+1 only excuse was the crap state of the training ground at the start of the season which was legitimate and the club put right by moving.saltcellar wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:58 pmHas David Dunn made any excuses after a match this season?Reginald wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:11 am
Of course people who go to the game will get behind the team.
There are 'always' twists and turns.
The fact remains this manager is to nice, he isn't up to it.
Of course we have 'some' good players but, overall, not good enough.
Salford were beaten in Cumbria last night.
We all know what's going to happen on Saturday-all the excuses under the sun after another defeat.
Act now before its too late.
I think he has been honest after every game.
Win, lose or draw.
Sack Dunn
Re: Sack Dunn
-
Barra Marra
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 780
- Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Aside from being there on Saturday (not jealous honest), I agree with this. I WANT him to do well (I imagine we all do, he does well, Barrow does well). The results, decisions, tactics etc. SO FAR haven't proved that he's the right man for the job. Between now and Xmas/new year I'd love to see him prove us all wrong, I really would. No team wants a change of management if they can help it.Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:52 pm FWIW I will be at the game Saturday and fully behind the team. Of course I want Dunn to succeed but I also want to ensure we get to watch us play EFL football when normality returns. I just don't, at this moment in time, see Dunn being the right man. I'd absolutely love for him to prove me wrong.
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you 
Re: Sack Dunn
IF those few last minute goals hadnt been conceded or those few individual errors which have cost us, we wouldn't be having this conversation...
We've played some great football at times just not quite had the final cutting edge as our main striker has missed a good d chunk of the season.
I don't think the tactics gave been that wrong.
Agree there's been a few games we've been poor, but that happens at all levels.
We've played some great football at times just not quite had the final cutting edge as our main striker has missed a good d chunk of the season.
I don't think the tactics gave been that wrong.
Agree there's been a few games we've been poor, but that happens at all levels.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Exactly! Some people seem to want him to come out with the clichés until, of course, he does when he'll then be 'advised' to 'get real'.saltcellar wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:58 pmHas David Dunn made any excuses after a match this season?Reginald wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:11 am
Of course people who go to the game will get behind the team.
There are 'always' twists and turns.
The fact remains this manager is to nice, he isn't up to it.
Of course we have 'some' good players but, overall, not good enough.
Salford were beaten in Cumbria last night.
We all know what's going to happen on Saturday-all the excuses under the sun after another defeat.
Act now before its too late.
I think he has been honest after every game.
Win, lose or draw.
Don't let the old man in.
-
John_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
If we’d have scored one of our chances at Morecambe everyone would have been saying it was a great backs to the wall performance. It’s such fine margins this season so far and I hope there’s an upturn soon.Big E wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:49 pm IF those few last minute goals hadnt been conceded or those few individual errors which have cost us, we wouldn't be having this conversation...
We've played some great football at times just not quite had the final cutting edge as our main striker has missed a good d chunk of the season.
I don't think the tactics gave been that wrong.
Agree there's been a few games we've been poor, but that happens at all levels.
Life is always better when it's better
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
If my auntie had a cock and balls she'd be my uncle. Fact is, we have conceded stupid goals etc and dropped several points because of them. Its the managers job to put a stop to that.Big E wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:49 pm IF those few last minute goals hadnt been conceded or those few individual errors which have cost us, we wouldn't be having this conversation...
We've played some great football at times just not quite had the final cutting edge as our main striker has missed a good d chunk of the season.
I don't think the tactics gave been that wrong.
Agree there's been a few games we've been poor, but that happens at all levels.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
if what your saying is true I'd like to see stats regarding shots on target etc I'm trying to be positive Ian but as you say Quigs has been out but why didn't Dunn see this and when he did he said he couldn't bring in a decent centre forward on our budget, to be honest I don't care at this moment in time how we play we need to start winning as for tactics well we play with wingbacks but don't press hard enough or get men in the box in numbers when we did this against Bolton & Walsall we looked really impressive but I think we lack the legs in midfield to do this , I hope Dunn turns it around but I'm trying to take sentiment out of this and analyse (along with others) what's needed because I I've done this doesn't make me or anyone else less a supporter infact sometimes I find it hard to sleep after a bad result!Big E wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:49 pm IF those few last minute goals hadnt been conceded or those few individual errors which have cost us, we wouldn't be having this conversation...
We've played some great football at times just not quite had the final cutting edge as our main striker has missed a good d chunk of the season.
I don't think the tactics gave been that wrong.
Agree there's been a few games we've been poor, but that happens at all levels.
Re: Sack Dunn
Agree the responsibility is his, but how do you account for silly individual errors? Can do all the prep in the world but won't help.Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:56 pmIf my auntie had a cock and balls she'd be my uncle. Fact is, we have conceded stupid goals etc and dropped several points because of them. Its the managers job to put a stop to that.Big E wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:49 pm IF those few last minute goals hadnt been conceded or those few individual errors which have cost us, we wouldn't be having this conversation...
We've played some great football at times just not quite had the final cutting edge as our main striker has missed a good d chunk of the season.
I don't think the tactics gave been that wrong.
Agree there's been a few games we've been poor, but that happens at all levels.
The harder you work the luckier yiu get, and there's no doubting the effort, we just need that rub of the green.
Let's hope lady luck picked her season ticket up this morning
-
Il Metronomo
- Member
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 am
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Relegated clubs tend to accumulate a host of bad luck stories throughout the season - just like ineffective managers tally them up over their shortened careers.
Teams that are well managed make fewer mistakes. It comes from being motivated, organised, disciplined and keeping their composure at crucial moments - like when defending a lead in injury time.
Teams that are well managed make fewer mistakes. It comes from being motivated, organised, disciplined and keeping their composure at crucial moments - like when defending a lead in injury time.
Re: Sack Dunn
Might need to explain that one. Is knitting beyond your experience? Very calming.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Sack Dunn
That's the way Quigley plays. He isn't a target man, he comes deep, he roams, he's all over the place trying to find an opportunity to burst clear, a real handful for defences.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:08 pm This season we are all over the place with forwards ending up in midfield like Reid did at times last night, Quigley has done in at least one home match and James often does.
In what little we have seen of him this season, he has played in much the same way as last.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Sack Dunn
We can all say, what if, at the end off the day we are 1 point above the drop zone.
2 wins is not good enough and we cannot afford to go back down.
Dunn needs to go, now.
2 wins is not good enough and we cannot afford to go back down.
Dunn needs to go, now.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
people are critised for having a go at Dunn but all the people that are defending him have got no evidence as to how he's going to turn this around , for a start I'd love to know how many teams in this league play with 3 at the back!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests