There's always clouds even on the sunniest of days! Enjoy the sunshine Bingo as the clouds will soon drift byBingo wrote:Good to win - we weren't great
We have a few knob head fans tho it's got to be said
Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
All about results now, 9 to go and we looked solid enough as we ground it out. Thought Danny Livesey had a good game and Andy Burns.
Great away support- you can feel the momentum building...We do need a big crowd next week and to try and improve the flat atmosphere at home, get over the line.
Never walking it from the station again, phew!
Great away support- you can feel the momentum building...We do need a big crowd next week and to try and improve the flat atmosphere at home, get over the line.
Never walking it from the station again, phew!
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8351
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Great win that. Just got to take it game by game and keep picking up wins
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Thought we looked pretty solid throughout, when they did get a half chance they didn't have the quality to do much with it. Having said that we did start to sit a bit too deep for my liking, which coincided with a lot of their half chances I mentioned.
Up front, Cooky was busy chasing down everything, he must be a nightmare to play against. We could've/should've had two when Guy (I think) headed back across goal which beat their sub keeper (the smallest keeper I've ever seen) and the defender but slowly bobbled across the goal mouth and out for a goal kick. Really important that we got the three points which we obviously did, even without being too impressive but I'll happily take that from the next nine games.
I also thought Stalybridge did try and make a game of it without doing anything special, I'd like them to stop up.
Great support & good atmosphere both in the clubhouse and ground. Good to see a lad who I haven't seen for about ten years and isn't really a supporter but went to the game as he lives in the area.....I suppose that shows the club is now catching the imagination of people.
Up front, Cooky was busy chasing down everything, he must be a nightmare to play against. We could've/should've had two when Guy (I think) headed back across goal which beat their sub keeper (the smallest keeper I've ever seen) and the defender but slowly bobbled across the goal mouth and out for a goal kick. Really important that we got the three points which we obviously did, even without being too impressive but I'll happily take that from the next nine games.
I also thought Stalybridge did try and make a game of it without doing anything special, I'd like them to stop up.
Great support & good atmosphere both in the clubhouse and ground. Good to see a lad who I haven't seen for about ten years and isn't really a supporter but went to the game as he lives in the area.....I suppose that shows the club is now catching the imagination of people.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
At least it was downhill going back !barrowaberdeen wrote:
Never walking it from the station again, phew!
Don't know where 'Stalyvegas' comes from it was more like Desolation Row (Bob Dylan song to you younger ones).
Good to see Philmac there and movie star fame not affected him !
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
+100barrowaberdeen wrote:
Never walking it from the station again, phew!
Think of the weight loss though steve
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Somewhat offset by 5 plates in Hot Wordl Buffet and a Full English this morning at the hotel.
Cycling
to and from work some of next week though.
Nice old ground I thought.
Cycling
Nice old ground I thought.
-
patrickstarfish
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:50 pm
- Location: Republic of Mancunia
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
??? Care to expand...Bingo wrote:Good to win - we weren't great
We have a few knob head fans tho it's got to be said
What would Jesus do?
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
3 wins out of 3 away. No goals conceded, can't ask for more than that.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- Bigfathoss
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2767
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Any estimates of travelling attendance??
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3510
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8194
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Hmm... 350ish?Bigfathoss wrote:Any estimates of travelling attendance??
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Thought we played ok, another excellent win ground out. Think we need to use the ball more, 9 times out of 10 we bypass midfield, choosing to launch it forward then simply pass it to Lacey/ARH.
Lacey had a very good game IMO, was good on the ball and got very stuck in, worth his place in the team.
Guy had a good game too, tidy player, great to have so many attacking options, IF we were to go up, i dont think we will need to worry about strengthening up top too much.
Cowps did a decent job at left back, I dont think he looks too comfortable there and can sometimes look like he wants rid of the ball, solid performance all in all though.
Thought the fans were relatively well behaved from what I saw, comes with the territory of success, more fans coming to see us win and in some instances more people just out for a drink and to get rowdy.
Lacey had a very good game IMO, was good on the ball and got very stuck in, worth his place in the team.
Guy had a good game too, tidy player, great to have so many attacking options, IF we were to go up, i dont think we will need to worry about strengthening up top too much.
Cowps did a decent job at left back, I dont think he looks too comfortable there and can sometimes look like he wants rid of the ball, solid performance all in all though.
Thought the fans were relatively well behaved from what I saw, comes with the territory of success, more fans coming to see us win and in some instances more people just out for a drink and to get rowdy.
Bish=God
-
Jo am back
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Did you watch the same game I watched ?Steeley wrote:Thought we played ok, another excellent win ground out. Think we need to use the ball more, 9 times out of 10 we bypass midfield, choosing to launch it forward then simply pass it to Lacey/ARH.
Lacey had a very good game IMO, was good on the ball and got very stuck in, worth his place in the team.
Guy had a good game too, tidy player, great to have so many attacking options, IF we were to go up, i dont think we will need to worry about strengthening up top too much.
Cowps did a decent job at left back, I dont think he looks too comfortable there and can sometimes look like he wants rid of the ball, solid performance all in all though.
Thought the fans were relatively well behaved from what I saw, comes with the territory of success, more fans coming to see us win and in some instances more people just out for a drink and to get rowdy.
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Stalybridge Celtic V Barrow AFC - Match Thread
Probably like.Jo am back wrote:Did you watch the same game I watched ?Steeley wrote:Thought we played ok, another excellent win ground out. Think we need to use the ball more, 9 times out of 10 we bypass midfield, choosing to launch it forward then simply pass it to Lacey/ARH.
Lacey had a very good game IMO, was good on the ball and got very stuck in, worth his place in the team.
Guy had a good game too, tidy player, great to have so many attacking options, IF we were to go up, i dont think we will need to worry about strengthening up top too much.
Cowps did a decent job at left back, I dont think he looks too comfortable there and can sometimes look like he wants rid of the ball, solid performance all in all though.
Thought the fans were relatively well behaved from what I saw, comes with the territory of success, more fans coming to see us win and in some instances more people just out for a drink and to get rowdy.
Bish=God
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: blue nige, John_Bucks, olbarrafancumbak, rich bt, Sash591 and 59 guests