New Signings Rumours
-
NB Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
Is he still at Boreham Wood?
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
yes - he was pictured earlier in the week returning to training
Lancashire;- born and bred
Re: New Signings Rumours
Correct but he is the only proven goal scorer if he gets injured or banned again who is anywhere near as good.Van Der Nipper wrote: ↑Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:56 pmHard act to follow? He misses 2 league games not the bloody season.Pedro wrote: ↑Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:28 pm
It would have been nice to seen them in friendly.
I think Quigley will be a hard act to follow, I think he chased back alot and when Rooney got the ball would carry it forward till Quigley got back up front
The defence with Platt and Jones looks formidable let's hope our midfield and new forwards can shine.
-
Walneywanderer1979
- Senior Member
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
I agree we definitely need another top forward quigs is the main man and Angus isn't bad but I cant see him being prolific and James is a sub for me so if quigs gets injured I'd say we would be struggling for goals
-
Bluebirdstwo
- Member
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:28 am
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
I imagine DD will play with one central striker,
I can't see him bringing in a "top" striker on a good wage to probably sit in the stand waiting for quiggs to miss games etc , a loan signing at most in my opinion will be the way he goes time will tell..
I can't see him bringing in a "top" striker on a good wage to probably sit in the stand waiting for quiggs to miss games etc , a loan signing at most in my opinion will be the way he goes time will tell..
Re: New Signings Rumours
Looking at the squad we've signed 2 more this week but i do believe we are a striker short. Theres a lot of games with the additional cup matches so we need to rotate. Defensively i think we look great, midfield has lots of options. I could see us being more defensive minded so playing like a 451 or 352 formation
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
Signed another defender; Scott Wilson released from Burnley
Re: New Signings Rumours
Sounding like we are setting up for set pieces, another defender to the ranks 

Re: New Signings Rumours
One thing I've learned from this forum - we are pretty poor at getting the rumours right 
2 defenders in 2 days and I'd never heard of them until the signings were announced. So in theory most people agree we need another striker so would we be surprised if ones announced today ???? Or at least before the opening game of the season next week.
We have 2 keepers (GK coach is our no2)
Several defenders
Several midfielders
I'd say Quigley, James and Angus are the strikers (Penfold to me is not a forward but could be a winger) we have how many now 21 ? 22 ? Signed on - I've lost count now which is good for us because the squad looks solid. I said on another post we look like a 3 5 2 formation or a 4 5 1 rather than 4 4 2 because we've signed a few wing backs now. Im just hoping the lads who were here last season get a good chance to start and prove why they were in the team. Im happy practically every player bar 1 ? Is on a permanent contract and some 2 or 3 year deals which shows the clubs ambition and also good business if other clubs come sniffing around!
Fingers crossed a Striker comes in - DD said 3 or 4 more needed and i think we signed 3 since then so we might be due 1 more....
2 defenders in 2 days and I'd never heard of them until the signings were announced. So in theory most people agree we need another striker so would we be surprised if ones announced today ???? Or at least before the opening game of the season next week.
We have 2 keepers (GK coach is our no2)
Several defenders
Several midfielders
I'd say Quigley, James and Angus are the strikers (Penfold to me is not a forward but could be a winger) we have how many now 21 ? 22 ? Signed on - I've lost count now which is good for us because the squad looks solid. I said on another post we look like a 3 5 2 formation or a 4 5 1 rather than 4 4 2 because we've signed a few wing backs now. Im just hoping the lads who were here last season get a good chance to start and prove why they were in the team. Im happy practically every player bar 1 ? Is on a permanent contract and some 2 or 3 year deals which shows the clubs ambition and also good business if other clubs come sniffing around!
Fingers crossed a Striker comes in - DD said 3 or 4 more needed and i think we signed 3 since then so we might be due 1 more....
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
-
PerthBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1373
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
A cookie monster inbound
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.
-
NB Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
It would be great to have Cookie back. (If confirmed.)
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
Anyone said Andy Cook yet?
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: New Signings Rumours
https://twitter.com/CJPhillips1982/stat ... 6840776711
i think it's unlikely now that he'll come here - but Humphry at Southend who we were linked with has today put in a transfer request.
i think it's unlikely now that he'll come here - but Humphry at Southend who we were linked with has today put in a transfer request.
Lancashire;- born and bred
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bluebirds Trust, gary, Klaus Moogintaal II and 41 guests