Yep it's worrying .
The amount of time it's taking to sort out is ridiculous.
Let's not make a decision to hastily we might look competent
Yep it's worrying .
Act in haste, repent at leisure, Pedro.
Nothing story with no foundation the decision has been taken !Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 5:51 pm You ain"t seen nothing yet.
Daily Mail running this story today.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-now.html
No it hasn't. The clubs have given their opinion in a vote but the decision will be taken by the EFL and FA.blue nige wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 6:02 pmNothing story with no foundation the decision has been taken !Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 5:51 pm You ain"t seen nothing yet.
Daily Mail running this story today.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-now.html
Yes your right but if you read everything about the whole scenario the EFL & FA recommended ending season with relegation & promotion so I said it's all irrelevant the decision will not be changed.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 6:10 pmNo it hasn't. The clubs have given their opinion in a vote but the decision will be taken by the EFL and FA.
Finding myself agreeing with Dale Vince is probably the most surprising thing to happen during “lockdown”Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 5:51 pm You ain"t seen nothing yet.
Daily Mail running this story today.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-now.html
I'm with you on this on SB.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 6:22 pm Well lets wait a few days and see. It may not have much influence on our situation anyway.
The League 2 position on finishing by weighted PPG is a done deal and will be sanctioned. However, the temporary suspension of relegation is a proposal or recommendation requiring ratification by the EFL and sanctioning by the FA. The wording of the proposal itself reads as being very weak and does not look like it has any pre-sanctioned authority behind it.
I've not read anything or heard anything from anybody involved in League 2 that suggests confidence in this proposal sailing through. I'll be happy to concede Nige but my feeling at the moment is that allowing promotion but suspending relegation will prove a step too far and will be rejected if not by the EFL then by the FA.
Hope you're correct as that is what should happen but I'm still glad there will be one place spare as that wii be for Barrow.blue nige wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pmYes your right but if you read everything about the whole scenario the EFL & FA recommended ending season with relegation & promotion so I said it's all irrelevant the decision will not be changed.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 6:10 pm
No it hasn't. The clubs have given their opinion in a vote but the decision will be taken by the EFL and FA.
Dont really understand the optimism around a decision to suspend relegation from League 2. If I were the NL I'd be tempted to take that as a green light to void the season. That would solve my play-off dilemma and mean that NL could shut down its own relegation issue. Barrow could take its chances with an invite from the EFL. Best case we go up but not as champions. Worst case somebody uses the void to lobby for another team to be invited up.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 8:34 pmHope you're correct as that is what should happen but I'm still glad there will be one place spare as that wii be for Barrow.
He’s absolutely right.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 6:22 pmFinding myself agreeing with Dale Vince is probably the most surprising thing to happen during “lockdown”Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 5:51 pm You ain"t seen nothing yet.
Daily Mail running this story today.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-now.html
Taking anyone other than the the best non-league team out there - a team who had been top for 5 months - would be both grotesquely unfair and just downright wrong. I genuinely don't believe that will happen. For me 76 pages of this thread hasn't really changed much. I'm still confident Barrow will be in the EFL next season (whenever that is). At least one team will go up - and if so, that has to be us. I know people are nervous and don't want to tempt fate, but we need to remain hopeful and not expect the worst because of 48 years ago.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sat May 16, 2020 8:48 pm Worst case somebody uses the void to lobby for another team to be invited up.
Users browsing this forum: blueistheonlycolour, bluessupporter, Stand By Me and 21 guests