Welcome David Dunn
Re: Welcome David
Welcome and good luck to David Dunn, i based my reservations on his results at Oldham, but that is perhaps unfair as I understand he was pretty much landed with the role during a torrid time. He has 5 years more experience now and comes to a club on the up with the nucleus of a fantastic team to work with. I just hope he is astute in the transfer market, tactically and with game management. I liked when he said he will give the club everything which is exactly what you want to hear. Now lets see which players he brings in.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Remember the time, his name does'nt seem to appear anywhere I've looked.NB Bluebird wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:34 amHad him on loan from Blackpool for a month in 1992, when John King was manager.
Re: Welcome David Dunn
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_DunnGTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:04 pmRemember the time, his name does'nt seem to appear anywhere I've looked.NB Bluebird wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:34 am
Had him on loan from Blackpool for a month in 1992, when John King was manager.
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Keep up the good work Adam.
Any news on if we will be able to hear away games on Radio?
B does become before C
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
All games will be on the radio
We can’t have games online unfortunately but our coverage will be used on the ifollow- that is the only way to get online radio coverage
We can’t have games online unfortunately but our coverage will be used on the ifollow- that is the only way to get online radio coverage
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Good interview with the new Gaffer on RC. Good to hear him talking about his managers Big Sam,Roy Hodgeson gave him good experience
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Promotion.. Cup wins.. doesnt get any better,,,,, https://youtu.be/-cehpw8bv7A
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 
-
Matty Bassdriver
- Senior Member
- Posts: 465
- Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:08 pm
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Yes, really good listen - extended interview with Chris Lumsden on BBCRC:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08kg1lg
Starts at 5.30; ends at 50.40
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
We are on about Terry McPhillips !
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
It was a very entertaining way to spend an hour. He's clearly got lots of contacts - speaks with Steve Bruce and Graeme Souness regularly - and has a long list of targets for us.
It all comes 'round again.
-
EABluebird
- Member
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Unlike most managers these days he is not the most eloquent of speaker, however it’s what happens on the pitch that really counts.
The jury is still out for me, let’s see how he copes when things are going wrong or how he uses substitutes or how he sets us up tactically.
I’m going to stick my neck out and say lower midtable at best. Which is not really good enough.
I hope to be proved wrong and I eat a massive slice of humble pie.
The jury is still out for me, let’s see how he copes when things are going wrong or how he uses substitutes or how he sets us up tactically.
I’m going to stick my neck out and say lower midtable at best. Which is not really good enough.
I hope to be proved wrong and I eat a massive slice of humble pie.
-
Richard Ingham
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5115
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Chorley
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Agreed, I thought it was a very positive interview.
He has the contacts, has some good ideas, and I was particularly impressed with his philosophy about loaning youth players and the need to research them, watch them and get to know them before making an approach to the club involved.
His predecessor obviously did this and was successful more often than not in that market, so hopefully Dunny will be able to make it work to his advantage too.
Also liked his recognition of the fact that the fans and players need an opportunity to celebrate last seasons success. Some managers would come in and only look forward and do their own thing, but to mention that shows me in a small way he "gets" us as a club and a support base.
I am impressed so far. Keep me smiling Dunny.
He has the contacts, has some good ideas, and I was particularly impressed with his philosophy about loaning youth players and the need to research them, watch them and get to know them before making an approach to the club involved.
His predecessor obviously did this and was successful more often than not in that market, so hopefully Dunny will be able to make it work to his advantage too.
Also liked his recognition of the fact that the fans and players need an opportunity to celebrate last seasons success. Some managers would come in and only look forward and do their own thing, but to mention that shows me in a small way he "gets" us as a club and a support base.
I am impressed so far. Keep me smiling Dunny.
-
JammyBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1390
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
Realistically survival is the key for us to allow us to get EFL money and develop the club. I hope people aren't going to kick off if we're far adrift of playeoffs but safe from relegation when we've got a new manger and are comparatively a tiny club compared to some in this division.EABluebird wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 am Unlike most managers these days he is not the most eloquent of speaker, however it’s what happens on the pitch that really counts.
The jury is still out for me, let’s see how he copes when things are going wrong or how he uses substitutes or how he sets us up tactically.
I’m going to stick my neck out and say lower midtable at best. Which is not really good enough.
I hope to be proved wrong and I eat a massive slice of humble pie.
-
Walneywanderer1979
- Senior Member
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: Welcome David Dunn
I'd say survival is the aim to consolidate in the division we're a small fish in a big pond so let's give Dunn the time to settle in and see how things go he shouldn't be under too much pressure as we won't be expected to be winning every week good luck to Mr Dunn let's get behind him and see where the journey takes us
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Zuluwarrior and 25 guests