Page 13 of 13

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 am
by spirit of 1990
Not that it's how I'd want to stop up or what I'd want to happen to most clubs but the players/us shouldn't be throwing the towel in yet just because it looks like we're doomed. What if a club goes pop? (yes, I know what your'e thinking, but lets not say it)

Surely even if we win or win & draw our next two games & that eventually see's us in the final relegation spot but someone gets deducted points for one reason or another we need to be top of the relegation pile (top of something sounds good doesn't it :) )

I'm grasping at straws I know but it keeps me going!

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm
by 32mile_cul-de-sac
spirit of 1990 wrote:Not that it's how I'd want to stop up or what I'd want to happen to most clubs but the players/us shouldn't be throwing the towel in yet just because it looks like we're doomed. What if a club goes pop? (yes, I know what your'e thinking, but lets not say it)

Surely even if we win or win & draw our next two games & that eventually see's us in the final relegation spot but someone gets deducted points for one reason or another we need to be top of the relegation pile (top of something sounds good doesn't it :) )

I'm grasping at straws I know but it keeps me going!
It happened to Southport two seasons ago. You never know. But will the players be bothered?

Re: Alfreton v BARROW thread

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:54 pm
by Jim
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:Not that it's how I'd want to stop up or what I'd want to happen to most clubs but the players/us shouldn't be throwing the towel in yet just because it looks like we're doomed. What if a club goes pop? (yes, I know what your'e thinking, but lets not say it)

Surely even if we win or win & draw our next two games & that eventually see's us in the final relegation spot but someone gets deducted points for one reason or another we need to be top of the relegation pile (top of something sounds good doesn't it :) )

I'm grasping at straws I know but it keeps me going!
It happened to Southport two seasons ago. You never know. But will the players be bothered?
And Altrincham more than once!