Players we might be interested in....

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by mall » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:09 pm

And there's me thinking we were on a roll !.

Gazza
Veteran Member
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:09 am
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by Gazza » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:35 pm

mall wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:09 pm And there's me thinking we were on a roll !.
😆🤣 Wish people would be more serious on here and stop loafing around

JammyBluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by JammyBluebird » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:49 pm

Alex Newby has signed for Colchester for those who were throwing his name around

Bradders
Senior Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by Bradders » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 pm

JammyBluebird wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:49 pm Alex Newby has signed for Colchester for those who were throwing his name around
Good move for him I do wish we’d held on to the newbys though.

Robwez10
Senior Member
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:33 am
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by Robwez10 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:08 pm

Not released but Andy Cook being linked with us by Bradford accounts on Twitter

WillBAFC
Senior Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by WillBAFC » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:14 pm

Feel like I’m in a minority here, but I feel we could be looking at players besides Cook. 12 goals year, which is better than any of our awful strikers from last year, but 3 of them were in 1 game against a poor Stevenage side.

User avatar
BarrowLad71
Veteran Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by BarrowLad71 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 pm

WillBAFC wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:14 pm Feel like I’m in a minority here, but I feel we could be looking at players besides Cook. 12 goals year, which is better than any of our awful strikers from last year, but 3 of them were in 1 game against a poor Stevenage side.
That poor in 180 minutes of football against them we didn’t score a goal this season

bhbb
Senior Member
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:28 am
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by bhbb » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:10 pm

Don’t care what anyone says cookie is still one of the most effective strikers in this league. Bradford fans commenting on how fit he is looking in the off season so can only see this being good for us

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3434
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by bluessupporter » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:59 pm

BarrowLad71 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 pm
WillBAFC wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:14 pm Feel like I’m in a minority here, but I feel we could be looking at players besides Cook. 12 goals year, which is better than any of our awful strikers from last year, but 3 of them were in 1 game against a poor Stevenage side.
That poor in 180 minutes of football against them we didn’t score a goal this season
I think a previous post said they were the only side we failed to score against over 180 minutes last season.

User avatar
Van Der Nipper
Platinum Member
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by Van Der Nipper » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:04 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:59 pm
BarrowLad71 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 pm

That poor in 180 minutes of football against them we didn’t score a goal this season
I think a previous post said they were the only side we failed to score against over 180 minutes last season.
And Crawley.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8345
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Anthony Glennon has signed for Grimsby after his release from Burnley

AugustusCorpa
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by AugustusCorpa » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 pm

HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:11 pm Anthony Glennon has signed for Grimsby after his release from Burnley
Grimsby fans are wetting themselves. I didn’t think he was that great. He looked pretty ordinary to me. Am I wrong?

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by MisterPleasant » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pm

AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 pm
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:11 pm Anthony Glennon has signed for Grimsby after his release from Burnley
Grimsby fans are wetting themselves. I didn’t think he was that great. He looked pretty ordinary to me. Am I wrong?
He'd been at Grimsby once before. I thought he was pretty good, could stick a good ball into the box for someone like Bennett. I'd have welcomed him back.
Don't let the old man in.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pm

MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pm
AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 pm

Grimsby fans are wetting themselves. I didn’t think he was that great. He looked pretty ordinary to me. Am I wrong?
He'd been at Grimsby once before. I thought he was pretty good, could stick a good ball into the box for someone like Bennett. I'd have welcomed him back.
Glennon started off well but a few rash tackles resulted in some unnecessary bookings. At home to Port vale he was badly found out defensively and an absolute nightmare. After being subbed in that game I don’t think he started a game for the remainder of the season. Personally i wouldn’t want him back

Hitthebar22
Silver Member
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:

Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....

Post by Hitthebar22 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pm
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pm
He'd been at Grimsby once before. I thought he was pretty good, could stick a good ball into the box for someone like Bennett. I'd have welcomed him back.
Glennon started off well but a few rash tackles resulted in some unnecessary bookings. At home to Port vale he was badly found out defensively and an absolute nightmare. After being subbed in that game I don’t think he started a game for the remainder of the season. Personally i wouldn’t want him back
Could definitely take a good dead ball. Didn’t do anything in attack (c/f Brough or Hutton), and was way out of position too often defensively. Think his confidence dipped as the season went on as well.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests