Morecambe (A) Match Thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by Barrowabc » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:27 pm

I refuse to be negative, and it's first time I have I follow, but some numpty from them lot talking shite and I believe we'll win this 1-2quigs, Kay
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

A.B.
Platinum Member
Posts: 4108
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by A.B. » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:28 pm

bigmac95 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:26 pm
A.B. wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:22 pm For those who want Dunn sacked;

WhErE iS tHe MoNeY cOmInG fRoM?!?!
How is this an argument? Surely the £1mil + tv revenue for being in the league next year helps. If more is needed I would bus Biggins back to Fleetwood and loan out one of the 9 CB we have and one of the 5 strikers we have. There are savings to be made and a lot of deadwood which can be shifted.

My question to you......HoW cAn We AfFoRd NoT tO?!?!
Oh, I’m with you fella don’t you worry. It’s just an argument constantly used to defend keeping Dunn at the club.
#SWB

PerthBluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by PerthBluebird » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:29 pm

bigmac95 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:26 pm
A.B. wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:22 pm For those who want Dunn sacked;

WhErE iS tHe MoNeY cOmInG fRoM?!?!
How is this an argument? Surely the £1mil + tv revenue for being in the league next year helps. If more is needed I would bus Biggins back to Fleetwood and loan out one of the 9 CB we have and one of the 5 strikers we have. There are savings to be made and a lot of deadwood which can be shifted.

My question to you......HoW cAn We AfFoRd NoT tO?!?!
Seriously who do you bring in to fix this though atm we aint got a midfield literally got nothing. Won 2 games against 10 men so then bring someone new in we go down up the creek without a paddle. Should have brought clough in end off the day we are run by a board that are new to football crying shame this could be over in a season really bloody is and i hope all that go saturday make the feeling bloody know when the next q and a?
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.

Barra Marra
Bronze Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by Barra Marra » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:29 pm

I've questioned subs made a few times, but taking Kay off is unfathomable when we are chasing a game. I haven't noticed Biggins once yet.
I've been one to be quite optimistic as far as possible but tonight is really testing that optimism. Back to the same back 3 that wasn't working after playing well with a 4-3-3. Taking Kay off when we need to get a goal from somewhere. We were pretty poor before the red card. The red just made it harder, even if it was ridiculous.
MASSIVE performance needed second half.
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you :scarf:

PerthBluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by PerthBluebird » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Barrowabc wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:27 pm I refuse to be negative, and it's first time I have I follow, but some numpty from them lot talking shite and I believe we'll win this 1-2quigs, Kay
0 shots on target with 10 men
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by Chris Benoit » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Barrowabc wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:27 pm I refuse to be negative, and it's first time I have I follow, but some numpty from them lot talking shite and I believe we'll win this 1-2quigs, Kay
I admire your positive outlook but no chance a player who's been subbed off is going to score :roll:
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

User avatar
The Chief
Silver Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:18 am
Location: Crewe
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by The Chief » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:33 pm

Cromwell58 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:58 pm
David881 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:43 pmDunn out
Why, whatever happens to night if we get beat do not blame Dunne blame the referee or linesman never a sending off.
Are you high? We’ve been sh!t all season and we’re atrocious before the red. Utterly ridiculous to defend the non existent game plan other than kick it really hard away from goal. We look awful. Taking Kay off yet leaving Biggins on says all we need to know about his judgement and desire to win a game. We effectively have 9 men on the pitch but only Quigley looks like he can play football and wants to give any effort.
Go and finish your dinner [SwearFilter] face!

bigmac95
Bronze Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by bigmac95 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:34 pm

PerthBluebird wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:29 pm
bigmac95 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:26 pm

How is this an argument? Surely the £1mil + tv revenue for being in the league next year helps. If more is needed I would bus Biggins back to Fleetwood and loan out one of the 9 CB we have and one of the 5 strikers we have. There are savings to be made and a lot of deadwood which can be shifted.

My question to you......HoW cAn We AfFoRd NoT tO?!?!
Seriously who do you bring in to fix this though atm we aint got a midfield literally got nothing. Won 2 games against 10 men so then bring someone new in we go down up the creek without a paddle. Should have brought clough in end off the day we are run by a board that are new to football crying shame this could be over in a season really bloody is and i hope all that go saturday make the feeling bloody know when the next q and a?
It is a valid point but January is around the corner and I would want a new person in to see what we have (and more importantly what we don't). Then we act fast in the market to bring in 2 midfielders (because it is [SwearFilter] obvious what we don't have). Keeping DD is the worst option this team can make.
And on the 7th day god created football

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by Barrowabc » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Still, 2xquigs,
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by MisterPleasant » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Barrowabc wrote: ↑Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:27 pm I refuse to be negative, and it's first time I have I follow, but some numpty from them lot talking shite and I believe we'll win this 1-2quigs, Kay
If you don't want to listen to their commentary then go to settings and choose the 'Away' commentary. You'll get Adam and Mark Boyd. Mind, they're struggling to put a positive spin on it.
Don't let the old man in.

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by Kieran » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Taking Kay off is unforgivable, a completely illogical thing to do. In a game where you're down to ten men and reliant to a large extent on being able to break quickly, he is exactly the sort of player you want on the pitch. Any one of the three centre midfielders could've gone off and I'd have had no complaints, but Kay? Bonkers.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7132
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by blue nige » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:37 pm

not watching but see how we go this half if Dunn is as good as some people think on here just because we've got 10 men if you organise them properly and get them motivated we can still get something out of this but I won't hold my breath be interesting if we lose tonight if people on here don't think it's a problem after some smart arse comments last week !

Barra Marra
Bronze Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by Barra Marra » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:44 pm

Stand by what I've said. This is a decent squad that needs refinement, be it style of play, new faces or whatever (particularly midfield). I am however, starting to get more and more inclined to question DD's management of it. Still behind them and willing him to turn it around, but some decisions are just perplexing.
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you :scarf:

bigmac95
Bronze Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by bigmac95 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Biggins, C.Taylor and L.James have been non-existant. Take them off. May as well.
And on the 7th day god created football

LCBAFC40
Silver Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Morecambe (A) Match Thread

Post by LCBAFC40 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:47 pm

We look shite ! Literally not one player can get a ball to our front 2 because its all sideways passing. Subs are needed and quick!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigfathoss, blumooncrab, Esso Blue, Klaus Moogintaal II and 43 guests