Sack Dunn
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
I very much doubt he is going anywhere any time soon. We did have chances today but I didn't think we played well. I dont like managers making excuses it's the same lines wheeled out all the time
I desperately want him to turn it around and be successful. Calling him names is abusive expressing an opinion about someone's ability constructively isn't.
.thsts the nature of the job
I desperately want him to turn it around and be successful. Calling him names is abusive expressing an opinion about someone's ability constructively isn't.
.thsts the nature of the job
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Not great is it
Re: Sack Dunn
The BOD appointing Dunn was the only mistake so far as they have done a exlempary job.
When you think our Chairman is a accountant there must be some reason he did not go through protocol ,maybe they were worried when Evatt left that we would be left struggling at the bottom of the league.I honestly think it was a genuine mistake.
My only hope is that when DD leaves Barrow, he opens a money lending business I will be first inline for a none secured loan .
Simon Grayson is helping out at Kendal as a favour and hopefully not here with a view to replace Dunn as his last club was Bradford in 2018 where he only managed 3 wins from 18.
I quite agree abuse is not acceptable ,sarcasm is needed.
When you think our Chairman is a accountant there must be some reason he did not go through protocol ,maybe they were worried when Evatt left that we would be left struggling at the bottom of the league.I honestly think it was a genuine mistake.
My only hope is that when DD leaves Barrow, he opens a money lending business I will be first inline for a none secured loan .
Simon Grayson is helping out at Kendal as a favour and hopefully not here with a view to replace Dunn as his last club was Bradford in 2018 where he only managed 3 wins from 18.
I quite agree abuse is not acceptable ,sarcasm is needed.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7130
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
but ultimately the most costliest mistake ever !Pedro wrote: ↑Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 am The BOD appointing Dunn was the only mistake so far as they have done a exlempary job.
When you think our Chairman is a accountant there must be some reason he did not go through protocol ,maybe they were worried when Evatt left that we would be left struggling at the bottom of the league.I honestly think it was a genuine mistake.
My only hope is that when DD leaves Barrow, he opens a money lending business I will be first inline for a none secured loan .
Simon Grayson is helping out at Kendal as a favour and hopefully not here with a view to replace Dunn as his last club was Bradford in 2018 where he only managed 3 wins from 18.
I quite agree abuse is not acceptable ,sarcasm is needed.
I like many others think that going down would not only be financially a disaster but put us back years in getting the fan base back again Ian Evatt saw this and whatever you think of him he "got it" ,our club has great potential but along with recruitment etc. we have managed to undue all that people keep saying we'll turn it around but we need to start scoring goals and I just can't see that happening believe me I wish I could!
Re: Sack Dunn
In the end we are a very worried fanbase. Unlike the other clubs around us in the league we know what non-league is like & really don't want to return there. Ask any Wrexham, Notts Co, Stockport, Chesterfield fan. DD says he has sleepless nights -I wake up depressed about our situation. Then I realise there are much worse things happening obviously. But its there at the back of your mind.
Re: Sack Dunn
Looking just at results its not great. Listening to DD and seeing the effort being put in, you want to back him to get it right. 30 games to go and it’s a massive call to make. However, it is a results game and last thing we want to have face is a scenario where we need two other teams to be worse than us.
Every board decision, planning, continued ground development, has to be geared up towards staying in this league.
Every board decision, planning, continued ground development, has to be geared up towards staying in this league.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7130
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
exactly, tough decisions needed, we can't live on "we'll turn it around " tables don't lie, as "Shanks" once said there's no room for sentiment in football, harsh but trueJonty wrote: ↑Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:11 am Looking just at results its not great. Listening to DD and seeing the effort being put in, you want to back him to get it right. 30 games to go and it’s a massive call to make. However, it is a results game and last thing we want to have face is a scenario where we need two other teams to be worse than us.
Every board decision, planning, continued ground development, has to be geared up towards staying in this league.
Re: Sack Dunn
Grayson is a good friend of DDs' and they speak regularly on the phone as he stated when he was on Quest as a pundit a few weeks ago.Sam Allardyce was on the same programme last night. Said after a two year break he was ready to return to the game. No chance of a Prem job - upset to many owners- but would relish the challenge of reviving a club in trouble. Just saying.
-
Barra Marra
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 780
- Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Yeah this is it. Whatever you think of his, or the players abilities to turn this around, personal abuse and name calling is pretty uncalled for. I hardly think David Dunn gets up each and plots to make bad calls and lose games. His ability may be in question, his tactics doubted, whatever. It's fine to voice opinions, Same with the players. that's football and we all have the club at heart with our opinions. But abuse isn't constructive or called for.
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you 
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
‘We need the ball to go in off someone’s backside’ DD
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
- +[ [[Kris]] ]+
- Member
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Sack Dunn for being unloyal - disloyal. And for joining in fun in a way that excludes his employer. And sack him for being an absolute idiot and inefficient.
This country
This country
How does it make you feel to know that you voted for this?
-
Bluebird_john
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Give it Cox til the end of the season.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Big_Bluebird, grammaroldboy, Thetopcat and 39 guests