Page 90 of 299

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:36 pm
by spirit of 1990
Looking at getting down there this Sunday Tommy, don't push yourself if your not right though mate.

For anyone else who can spare a few hours, we'll be there from 9:00am, weather dependant of course. I'll put a post up on here on Saturday if it's on or not.

Jobs include -

General tidy up.
Painting (including first aid room if Klaus Moogintal can make it)
Signs to go up :o (hopefully)
Work on turnstiles.
Plastering.
Ongoing work in the GMA (Ian white van joiner, wood has been delivered for workshop floor if you can make it)
Picking up the new gates for the pop side (Ian red van joiner, any sign of the transport for this?)
Carrying on with the modules for the home changing room.
Drilling off the tops of the cladding to make that secure.

All sorts of stuff for any one willing to put in an hour or two.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:03 pm
by Richard Ingham
Ian,

I have some scrap to bring you, is there somewhere I can leave it on Friday night?

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 pm
by corner 91
Richard Ingham wrote:Ian,

I have some scrap to bring you, is there somewhere I can leave it on Friday night?
Your car is not that bad...

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:35 pm
by Uncle Peter
corner 91 wrote:Your car is not that bad...
1801096-badum_tish_super.jpg
1801096-badum_tish_super.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 pm
by spirit of 1990
Richard Ingham wrote:Ian,

I have some scrap to bring you, is there somewhere I can leave it on Friday night?
How much Richard? If it'll fit in my car boot you could drop it off at my house (I'll put it with Nigels scrap & take it to the ground on Sunday)

As I said to Nigel, my drive is the opposite to everyone else's - I get up in the morning & there's scrap metal there, normally the Gypo's remove it from everyone else's :)

My wife just looks at it & tells me there's more there!

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 pm
by Barrowabc
spirit of 1990 wrote:Looking at getting down there this Sunday Tommy, don't push yourself if your not right though mate.

For anyone else who can spare a few hours, we'll be there from 9:00am, weather dependant of course. I'll put a post up on here on Saturday if it's on or not.

Jobs include -

General tidy up.
Painting (including first aid room if Klaus Moogintal can make it)
Signs to go up :o (hopefully)
Work on turnstiles.
Plastering.
Ongoing work in the GMA (Ian white van joiner, wood has been delivered for workshop floor if you can make it)
Picking up the new gates for the pop side (Ian red van joiner, any sign of the transport for this?)
Carrying on with the modules for the home changing room.
Drilling off the tops of the cladding to make that secure.

All sorts of stuff for any one willing to put in an hour or two.
I'll be there Sunday to do plastering ;)

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 pm
by Richard Ingham
spirit of 1990 wrote:
Richard Ingham wrote:Ian,

I have some scrap to bring you, is there somewhere I can leave it on Friday night?
How much Richard? If it'll fit in my car boot you could drop it off at my house (I'll put it with Nigels scrap & take it to the ground on Sunday)

As I said to Nigel, my drive is the opposite to everyone else's - I get up in the morning & there's scrap metal there, normally the Gypo's remove it from everyone else's :)

My wife just looks at it & tells me there's more there!
A dismantled old patio heater and a few other small bits and bobs. If it fits in my Fiesta you should have no bother. I'll drop it round on my way to the AGM then, cheers.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 am
by Holkerbird
Next Sunday (1 September), sees some of the Barrow age group teams play
friendlies at Holker Street. The U12s will take on Wattsfield (10.30am
kick-off); the U15s play FC Rangers (12.30pm) and the U16s play Carnforth
Rangers (3pm). These are the first in a number of fixtures that all of the
age groups will be playing in the coming months.

We will have to work round these people but it will be interesting to see what talent there is in the up and coming youth. I don't expect I will get much cleaning up done once the games start---I am too easily distracted and enjoy these games.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:07 pm
by spirit of 1990
spirit of 1990 wrote:Picking up the new gates for the pop side (Ian red van joiner, any sign of the transport for this?)
The transport for this is now sorted but we'll really need at least four people to help lift & position them. If anyone can help with that you can jump in my car & we'll follow Ian (red van joiner) up to Askam to do the loading.

We wont be able to do it without help so if you can spare an hour or two we'll be setting off from the ground at 9:15am
Can you knock a post up or PM me if you can help with this?

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:39 am
by spirit of 1990
spirit of 1990 wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:Picking up the new gates for the pop side (Ian red van joiner, any sign of the transport for this?)
The transport for this is now sorted but we'll really need at least four people to help lift & position them. If anyone can help with that you can jump in my car & we'll follow Ian (red van joiner) up to Askam to do the loading.

We wont be able to do it without help so if you can spare an hour or two we'll be setting off from the ground at 9:15am
Can you knock a post up or PM me if you can help with this?
Still after a few people for the above.

I don't know how far Wintergreen got yesterday but he was at the ground trying to sort out Elaines water problem (so to speak :) ) so hopefully that'll solve that one, another ticked off, thanks Gary.

Elaine also showed me where she thinks the water might be coming into the home changing rooms, so we'll have a look at that tomorrow if we get time.

I haven't been there during the week but I think Ryan & Graham have been down there painting for a few day's.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:48 pm
by Barrowabc
spirit of 1990 wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote: The transport for this is now sorted but we'll really need at least four people to help lift & position them. If anyone can help with that you can jump in my car & we'll follow Ian (red van joiner) up to Askam to do the loading.

We wont be able to do it without help so if you can spare an hour or two we'll be setting off from the ground at 9:15am
Can you knock a post up or PM me if you can help with this?
Still after a few people for the above.

I don't know how far Wintergreen got yesterday but he was at the ground trying to sort out Elaines water problem (so to speak :) ) so hopefully that'll solve that one, another ticked off, thanks Gary.

Elaine also showed me where she thinks the water might be coming into the home changing rooms, so we'll have a look at that tomorrow if we get time.

I haven't been there during the week but I think Ryan & Graham have been down there painting for a few day's.
If everyone turns up who said last night would that do ?

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 pm
by spirit of 1990
Barrowabc wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote: Still after a few people for the above.

I don't know how far Wintergreen got yesterday but he was at the ground trying to sort out Elaines water problem (so to speak :) ) so hopefully that'll solve that one, another ticked off, thanks Gary.

Yeah that'll do Tommy, just trying to give it a bump up the page by reminding everyone.

Also got the scrap bloke coming around at 11:00 tomorrow....get a bit more coin in the kitty.

Elaine also showed me where she thinks the water might be coming into the home changing rooms, so we'll have a look at that tomorrow if we get time.

I haven't been there during the week but I think Ryan & Graham have been down there painting for a few day's.
If everyone turns up who said last night would that do ?
Should do Tommy, can't afford not to have people there though as all the transport is arranged & matey-boy will be meeting us in Askam.

Scrap man will coming to the ground at 11:00 as well, should put a bit more coin in the kitty :D

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:10 pm
by capman
How much is in the kitty now Ian

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:49 pm
by spirit of 1990
capman wrote:How much is in the kitty now Ian
PM'd you bud.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:14 pm
by observer 1979
Ian I have an old fridge if any good for scrap. Also an old bike and a garden swing. This is good enough to sell possibly. Could they be picked up from Rakesmoor Lane.
Dave.