Ian Evatt
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
He should stay for another season.
He has done well for Barrow in the National league but hasn't been tested in the football league. A further season to find his feet and then assess his options.
The pressure at Bolton will greatly exceed anything at Barrow.
He has done well for Barrow in the National league but hasn't been tested in the football league. A further season to find his feet and then assess his options.
The pressure at Bolton will greatly exceed anything at Barrow.
Re: Ian Evatt
[/quote]
I agree with you both. If he goes it will hurt a lot. And it will hurt the squad. Listening to interviews they clearly play for him and respect what he's done for their careers. Who knows what impact a different manager would have.
I wouldn't mind quite so much if his possible move was to a club in League One but to go to this shower in the same league as us would be, as you say, a real kick in the teeth.
[/quote]
You say that as if you believe that Barrow are on the same level as Bolton, this season is a low point for sure, but don't get into thinking that being Bolton manager is a step down, he'll be the best thing since big Sam, and will get us back to where we should be.
I agree with you both. If he goes it will hurt a lot. And it will hurt the squad. Listening to interviews they clearly play for him and respect what he's done for their careers. Who knows what impact a different manager would have.
I wouldn't mind quite so much if his possible move was to a club in League One but to go to this shower in the same league as us would be, as you say, a real kick in the teeth.
[/quote]
You say that as if you believe that Barrow are on the same level as Bolton, this season is a low point for sure, but don't get into thinking that being Bolton manager is a step down, he'll be the best thing since big Sam, and will get us back to where we should be.
-
John_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
You're now just being annoying. Perhaps best to pi55 off and talk about this on a Bolton forum.Johnno wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:27 pm You say that as if you believe that Barrow are on the same level as Bolton, this season is a low point for sure, but don't get into thinking that being Bolton manager is a step down, he'll be the best thing since big Sam, and will get us back to where we should be.
-
barrow-mike
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 6:42 pm
- Location: barrow
Re: Ian Evatt
I would not touch Bolton with a barge pole ...Bolton = unstableRedWeb wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:31 pmYou're now just being annoying. Perhaps best to pi55 off and talk about this on a Bolton forum.Johnno wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:27 pm You say that as if you believe that Barrow are on the same level as Bolton, this season is a low point for sure, but don't get into thinking that being Bolton manager is a step down, he'll be the best thing since big Sam, and will get us back to where we should be.
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Bolton are probably the only division 2 club he would go to.
- walney rock
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 797
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm
- Location: windy walney
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
I agree with you both. If he goes it will hurt a lot. And it will hurt the squad. Listening to interviews they clearly play for him and respect what he's done for their careers. Who knows what impact a different manager would have.
I wouldn't mind quite so much if his possible move was to a club in League One but to go to this shower in the same league as us would be, as you say, a real kick in the teeth.
[/quote]
You say that as if you believe that Barrow are on the same level as Bolton, this season is a low point for sure, but don't get into thinking that being Bolton manager is a step down, he'll be the best thing since big Sam, and will get us back to where we should be.
[/quote]
You are where u should be
Just my opinion
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3509
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Players/Managers don't wait for permission they let the agents get on with it long before clubs speak with each other.blumooncrab wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:38 pm And another thing ....
Presumably there are rules about making contact with the manager of another club - surely it must be done only after permission is given ? In which case , the game has only just begun - if indeed an approach is formally made - all speculation at present.
Re: Ian Evatt
Aren't you the Mr angry of this board? I think we'll get Evatt, then I'll pop off.RedWeb wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:31 pmYou're now just being annoying. Perhaps best to [SwearFilter] off and talk about this on a Bolton forum.Johnno wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:27 pm You say that as if you believe that Barrow are on the same level as Bolton, this season is a low point for sure, but don't get into thinking that being Bolton manager is a step down, he'll be the best thing since big Sam, and will get us back to where we should be.
Re: Ian Evatt
Thanks for that and I think you're spot on. If Evatt does go it's a massive gamble for him. With all due respect, another season of success with Barrow would give him a much better chance of becoming a League 1 or even Championship manager, whereas failure at Bolton means he's just another manager who showed promise but didn't make it.worthysleftfoot wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:45 pm I’m looking at the situation with IE and Bolton, yes I’m a Bolton fan. It strikes me that should Ian E leave for Bolton it will be a big gamble for him. The one thing Barrow have in spades at the moment is momentum and Bolton are a way off that yet. We lost Rioch in the mid 90’s, poached by Arsenal, so we know what it feels like. However we had momentum, Rioch had 2 promotions in 3 seasons and left us as a promoted team to the premier. After a brief dalliance with Roy Mcfarland our existing coach Todd carried on the good work done by Rioch and rode the wave of momentum. Allardyce then took over and the rest is history as they say.
If he leaves you I don’t see it as a disaster and with a decent replacement I believe you will consolidate and possibly sneak another promotion, I wouldn’t be surprised. Momentum at a football club is hard to stop.
Us on the other hand need to stop the rot and quick but if we can do that then the potential of Bolton is with respect much bigger than Barrow. It’s tricky for IE for sure but perhaps a bigger salary is hard to turn down.
I notice a lot of speculation on here about FV at Bolton and the only thing I’d say on that is nobody really knows whether they want to spend money or not because I wouldn’t say they play their cards close to their chest . They play them from under their vest!
Anyway I’m a supporter of all the Lancashire clubs in terms of rather them than cockney w*****s being successful and yes I know you’re now in Cumbria but I’m old enough to remember you being in Lancashire.
I hope for his sake he's making the right choice but I have my doubts.
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
Sorry but what a cockbarrowfan wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pmThanks for that and I think you're spot on. If Evatt does go it's a massive gamble for him. With all due respect, another season of success with Barrow would give him a much better chance of becoming a League 1 or even Championship manager, whereas failure at Bolton means he's just another manager who showed promise but didn't make it.worthysleftfoot wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:45 pm I’m looking at the situation with IE and Bolton, yes I’m a Bolton fan. It strikes me that should Ian E leave for Bolton it will be a big gamble for him. The one thing Barrow have in spades at the moment is momentum and Bolton are a way off that yet. We lost Rioch in the mid 90’s, poached by Arsenal, so we know what it feels like. However we had momentum, Rioch had 2 promotions in 3 seasons and left us as a promoted team to the premier. After a brief dalliance with Roy Mcfarland our existing coach Todd carried on the good work done by Rioch and rode the wave of momentum. Allardyce then took over and the rest is history as they say.
If he leaves you I don’t see it as a disaster and with a decent replacement I believe you will consolidate and possibly sneak another promotion, I wouldn’t be surprised. Momentum at a football club is hard to stop.
Us on the other hand need to stop the rot and quick but if we can do that then the potential of Bolton is with respect much bigger than Barrow. It’s tricky for IE for sure but perhaps a bigger salary is hard to turn down.
I notice a lot of speculation on here about FV at Bolton and the only thing I’d say on that is nobody really knows whether they want to spend money or not because I wouldn’t say they play their cards close to their chest . They play them from under their vest!
Anyway I’m a supporter of all the Lancashire clubs in terms of rather them than cockney w*****s being successful and yes I know you’re now in Cumbria but I’m old enough to remember you being in Lancashire.
I hope for his sake he's making the right choice but I have my doubts.
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
If he doesn't want to be here and wants to run away to the circus lets grab the money, move on and get on with the new era at Barrow AFC. If he wants to stay brilliant lets put it to bed and get on with it.
Re: Ian Evatt
Don’t know if this has already been posted. Too many comments to trawl through and check
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18 ... ian-evatt/
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18 ... ian-evatt/
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Ian Evatt
I agree with you both. If he goes it will hurt a lot. And it will hurt the squad. Listening to interviews they clearly play for him and respect what he's done for their careers. Who knows what impact a different manager would have.
I wouldn't mind quite so much if his possible move was to a club in League One but to go to this shower in the same league as us would be, as you say, a real kick in the teeth.
[/quote]
You say that as if you believe that Barrow are on the same level as Bolton, this season is a low point for sure, but don't get into thinking that being Bolton manager is a step down, he'll be the best thing since big Sam, and will get us back to where we should be.
[/quote]You really know very little about football if you think that if you do get Ian Evatt that is a guarantee for success. There are literally dozens of managers who have done well at clubs and after moving have been abject failures. Nathan Jones is a recent prime example who was brilliant at Luton but when he moved to Stoke was a complete disaster.
Re: Ian Evatt
Yes no one person is bigger than the club and it is a combination of things coming together, but he has been at the heart of it all and would be very tough to replace, He managed to change the mentality and belief of the fans, something no one has ever achieved before. Hard to build up, very easy to drop back down. That club culture is not there yet to sustain it if he moves on, thats why we need to go into L2 with him at the helm. If he moves on, and the next manager doesn't have that same energy, we’d soon drop back down again. Its off the pitch as well where the Manager needs to make a markRedWeb wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:15 pmWhile I agree with the sentiment, Evo's combination of man management and footballing philosophy were huge factors. Tough to replace.blumooncrab wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 pmNo no no ,
Together we are all bigger than one man , no matter how great he is. If a key person leaves , and he may not, we carry on in strength and belief. The whole is worth more than the sum of the parts.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests