Page 16 of 24
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 am
by Middleton Nick
Jim wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 am
I have family overseas and they are asking how iFollow works.
Can they register, and if so, presumably they can read all the articles etc?
If registered, can they also watch the extended highlights?
I believe they can't stream matches live or hear commentary?
I'm not an expert Jim, but we have numerous fans who watch the games overseas, even one in Belize. It also depends on the strength of the signal. However, anyone can register on the Barrow official site and they will be able to see the news and other articles. Not sure about the highlights but i'm sure someone else can assist.
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 am
by MisterPleasant
Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 am
Jim wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 am
I have family overseas and they are asking how iFollow works.
Can they register, and if so, presumably they can read all the articles etc?
If registered, can they also watch the extended highlights?
I believe they can't stream matches live or hear commentary?
I'm not an expert Jim, but we have numerous fans who watch the games overseas, even one in Belize. It also depends on the strength of the signal. However, anyone can register on the Barrow official site and they will be able to see the news and other articles. Not sure about the highlights but i'm sure someone else can assist.
I'm sure
@mickmike wilson or
@LDBF would be willing to advise, Jim.
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 pm
by russell_anderson
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 am
Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 am
I'm not an expert Jim, but we have numerous fans who watch the games overseas, even one in Belize. It also depends on the strength of the signal. However, anyone can register on the Barrow official site and they will be able to see the news and other articles. Not sure about the highlights but i'm sure someone else can assist.
I'm sure @mickmike wilson or @LDBF would be willing to advise, Jim.
iFollow was specifically to cater for overseas supporters and anybody outside of the UK can register. The only reason we can now use it in the UK is because of covid and, sadly for us Southern based followers, once or if we ever get back to normal we will lose the option.
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm
by Main Stand SeasonTct
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 pm
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 am
I'm sure @mickmike wilson or @LDBF would be willing to advise, Jim.
iFollow was specifically to cater for overseas supporters and anybody outside of the UK can register. The only reason we can now use it in the UK is because of covid and, sadly for us Southern based followers, once or if we ever get back to normal we will lose the option.
Once or if we get back to normal people in the UK will still be able to watch midweek games on iFollow as they could before Covid
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:03 pm
by MisterPleasant
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 pm
iFollow was specifically to cater for overseas supporters and anybody outside of the UK can register. The only reason we can now use it in the UK is because of covid and, sadly for us Southern based followers, once or if we ever get back to normal we will lose the option.
Once or if we get back to normal people in the UK will still be able to watch midweek games on iFollow as they could before Covid
That is how I understand it. It's only Saturday, 3:00 p.m. kick-offs and televised games we shan't be able to see.
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:17 pm
by mickmike wilson
Jim wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 am
I have family overseas and they are asking how iFollow works.
Can they register, and if so, presumably they can read all the articles etc?
If registered, can they also watch the extended highlights?
I believe they can't stream matches live or hear commentary?
It’s super easy Jim even for a techy challenged oik as myself, Live streaming, Interviews, Highlights etc Heck I just watched our last 2 games traveling in a car & it streamed great.
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 pm
by Jim
Thanks Mickmike, I will PM you.
Re: i follow
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:57 pm
by russell_anderson
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:03 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm
Once or if we get back to normal people in the UK will still be able to watch midweek games on iFollow as they could before Covid
That is how I understand it. It's only Saturday, 3:00 p.m. kick-offs and televised games we shan't be able to see.
Thanks. I didn't realise that so that's good news for me.
Re: i follow
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 pm
by LDBF
Super easy for us overseas to watch all Barrow games home and away, I pay 20 pounds a month - get all the iFollow package. Some games at the start of the season were a bit difficult with no picture, but had the BBC RC commentary no problem, maybe a bit time-delayed as I got the ping from FlashScore that something had happened before it did(now turn off FlaskScore during the game)
Re: i follow
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 pm
by Adam29
Sadly no BBCRC commentary Tomorrow via iFollow as I’m commentating via an iFollow feed in the newsroom in Carlisle due to BBC rules on Covid
Re: i follow
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:24 pm
by McMark
A high so far of 698 away to Carlisle and an understandable low of 163 at home to Cheltenham
https://www.barrowafc.com/news/2021/feb ... wo-season/
Re: i follow
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 pm
by MisterPleasant
Adam29 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 pm
Sadly no BBCRC commentary Tomorrow via iFollow as I’m commentating via an iFollow feed in the newsroom in Carlisle due to BBC rules on Covid
Presumably, we'll have the iFollow Bolton home commentary, will we?
Re: i follow
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm
by Jim
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 pm
Adam29 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 pm
Sadly no BBCRC commentary Tomorrow via iFollow as I’m commentating via an iFollow feed in the newsroom in Carlisle due to BBC rules on Covid
Presumably, we'll have the iFollow Bolton home commentary, will we?
Or commentary on RC Freeview channel>
Re: i follow
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 pm
by Bakewell Blue
I wonder why Salford’s figures are so low?
Re: i follow
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:44 pm
by HenneysKnee
Bakewell Blue wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 pm
I wonder why Salford’s figures are so low?
Wonder if season ticket holders get home and away games included?