner wrote:What we could do "ad infinitum" is complain about how little PC has done :roll: and keep going on about losing money and in the end PC might just say you know what, I'm fed up of all these wingeing brits, I'm off :o
I know plenty will come back at me and say This is OUR forum and we can say what we want but it is PCs company and he can do what he wants too.
Can we stop biting the hand that feeds us, please
..... Or it could make him realise areas that need strengthening. If his hobby is worth doing then he might as well do it properly.

If the club continues with this approach then by all means, let the club lose money and play Holker OB in a few years when the cash injections stop. Id much rather be proved wrong than right.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:22 pm

olbarrafancumbak wrote: a lot HAS been done and looks like its continuing??

What exactly has been done though? What has been put in place off the pitch in the last 3 years that is now generating its own income?

Do you not feel like not a lot has actually changed from when the Keens were in charge?

EDIT - Thinking on I asked this about a month ago and no one could name anything.
Last edited by The Real Slim Azza on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by russell_anderson » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Roadrunner wrote:What we could do "ad infinitum" is complain about how little PC has done :roll: and keep going on about losing money and in the end PC might just say you know what, I'm fed up of all these wingeing brits, I'm off :o
I know plenty will come back at me and say This is OUR forum and we can say what we want but it is PCs company and he can do what he wants too.
Can we stop biting the hand that feeds us, please
I think there's a difference between complaining about how little he's done and pointing out (as I was) that just maybe he can't afford to do any more. As far as I'm concerned, without him the club would pretty soon be playing in a league 2 levels lower unless somebody else with large pockets took over and there are precious few people in Barrow who could do that! I'm absolutely sure that he's spent a mega amount of money already but am equally convinced that what people want in terms of a new ground requires a mammoth amount of money. However, as a few people on here have already pointed out there are many improvements that could be made on the commercial side that might improve the revenue coming into the club.

Londonblue
Senior Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: £990,754 loss last season

Post by Londonblue » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Roadrunner wrote:What we could do "ad infinitum" is complain about how little PC has done :roll: and keep going on about losing money and in the end PC might just say you know what, I'm fed up of all these wingeing brits, I'm off :o
I know plenty will come back at me and say This is OUR forum and we can say what we want but it is PCs company and he can do what he wants too.
Can we stop biting the hand that feeds us, please
It's not that PC has done nothing and I think everyone is thankful that he came in to buy the club when he did.

It's the intentions that he originally made regarding the ground etc. and the apparent lack of progress and communication that people are concerned about.

With regards to him getting fed up with fans moaning on this forum etc. if he takes offence to people questioning what he's doing and asking for reasonable updates, then he doesn't understand how people get attached to their clubs. For what it's worth, I think he does understand and wouldn't get phased by what we say or think.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests