Page 2 of 2

Re: Winning 5-0

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm
by spirit of 1990
Matty wrote:IIRC all goals came in the second half against Kettering with Rutherford netting a hat-trick.
Yep, Ruthers got the hat-trick, it was the season where he was firing goals in towards the end of it & where we all thought he'd push on the following season.......wasn't to be though.

Re: Winning 5-0

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm
by Manchester Branch
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:we beat wukkie a bit back 6-0 round 2006.
6-1 it was, with Henney scoring for them. So 7-0 really

Re: Winning 5-0

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:06 pm
by frankums
Klaus Moogintaal wrote:Tesco 7 Netto 0
Was 5-0 at half time iirc

Re: Winning 5-0

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 pm
by xerxes
andyg wrote:Meant to say 66-67. I think we had drawn something like our first four home games (we were winning quite a lot of away games) then lost on the saturday ay home 0-1 but came back to beat Exeter as you said 5-0 - think it was a midweek game. My grandad used to send me match reports of the games - happy days
The home defeat was 2-3 against Hartlepool, after being 2-0 up. The Exeter game was a Saturday - see this excellent website - http://www.statto.com/football/stats/results/1966-10-08

Re: Winning 5-0

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:47 pm
by andyg
Yes it is a good site I've used it a few times in the past. Look how good we were between 1966 & 1968 really thought we were going places - then the crash. In our relegation season from the third division (1969-70) I went to our only away win of the season (beating Gillingham 1-0 - Mulvaney got the goal I think) was living in Kent at the time. Strange thing I remember was our 2nd kit was red & white (Gills wear blue) & I wore a red & white scarf to the game.

Obviously the final league season still irks me but I see we at least did the double over Stockport & Workington!

Re: Winning 5-0

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 pm
by russell_anderson
andyg wrote:Yes it is a good site I've used it a few times in the past. Look how good we were between 1966 & 1968 really thought we were going places - then the crash. In our relegation season from the third division (1969-70) I went to our only away win of the season (beating Gillingham 1-0 - Mulvaney got the goal I think) was living in Kent at the time. Strange thing I remember was our 2nd kit was red & white (Gills wear blue) & I wore a red & white scarf to the game.

Obviously the final league season still irks me but I see we at least did the double over Stockport & Workington!
The best Barrow teams I ever saw and, in fact, in our history. Brilliant players such as Jimmy Mallon, Jim Mulholland, Dave Storf and a fantastic midfield pair of George Smith and Mick Hartland.

Re: Winning 5-0

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 pm
by Jonty
Someone needs to write a book covering our promotion season and Top of the Third season. Fill it with back page reports of each game, archived photos etc. Interviews with ex players and older fans. I think it would be a great read.