Page 89 of 299

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 pm
by Barrowabc
ruins wrote:Would a boxing ring in the x bar be viable?
Yes please would be like home from home ;)
Can someone post on here times for tomo night pls
Need to get there see everyone and work

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 pm
by mrsenario
Don't think I,ll be down tonight Tommy as on holiday...reverting back to sundays and the odd tuesday

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 pm
by spirit of 1990
I won't be there either Tommy, going to game tonight :D

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 am
by Holkerbird
Anyone opening up today as the litter hasn't been picked up yet? I need to get that done before sorting out the clubhouse ready for tomorrow's game.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:11 am
by spirit of 1990
Holkerbird wrote:Anyone opening up today as the litter hasn't been picked up yet? I need to get that done before sorting out the clubhouse ready for tomorrow's game.
Not me today Elaine.

Need to see a few more faces next week or we'll be back to the normal three/four/five.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:02 pm
by Holkerbird
A bit late that Ian, I had already done two hours by that time. Where you having a lie in?
John McKay, barrowabc and myself turned up today. However John had to take Tommy home as he took ill. Hope he is ok cos he didn't look too good.
Les was there of course doing the washing.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:37 pm
by Nigel Bamford
Ian, I've got some decent pieces of scrap metal I can bring down tomorrow. I'll DM you for a drop off point.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 pm
by The rattle
Credit to all the volunteers who have spent their time improving the ground over the close season, it looked really good last night.
Well done!
I read earier in the thread that the yellow markings behind the cross bar goal were to be removed and perspex putting up at the cage area.
Is there still plans to carry out this work or has this been stopped by the safety officer / board?

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm
by Holkerbird
Stopped by the safety officer as far as I know.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm
by spirit of 1990
The rattle wrote:I read earier in the thread that the yellow markings behind the cross bar goal were to be removed and perspex putting up at the cage area.
Is there still plans to carry out this work or has this been stopped by the safety officer / board?
As Elaine say's, more to do with the dreaded, OTT, world gone mad H&S guidelines than anything else.

Mike Forsyth is looking into what we can or can't do regarding that area.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 pm
by barrowfan
Must say the work done shows up well on this Evening Mail picture:

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/news/bayli ... -1.1080462

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 pm
by spirit of 1990
barrowfan wrote:Must say the work done shows up well on this Evening Mail picture:

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/afc/news/bayli ... -1.1080462
And the photographer managed to get Myself, Trants, Whitty 1964 & Mrssenorita in as well :D

You'd have thought we planned it!

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:49 pm
by Barrowabc
When's next time anyone's at ground to work sun ? Or before ?
As have plastering in shop to do and other bits n bobs

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 pm
by Richard Ingham
Tommy, forget that mate, get yourself right. I hear you were in a bad way on Sunday.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:06 pm
by Barrowabc
I'm feeling ok mate, things need doing and need to get out
Of this house feels like a prison at the moment :shock: