Alfreton v BARROW thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 am

Not that it's how I'd want to stop up or what I'd want to happen to most clubs but the players/us shouldn't be throwing the towel in yet just because it looks like we're doomed. What if a club goes pop? (yes, I know what your'e thinking, but lets not say it)

Surely even if we win or win & draw our next two games & that eventually see's us in the final relegation spot but someone gets deducted points for one reason or another we need to be top of the relegation pile (top of something sounds good doesn't it :) )

I'm grasping at straws I know but it keeps me going!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
32mile_cul-de-sac
Gold Member
Posts: 2444
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by 32mile_cul-de-sac » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:Not that it's how I'd want to stop up or what I'd want to happen to most clubs but the players/us shouldn't be throwing the towel in yet just because it looks like we're doomed. What if a club goes pop? (yes, I know what your'e thinking, but lets not say it)

Surely even if we win or win & draw our next two games & that eventually see's us in the final relegation spot but someone gets deducted points for one reason or another we need to be top of the relegation pile (top of something sounds good doesn't it :) )

I'm grasping at straws I know but it keeps me going!
It happened to Southport two seasons ago. You never know. But will the players be bothered?

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Post by Jim » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:54 pm

32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:Not that it's how I'd want to stop up or what I'd want to happen to most clubs but the players/us shouldn't be throwing the towel in yet just because it looks like we're doomed. What if a club goes pop? (yes, I know what your'e thinking, but lets not say it)

Surely even if we win or win & draw our next two games & that eventually see's us in the final relegation spot but someone gets deducted points for one reason or another we need to be top of the relegation pile (top of something sounds good doesn't it :) )

I'm grasping at straws I know but it keeps me going!
It happened to Southport two seasons ago. You never know. But will the players be bothered?
And Altrincham more than once!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hadrian and 29 guests