Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next season
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Hurst Skelton Boyes, clear the rest out.
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
LACK of effort on Tuesday, well that really narrows it down.Van Der Nipper wrote:Further to what Popsider says,i heard today a player has already verbally agreed a deal with a club and had a bust-up on Tuesday over his lack of effort.
Hurst would be great but may not stay as he has took some public stick from Bayliss and was late to sign this season.
Pearson, can't really see him going anywhere else at present.
Skelts is nailed on to stay (I hope)
Hessey's ball distribution to decent wide men could be useful
Hunter at R.Back as I guess our resident ex columist will be shown the door (although I think he may be ok in BSN)
O'Donnell is on contract is he not?
Owens style will suit BSN but may not be with us and would prefer Harvey anyway as he can pass the ball once he wins it.
Baker will probably stay unless a club nearer home in BSN comes in for him and may be better at that level with some height and strength alongside him.
Ruthers will hopefully stay as like Baker may be more of an asset in BSN.
D.M Rowe could be affective at that level similar to Paul Brown.
In a nutshell I think the majority of the starting 11 would make up part of a decent team in BSN but we do need to get away from lightweight signings whatever league we are in. It really was men vs boys against Mansfield. We need a man mountain of a centre half, a quality winger, some height/strength and imagination in the middle and 2/3 forwards. One with some height and certainly one with some real pace.
Assuming Boysey leaves the rest of the squad can happily go.
-
dcarradus
- Senior Member
- Posts: 487
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:13 pm
- Location: barrow in furness,Roose
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
I think boyes an harvey will get snapped up by BSP teams or lge 2 teams I would only like to keep hurst,skelton,baker the rest can go elsewhere.
bluebirdsforever
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Our whole team has lacked physical strength. Knocked off the ball far too easily. We have been bullied all over the park this season. we need height, strength and physical presence in defence, midfield and attack.
I made a pledge for the second half of the season of £5 for every headed goal we would score from a corner. I haven't had to pay out once on it. At the other end- how many free headers have teams had against us at corners and how many have we conceded from headed corners? We have been weak in the air at both ends.
Of all the current team- Hurst, Skelton, DM Rowe, Hunter (at right back), possibly Harvey, but I don't think any of them will stay. The rest I think they need to move on themselves. They've done their bit at Barrow and thankyou for that.
We need to find new players like Henney, McNulty, Jones, Walker, Bond, Brodie, Spender, These are the sort of players that can make an impact at this level and would have walked into the current team. We never really replaced these players.
I made a pledge for the second half of the season of £5 for every headed goal we would score from a corner. I haven't had to pay out once on it. At the other end- how many free headers have teams had against us at corners and how many have we conceded from headed corners? We have been weak in the air at both ends.
Of all the current team- Hurst, Skelton, DM Rowe, Hunter (at right back), possibly Harvey, but I don't think any of them will stay. The rest I think they need to move on themselves. They've done their bit at Barrow and thankyou for that.
We need to find new players like Henney, McNulty, Jones, Walker, Bond, Brodie, Spender, These are the sort of players that can make an impact at this level and would have walked into the current team. We never really replaced these players.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
I'd like Adam Dawson to stay I think he's a good player given a bit more time
Next year if he gets his match fitness up aswell as Dawson same as most Harvey hunter hurst boyes Rutherford rowe Skelton and Pearson how many we will keep is another matter lets hope we bounce back up the bluebirds :flag: we will recover from this
Next year if he gets his match fitness up aswell as Dawson same as most Harvey hunter hurst boyes Rutherford rowe Skelton and Pearson how many we will keep is another matter lets hope we bounce back up the bluebirds :flag: we will recover from this
- Bennyfromormsgill
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 909
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Hurst,skelton,pearson,hunter,danny m rowe,harvey,and owen the rest can go
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7144
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
to compete in blue square north,we will need committed players who care about the club and who will put in a decent shift and i`m afraid not many spring to mind and if Bayles stays he`s not daft he now has learnt the hard way what type of players we need as for hunter at right back whilst he puts plenty of effort in that`s not his position
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8347
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
I assume a lot of them will leave (if the late payment of wages etc rumours are true) If it was upto me I'd be keeping Hurst, Skelton, Harvey, Baker and Boyes and wouldn't really be bothered what happened to the others
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8347
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Barrow manager Dave Bayliss told BBC Radio Cumbria:
"We have to regroup, reform and go again next year. The club has done all it can, financially it's done all it can but we are in a really tough league at the moment and financially it does ask a lot of questions of you as a club. The chairman, directors - they're all working men - you find them dipping into their own bank accounts to pay the players at times which is not ideal. These are not excuses they are reasons and the reason we've gone down is that we're not good enough. The table doesn't lie and we're relegated because we are one of the worst teams in the league.
"We've got to get lads in now. Wholehearted lads who want to wear the shirt with pride. It's difficult for me because I'm one of those types of players who wore my heart on my sleeve and I want those types of lads in my team.
"You could see James Owen today, he's one of those types of players and he's one that we look at for next season and say you'd 100% take James. Out of the other group of lads 17, 18 - I don't know what else remains for them. I don't know what else I can do, we've looked after them as best we possibly can. If I'm being honest I feel like I've been stabbed in the back by a few of them."
"We have to regroup, reform and go again next year. The club has done all it can, financially it's done all it can but we are in a really tough league at the moment and financially it does ask a lot of questions of you as a club. The chairman, directors - they're all working men - you find them dipping into their own bank accounts to pay the players at times which is not ideal. These are not excuses they are reasons and the reason we've gone down is that we're not good enough. The table doesn't lie and we're relegated because we are one of the worst teams in the league.
"We've got to get lads in now. Wholehearted lads who want to wear the shirt with pride. It's difficult for me because I'm one of those types of players who wore my heart on my sleeve and I want those types of lads in my team.
"You could see James Owen today, he's one of those types of players and he's one that we look at for next season and say you'd 100% take James. Out of the other group of lads 17, 18 - I don't know what else remains for them. I don't know what else I can do, we've looked after them as best we possibly can. If I'm being honest I feel like I've been stabbed in the back by a few of them."
Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next season
I'd keep YJO in a heartbeat, if we can keep hold of him.
Hurst, Skelts and Boyes would be my first targets to keep. But tbh I'd just keep those who care about the club, on that basis solely, because I think any of them could do a decent job in BSN.
Hurst, Skelts and Boyes would be my first targets to keep. But tbh I'd just keep those who care about the club, on that basis solely, because I think any of them could do a decent job in BSN.
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Hope we try and get cliff moyo back. He left as he wanted part time football didn't he? .
I liked cliff.
I liked cliff.
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Of those we would like to keep the only one we're likely to is Skelton because of his age. Hurst will probably become a bench-warmer for a top BSP club (Wrexham perhaps if they lose out in the play-offs ?). Boyes will definitely be off. Obvious when nobody made a move in the January window (Goalscorer for a struggling club)when they new they could have him for nowt in the summer.YJO seems to be top of Bayles list but I've a feeling he may return to his roots. We picked him up from Chesters' Academy and he's got the sort of experience now that will strengthen them. Add the fact he could practically walk to training and its a no-brainer. No, I think its looking like a complete re-build. Lets hope we unearth some gems.
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
It's fair to say that those players who have allegedly stabbed Dave Bayliss in the back won't form part of the plans for next season. Perhaps (and subject to the libel laws) they should be named & shamed?
As to who we keep, this depends on which players - if any - are prepared to continue on a part-time basis rather than look for full time positions elsewhere. Apart from newly promoted Chester, we could also be competing against Stockport and FC United for players based in the north west, and once again Barrow's geographical location would count against us.
I can't really see many staying, to be honest. If loyalty counts for anything, then Mike Pearson (plus Shaun, if he returns to the UK for the start of next season) and Paul Rutherford might stay, plus Gavin Skelton unless he feels that he has another season in him at a higher level. The others will either not be offered new contracts, or if they are will turn them down and move elsewhere.
As an aside, perhaps the title of this thread should be changed? There is now no assumption that we will be relegated - we're dead & buried.
As to who we keep, this depends on which players - if any - are prepared to continue on a part-time basis rather than look for full time positions elsewhere. Apart from newly promoted Chester, we could also be competing against Stockport and FC United for players based in the north west, and once again Barrow's geographical location would count against us.
I can't really see many staying, to be honest. If loyalty counts for anything, then Mike Pearson (plus Shaun, if he returns to the UK for the start of next season) and Paul Rutherford might stay, plus Gavin Skelton unless he feels that he has another season in him at a higher level. The others will either not be offered new contracts, or if they are will turn them down and move elsewhere.
As an aside, perhaps the title of this thread should be changed? There is now no assumption that we will be relegated - we're dead & buried.
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Or perhaps they just noticed he rarely gets of the ground to challenge for the ball?SKIPPER wrote:Boyes will definitely be off. Obvious when nobody made a move in the January window (Goalscorer for a struggling club)when they new they could have him for nowt in the summer.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Boyes?????????????? I think his work rate and effort is superb.Hadrian wrote:Or perhaps they just noticed he rarely gets of the ground to challenge for the ball?SKIPPER wrote:Boyes will definitely be off. Obvious when nobody made a move in the January window (Goalscorer for a struggling club)when they new they could have him for nowt in the summer.
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
Friedrich Nietzsche
Friedrich Nietzsche
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: theotherbarrow and 19 guests