Complete failure dunn proof was in his record we did nt need to take risks , stating he is bringing in players that the club had no chance is clueless again something that should have had the sirens in the owners heads. The owners have been top notch at everything else but could our scout not have listened to some off what dunn was saying and point out that we would struggle with his targets price of player he was after ect. You are very naive if you dont think that clubs in the football league dont have any football experience in there offices and backrooms. We need miracles too stay up imo how many times we ve played against 10 men and got nothing we need some high quality lads in which i just dont think we will get.Bombadel wrote: ↑Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:13 pmAlready been mentioned on here about owner Mark Hetheringtons football experience, but how many clubs nowadays do have owners with football experience? Surely that’s the whole point in appointing someone such as Dunn with well other 20 years experience under various top managers, just didn’t work out as expected.PerthBluebird wrote: ↑Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:56 pm
This gribbin nonsense the board have been made to look like fools by Dunn. Thinking he can bringing in better players than he could. Alarm bells should have rang there in the interview but we don't have a football experienced member on the board. They are great in many many other ways but truly had our kegs down. In the meantime we ve been left with what i would nt even see as sloppy seconds sloppy thirds. We ve just signed an extension on Taylor screams we are out off ideas. Hell the manager even has a contract that states if we go down he is off.
January Transfer window
-
PerthBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1373
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer window
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.
Re: January Transfer window
Perhaps Dunn didn't listen to the scouts or possibly Ogden if he's scouting for us. No evidence and only hearsay but I'm not sure Dunn took on board what Kelly had to say on a number of occasions. Kelly proved his worth when setting us to gain wins against Cheltenham & Port Vale after losing in the last minute to Sc United. In fact I thought defensively against Cheltenham we really did look like a unit. Hope Jolly & Kelly can work closely together and most importantly make the right decisions quickly.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer window
I'd say against Cheltenham the conditions favoured our defence because the conditions made good football difficult and helped us a lot , that day was about knuckling down and battling that day it worked but we still need a bit more than this !
Re: January Transfer window
I find it amusing when you suggest good football was difficult to play due to the conditions & that is why we won. Most of the team who played that day were the same team that played so well last season in both good & difficult conditions. Sure we need more than just battling that is more than evident - its a higher level of football and we've been found out at times. What it does point to, yet again, is having the correct manager that leads the team properly in order to survive League 2.
Re: January Transfer window
Hornby did explain the reasons for this clause and I think he said it was quite common at all levels of football these days.blue nige wrote: ↑Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:10 pm
as for jolleys contract just like you I haven't read it but I'd assume the get out clause is to help the club so if we did go down they could then decide whether to keep him or not , you're making out our board are not up to it, yes they made a massive mistake over Dunn but I'm so glad they're in charge and give them credit at least Hornby had the guts to admit their mistakes!
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer window
I meant against a good team like Cheltenham they couldn't deal with the conditions and it suited us that day , I think a lot of people on here are forgetting after Xmas as a team we struggled S a lot of teams sussed our style of play out and hand on heart I don't the would have won the league had we played it out but well never know!andyg wrote: ↑Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 pm I find it amusing when you suggest good football was difficult to play due to the conditions & that is why we won. Most of the team who played that day were the same team that played so well last season in both good & difficult conditions. Sure we need more than just battling that is more than evident - its a higher level of football and we've been found out at times. What it does point to, yet again, is having the correct manager that leads the team properly in order to survive League 2.
Re: January Transfer window
It's a well-known meteorological curiosity that the wind never blows in Gloucestershire...
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: January Transfer window
And it doesn't rain there either.
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer window
Thought we may have some names by now..... would have been good to get fresh blood in for a massive game against again this weekend.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
Re: January Transfer window
"Thought we may have some names by now." Hmmm, I was thinking the same!.mickycarrol wrote: ↑Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:55 pm Thought we may have some names by now..... would have been good to get fresh blood in for a massive game against again this weekend.
-
LewisBAFC1901
- Senior Member
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer window
I would hazard a guess that these 4/5 quality players have gone missing. If anyone sees any please return
Re: January Transfer window
PH said hopeful of one signing before Saturday, possibly two. You wouldn't expect other names to be released if still in negotiation. There was also the point made that often we can't complete a signing until their current club has signed someone else. Have a bit of patience.LewisBAFC1901 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:03 am I would hazard a guess that these 4/5 quality players have gone missing. If anyone sees any please return
Re: January Transfer window
I'm afraid time is not on our side , we're roughly half way through the season already.
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer window
A lot of opinions (and agreement) on here about what sort of players we need. Need to consider 1) whether a player is available 2) is he good enough to make a difference 3) how much he will cost 4) can we afford him 5) will he want to play in a struggling team 6) will he want to travel to Barrow (almost) every other week. ?
I have a concern about contracted players being available to us when considering the above. If they are good players (presumably currently doing well) there is an obvious question. Why would they want to move on now? Perhaps Jolley has a magical allure about him within football, and the right sort of player will want to play for him. There could be promising (but untested) youngsters who want to improve by playing in L2. The only other reason I can come up with is money. I have no idea whether by comparison to other teams we are minted, or paupers.
In short I see it as a difficulty to prise away the right sort of player at this time of the season. I hope I’m wrong.
I have a concern about contracted players being available to us when considering the above. If they are good players (presumably currently doing well) there is an obvious question. Why would they want to move on now? Perhaps Jolley has a magical allure about him within football, and the right sort of player will want to play for him. There could be promising (but untested) youngsters who want to improve by playing in L2. The only other reason I can come up with is money. I have no idea whether by comparison to other teams we are minted, or paupers.
In short I see it as a difficulty to prise away the right sort of player at this time of the season. I hope I’m wrong.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: January Transfer window
I’ve got a very sneaky feeling the BoDs and MJ will know this!
As Jim says, let’s have some patience. I’m sure all that can be done is being done.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: blue nige and 26 guests