Re: Tranmere Rovers v Barrow, match thread
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2025 10:22 am
He did really really well, not taking anything away from your other co-commentators but I really enjoyed listening to his input.
The unofficial Barrow AFC fans forum
https://www.barrowafc.net/
He did really really well, not taking anything away from your other co-commentators but I really enjoyed listening to his input.
I actually agree I also thought the soft voice was a woman co-commentator but in defence it’s because everybody else just shouts. Really nice to hear Dior talk about “us” and him mentioning texts from former Barrow teammates.Maybe he’s the lucky co-commentator, ha.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Tue Dec 30, 2025 9:26 am I thought the same when there player booted ball away and then it's moments like that, that frustrate the life out of folk.. inconsistent!
Overall, a good watch and great to get the goals.
Canavan was stupid in what he did and it could have cost us dearly but thanks to the rest of the team, we came away with a brilliant win.
Took me til after the game to work out who was co commentator with Adam, at some moments, I actually thought it was a woman with him because he has such a soft voice.. sorry Angus.![]()
If we can repeat this against Salford I think it should settle the nerves a little and with so many games to go, let's hope we can push for a top half finish because after last night, it proved we do indeed have the players and quality.
Yeh the deliberate attempt to hurt Ben on his injured side could be described as assault. Hope he gets punishedspirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 30, 2025 10:33 am Did anyone see the cynical shoulder barge into Winterbottom after his injury? Absolutely shocking, I hope that gets reported.
Great performance by virtually the whole team. NCs first yellow might’ve been soft but why do something as stupid as kicking the ball away, no argument, it was a second yellow offence….thats B&W. Stupid.
Hard to pick anyone out for special praise but Ben and Charlie were outstanding, two of the signings/re-signings of the season. Not a great fan of Cameron but he did really well when coming on. I also thought Fletcher did a decent job, but that just shows how ineffective we are up front when he has to do as a make-shift forward.
Tough one on NYD but play like that and we should be fine.
It was that Clownspirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 30, 2025 10:33 am Did anyone see the cynical shoulder barge into Winterbottom after his injury? Absolutely shocking, I hope that gets reported.
Great performance by virtually the whole team. NCs first yellow might’ve been soft but why do something as stupid as kicking the ball away, no argument, it was a second yellow offence….thats B&W. Stupid.
Hard to pick anyone out for special praise but Ben and Charlie were outstanding, two of the signings/re-signings of the season. Not a great fan of Cameron but he did really well when coming on. I also thought Fletcher did a decent job, but that just shows how ineffective we are up front when he has to do as a make-shift forward.
Tough one on NYD but play like that and we should be fine.
If Cook does come back yes he might be slow but he’s one of those players you don't want to play against he’s strong, good in the air and at set pieces he'd be an asset anyway let's see what happens!andyg wrote: ↑Tue Dec 30, 2025 1:21 pm The ref is mainly a conference one think this may have been the fourth match he's refereed at our level.
We now need to kick on. Salford one of our bogey teams never do well against them - in fact I can only remember one win against them in L2 or the non league - and that was a New Tears Day fixture. Fingers crossed.
Concerned about Cook his injuries and age are an issue. I would imagine he will be very slow. Probably slower than Hemmings! We do need a right back and another centre back (Canavan is now another major worry). By the way how many matches is Canavan's 3rd ban for now -bet its at least 2 games.
Cook has never been fast he doesn’t need to be. He just pops up right place right time and scores goals. Plays 40 odd games a season normally. One major injury doesn’t mean he’s injury prone he’s actually the opposite. I can’t believe people wouldn’t be happy signing him on loan until the end of the seasonandyg wrote: ↑Tue Dec 30, 2025 1:21 pm The ref is mainly a conference one think this may have been the fourth match he's refereed at our level.
We now need to kick on. Salford one of our bogey teams never do well against them - in fact I can only remember one win against them in L2 or the non league - and that was a New Tears Day fixture. Fingers crossed.
Concerned about Cook his injuries and age are an issue. I would imagine he will be very slow. Probably slower than Hemmings! We do need a right back and another centre back (Canavan is now another major worry). By the way how many matches is Canavan's 3rd ban for now -bet its at least 2 games.
I thought this too. Must be very rare.Borobasedfan1 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 30, 2025 1:33 pm I wonder if that is the first time that someone has been sent off in both the home and away games