Age 26, Versatile, has played CB, LB, HM Got L2 experience & has played for the gaffer before, Wouldn’t be a bad signing if there’s any truth to it.
Potential signings
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Played for Cooper manny months ago.
Re: Potential signings
Could it be that he's classed as under 24, so a small fee would need to be paid?Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:39 amIts an odd one. Carlisles own website and forum identifies that Zanzala was one of 5 players who had received offers but were out of contract. So its difficult to see why a fee of any kind would be paid to the club. But I have seen the "Undiclosed fee" referred to in a couple of places. I think it appeared on the BBC website and others may have picked it up from there. Because the BBC never lies.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 am I wonder why on the BBC Transfer news it shows Zanzala as an "Undisclosed" fee whereas Farman and White are shown as "Free"?
Or BBC just being wrong?
Re: Potential signings
Most assists in the league and in some of the L2 teams of the season - just because you haven't seen him at his best doesn't mean he isn't any good.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:39 amWhy? I've watched Carlisle several times and I can't say I've ever noticed him. Players like Twine and Sheehan at Newport stand out a mile when you watch them but none of Carlisle midfield players make that sort of impression. Certainly not a plyer I would be paying £100,000 to bring in when I've seen plenty just as good that you could get for free.PerthBluebird wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:22 am Bringing in Guy would be a massive statement off intent Imo.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Monthe is a monster. Don’t know about his fitness record but a beast when we’ve come up against him at TR or FGR
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
I didn't say he wasn't any good. I said I hadn't seen anything that would tempt me to pay £100,000 for him. If I was paying that sort of money for an EFL 2 player I would expect that player to stand out at EFL 2 level. Maybe, I've been unlucky in the half dozen matches I've seen him play for Carlisle. He is young and has a decent record at Carlisle plus played 17 times at Blackpool in a higher level so could be decent.Moribund wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:35 pmMost assists in the league and in some of the L2 teams of the season - just because you haven't seen him at his best doesn't mean he isn't any good.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:39 am Why? I've watched Carlisle several times and I can't say I've ever noticed him. Players like Twine and Sheehan at Newport stand out a mile when you watch them but none of Carlisle midfield players make that sort of impression. Certainly not a plyer I would be paying £100,000 to bring in when I've seen plenty just as good that you could get for free.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Still think we need a forward/ midfielder to chip in with some goals!
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
100% this…..But the vibes the gaffer is putting out is that we will be more aggressive & on the front foot more & the likes of Kay should have way less defensive work to do so should be free to score more goals in the new system & if the gaffer can coach the likes of James..To play with his head up more & pull the trigger sooner & more often he should also chip in with more goals.
Quiggs & Zanzarla could end up being nasty for the Oppo.
-
Broughton Fan
- Senior Member
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Manny Monthe on Twitter thanking everyone at Tranmere for everything they have done for him so looks like he is leaving and possibly joining up with Cooper again.Didn’t have the best of games against us at Preston Park but has played well against us in the past,a left footed central defender that plays on the left side and at 6ft 4 is going to be good in both boxes
Re: Potential signings
Bradford seem keen on Cook but it's not happened yet ,imagine Cook,Quigley and Zanzala and a decent mid field player .
Re: Potential signings
Chris Stokes,FGR captain last season and a player I thought Cooper may have had an interest in has joined Kilmarnock.
Re: Potential signings
Interesting move for the lad. Plastic pitch, Championship in Scotland (league below the SPL) and a team who are by no means guaranteed to be in the promotion frame.
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Monthe is going to Plymouth Argyle.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Potential signings
Alex Kenyon released by Morecambe could be one we are interested in - 20 appearances for them last season - described as "someone who adds a bit of steel to the team" - so obviously gets stuck in. 6'0" tall and 28 (29 in July) - started off at Lancaster and the furthest south team he has ever played for was Stockport - so likely to stay in the North West.
Lancashire;- born and bred
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests