Carlisle v Barrow match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
Locked
HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by HenneysKnee » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:37 pm

russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:11 pm I haven't enjoyed a Barrow match since he left
Really?

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by Jim » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:57 pm

HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:37 pm
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:11 pm I haven't enjoyed a Barrow match since he left
Really?
I don't think any of us enjoyed the games last season, as all but 2 (or 3) were played without a crowd. There have been one or two decent matches to watch this season, though nothing quite like the win at Notts County!

MilnthorpeBlue
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by MilnthorpeBlue » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:32 pm

mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:35 pm
Barra Marra wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:51 pm

Who has more authority in the ground? Our website or your stewards? They all said it was none allocated seating. Are we to ignore the stewards if they ask someone to leave as well? Sounds like someone just trying defend a shoddy handling of the situation. Not one of those stewards were remotely interested in resolving the situation. Why not direct people to the empty seats that you're certain there were so many of? Why keep telling people to sit anywhere instead of directing them further along? Couldn't see many empty seats from where we were (and yes, me and my young son were seated and not part of the scrum). Perhaps some helpful steward could've pointed them out. Why did they also have to remove netting off seats if they hadn't oversold?
Youre a football League club (for now) act like one.
Bravo 👏
There were seats at the front and scattered around the section, the nets were removed because supporters didn't realise this and were walking around aimlessly. i must repeat, which part of 'allocated seating' can't you comprehend? If you can't grasp that one simple instruction then you will rapidly become the laughing stock of the league. You've got the cheek to label your hierarchy as 'tinpot', you, the supporters ,really need to take a good look in the mirror. It's painfully obvious you rarely travel in large numbers, otherwise you would readily understand why 'allocated seating' means 'allocated seating'. Oh, and I repeat, there's never been a problem previously, however, reading some of your posts I understand why there was on this occasion.

Barra Marra
Bronze Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by Barra Marra » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 pm

MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:32 pm
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Bravo 👏
There were seats at the front and scattered around the section, the nets were removed because supporters didn't realise this and were walking around aimlessly. i must repeat, which part of 'allocated seating' can't you comprehend? If you can't grasp that one simple instruction then you will rapidly become the laughing stock of the league. You've got the cheek to label your hierarchy as 'tinpot', you, the supporters ,really need to take a good look in the mirror. It's painfully obvious you rarely travel in large numbers, otherwise you would readily understand why 'allocated seating' means 'allocated seating'. Oh, and I repeat, there's never been a problem previously, however, reading some of your posts I understand why there was on this occasion.
:lol: repeat all you like my good man. It's seems the people in authority throughout your ground didn't get the memo. Your staff said to sit anywhere as there was no allocated seating. I repeat, your staff said to sit anywhere. Care to explain why, when someone near me, asked the staff to do something about people stood in walkways and exits, they were told "we can't, there aren't anymore seats?". And yes, clearly it's our fault about the netting :roll: it's not like those seats could've been used to begin with instead of waiting for it to fill up eh?
A minority of fans' behaviour was absolutely moronic, I admit, but aren't stewards and the 4 million coppers that seemed to be there supposed to deal with that? None of them were particularly helpful or interested, and from what you're saying, that you've helpfully repeated over and over, they've actually lied to us all on the day.
Off to look in the mirror now, I suggest you get yourself a Horlicks and start studying national League opposition. Less restrictive seating regs in that league. Your stewards should be able to handle that.
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you :scarf:

Desmond2-2
Silver Member
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by Desmond2-2 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:51 pm

mall wrote: ↑ To be fair, all Zanzala had yesterday was long balls up to him yet he still nearly managed to score. I thought he was a real handfull for them in the first half.
“ yet he still nearly managed to score” sorry mail that is embarrassing. Zanzalas hold up play, was shocking, his passing and lay offs were even worse. If we are relying on him to keep us in a safe position this season, then I’m concerned. I’ve said from day 1, we need a striker, with height and strength, who knows where the net is. If we don’t get anyone in January, I fear the worst. Hornby, pull your [SwearFilter] finger out.

MilnthorpeBlue
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by MilnthorpeBlue » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Barra Marra wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 pm
MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:32 pm

There were seats at the front and scattered around the section, the nets were removed because supporters didn't realise this and were walking around aimlessly. i must repeat, which part of 'allocated seating' can't you comprehend? If you can't grasp that one simple instruction then you will rapidly become the laughing stock of the league. You've got the cheek to label your hierarchy as 'tinpot', you, the supporters ,really need to take a good look in the mirror. It's painfully obvious you rarely travel in large numbers, otherwise you would readily understand why 'allocated seating' means 'allocated seating'. Oh, and I repeat, there's never been a problem previously, however, reading some of your posts I understand why there was on this occasion.
:lol: repeat all you like my good man. It's seems the people in authority throughout your ground didn't get the memo. Your staff said to sit anywhere as there was no allocated seating. I repeat, your staff said to sit anywhere. Care to explain why, when someone near me, asked the staff to do something about people stood in walkways and exits, they were told "we can't, there aren't anymore seats?". And yes, clearly it's our fault about the netting :roll: it's not like those seats could've been used to begin with instead of waiting for it to fill up eh?
A minority of fans' behaviour was absolutely moronic, I admit, but aren't stewards and the 4 million coppers that seemed to be there supposed to deal with that? None of them were particularly helpful or interested, and from what you're saying, that you've helpfully repeated over and over, they've actually lied to us all on the day.
Off to look in the mirror now, I suggest you get yourself a Horlicks and start studying national League opposition. Less restrictive seating regs in that league. Your stewards should be able to handle that.
You bought tickets with the understanding it was allocated seating FFS. You buy your ticket, travel to the ground and sit in your seat, that's how it works. At no time did the stewards need to come into the equation, sit in your seat and everything's hunky dory.
And yet you still can't explain which part of 'allocated seating' you don't understand, I'm embarrassed for you, 'my good man'.

MilnthorpeBlue
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by MilnthorpeBlue » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:18 am

Just for good measure, would you buy a ticket for Old Trafford, Anfield, even Wembley and ask a steward if it was allocated seating, no chance. Before you say 'there's a big difference', no there isn't, it was near capacity and so the same rules apply. I can't believe I'm having to hammer this point home. Obviously none of you chaps frequent the theatre or music gigs or even live in the modern world.

DIXIE
Veteran Member
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:59 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by DIXIE » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:11 am

For me Carlisle were poor and that is 2 points dropped. The police presence was way over the top, anyone know who actually gets the bill for that?

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by Lowtower » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:37 am

MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:18 am Just for good measure, would you buy a ticket for Old Trafford, Anfield, even Wembley and ask a steward if it was allocated seating, no chance. Before you say 'there's a big difference', no there isn't, it was near capacity and so the same rules apply. I can't believe I'm having to hammer this point home. Obviously none of you chaps frequent the theatre or music gigs or even live in the modern world.
Marra, Some of our lads couldn’t fathom out where the toilets were and you’re asking if we occasionally pop down the London Coliseum for a serving of The Phantom of the Opera ?

User avatar
Bigfathoss
Platinum Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by Bigfathoss » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:49 am

MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 pm
You bought tickets with the understanding it was allocated seating FFS. You buy your ticket, travel to the ground and sit in your seat, that's how it works. At no time did the stewards need to come into the equation, sit in your seat and everything's hunky dory.
And yet you still can't explain which part of 'allocated seating' you don't understand, I'm embarrassed for you, 'my good man'.
When I got there at just before 12 I questioned one pair of stewards. They said 'sit where you like'. I told them that the Barrow website said differently and that telling people this would be causing problems when the more boisterous element got there. One (he) groaned and said 'Oh, don't tell me that'.
A few minutes later I checked with another pair of stewards and they maintained that stance of ''sit where you like'. In the end, I sat where my allocated seating was (I was merely asking for directions) as I said I was going to do.
It seems that the clowns are in charge of your particular circus if even this simple instruction was not being 'hammered home' to the stewards.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.

Barra Marra
Bronze Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by Barra Marra » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:53 am

MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:18 am Just for good measure, would you buy a ticket for Old Trafford, Anfield, even Wembley and ask a steward if it was allocated seating, no chance. Before you say 'there's a big difference', no there isn't, it was near capacity and so the same rules apply. I can't believe I'm having to hammer this point home. Obviously none of you chaps frequent the theatre or music gigs or even live in the modern world.
I asked where my seat was and was told sit anywhere. Stop trying to defend a shoddy effort by the staff at the your ground. At the very least, your clubs staff have contributed to the situation.
FYI, at a music gig, or the theatre, the staff don't tell you the exact opposite of what it states in the terms of entry. I admire your blind defence of your clubs handling of it but again, if officials tell you something, you can usually assume it's correct. Or are we to ignore all authority in grounds from now on? It was obvious what would happen when two thirds of the allocated seating have a wonderful view directly over an empty terrace. Where my seat should have been was in an already full section due to people being told to sit wherever. Even Fylde managed better :roll:
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you :scarf:

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by Kieran » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:59 am

MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:18 am Just for good measure, would you buy a ticket for Old Trafford, Anfield, even Wembley and ask a steward if it was allocated seating
Yes, of sorts.

I have never asked a steward but have been in several away followings significantly larger than ours on Saturday where it has been sit where you want. Sometimes because tickets are sold that way, sometimes because supporters choose to do that. On the odd occasion where someone actually wants to sit in "their" seat then people move with the majority being entirely not arsed.

It's nothing to do with being in a higher league now. I've been to countless games at the highest level where this has happened and it is common place amongst large away followings.

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by mall » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:36 am

Kieran wrote: ↑Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:59 am
MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:18 am Just for good measure, would you buy a ticket for Old Trafford, Anfield, even Wembley and ask a steward if it was allocated seating
Yes, of sorts.

I have never asked a steward but have been in several away followings significantly larger than ours on Saturday where it has been sit where you want. Sometimes because tickets are sold that way, sometimes because supporters choose to do that. On the odd occasion where someone actually wants to sit in "their" seat then people move with the majority being entirely not arsed.

It's nothing to do with being in a higher league now. I've been to countless games at the highest level where this has happened and it is common place amongst large away followings.
Spot on their Kieran-.
This MilnthorpeBlue person is one of a number of people who cant stand the fact that Barrow are in efl2,and that's all it boils down to.

blumooncrab
Silver Member
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by blumooncrab » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 am

The stewarding was a joke. Given the cryptic nature of the Carlisle ticket, I asked a steward where my seat was to be told, ‘sit anywhere you like’ which was impossible given the stand was already quite full. Had I and others been guided to the allocated seats I would have sat there but that too was impractical at that point given those already seated would be unlikely to move without causing massive disruption.

Once you allow so many to sit ‘where they like’, in a busy stand , with a restricted view (resulting in most trying get as good a view as possible), you have lost control. It was chaos. I will, so far as Carlisle are concerned, no longer be embarrassed by the poor facilities we provide for away fans at HS. Worst of it is Brunton Park, unlike HS, is a big ground with plenty of capacity to enable away fans to have a comparatively good seat & viewing experience. Clearly, Carlisle United’s owners are not bothered about that. As a result, next season, if both clubs are in L2 , I doubt quite as many of us would care to repeat the experience.

jaycarter
Senior Member
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle v Barrow match thread

Post by jaycarter » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:23 pm

MilnthorpeBlue wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:47 pm Just for the record, from the west stand it was clear that there were plenty of available seats in the away section, the problem lay with the Barrow fans, who couldn't quite work out that it was allocated seating, as your own club pointed out. You need to get into the real world and understand that if all available tickets are sold then it's obvious you sit on the seat corresponding to your ticket, otherwise problems arise. You need to get to grips with the fact you are now a football league side and act with some responsibility. As for the poster who thinks it's the worst ground he's been to this season, I'm guessing you don't travel far, especially down the road to Holker St, a sixth tier ground at best.
That's total nonsense at least half of the seats allocated looked on to what would have been at one time terracing behind the goals, why did they not sell some of the seats that were blocked off, Carlisle should stop selling those tickets, regarding sitting in the seats allocated it would have caused more problems disturbing people to get to a particular seat, to me it made sense to just sit where you could, so your comment about getting a grip backfires Carlisle were at fault for selling these seats people will always try to get the best seat possible, I have travelled to every away game but one, we know our ground needs developing but give the club a chance we have been out of the E.F.L. for 48 years it will take some time to catch up, it was the worst ground I have been to for these reasons I stated above and I would guess your main stand opposite to away fans will need some updating soon.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest