Page 18 of 20
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 am
by tommy2thumbs
GTBLUE wrote: And I suppose you can remember every single post that's ever been posted on the forum can you. Smart arse.
It's the post directly before yours.....
....no need for insults
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 am
by audigex
The man scored the equaliser in the FA trophy. For me, that gets him enough points to be worth signing on non-contract terms.
If he turns out to be as unfit as people are making out, we can release him - there's no obligation, and we're not going to waste money. If he's fit enough to do a solid half an hour, then we know for a fact he can do a job as an impact sub. I wouldn't want him to be doing many 90 minute stretches, but I don't think that having the option of a big striker is a bad thing for an offensive line up... Rowe isn't quite the bullying sort. The problem last time was that we had Chadwick, who was crap most of the time, and Walker who was excellent but lacked a strike partner when Chadwick didn't turn up. McEvily was never designed to be a supporting striker for a Walker-type player... but as a late-ish substitution when one of our younger, faster strikers have tired the opposition centre halves out, I can see the point.
He clearly wants to be involved in the game: he's had several opportunities in the last 2 and a half years to pack football in and I doubt anyone would have blamed him if he had, with a fairly young family and several injuries.
For me, I can't see the need to criticise a virtually risk-free signing. If he does a job he stays, if he's too unfit, isn't up to the job or his previous injuries cause issues we can release him just as quickly.
Welcome back, Lee.
P.S, I'm assuming he isn't trophy tied?
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am
by GTBLUE
tommy2thumbs wrote:GTBLUE wrote: And I suppose you can remember every single post that's ever been posted on the forum can you. Smart arse.
It's the post directly before yours.....
....no need for insults
That only said that he'd been freed by Colchester. I added that he had signed for Accy just to inform you all where he had gone, as I thought some might be interested.
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 am
by memories of 67
The saying is 'Desperate times require desperate measures'.
Well this is 'Desperate'
He is only being paid expenses, well his food & drinks bill will be £250 a week to start with!!!
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am
by mally
audigex wrote:The man scored the equaliser in the FA trophy. For me, that gets him enough points to be worth signing on non-contract terms.
If he turns out to be as unfit as people are making out, we can release him - there's no obligation, and we're not going to waste money. If he's fit enough to do a solid half an hour, then we know for a fact he can do a job as an impact sub. I wouldn't want him to be doing many 90 minute stretches, but I don't think that having the option of a big striker is a bad thing for an offensive line up... Rowe isn't quite the bullying sort. The problem last time was that we had Chadwick, who was crap most of the time, and Walker who was excellent but lacked a strike partner when Chadwick didn't turn up. McEvily was never designed to be a supporting striker for a Walker-type player... but as a late-ish substitution when one of our younger, faster strikers have tired the opposition centre halves out, I can see the point.
He clearly wants to be involved in the game: he's had several opportunities in the last 2 and a half years to pack football in and I doubt anyone would have blamed him if he had, with a fairly young family and several injuries.
For me, I can't see the need to criticise a virtually risk-free signing. If he does a job he stays, if he's too unfit, isn't up to the job or his previous injuries cause issues we can release him just as quickly.
Welcome back, Lee.
P.S, I'm assuming he isn't trophy tied?
Got to agree with you audigex,though I would add that with full time training I can see Lee being just the sort of tactical blockbuster we need to help us stay up-which we will do-.Lets all welcome the lad back,stay offa his back and Bayles as well and get right behind our club starting tomorrow for the big push.
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:31 am
by Ste Story
audigex wrote:P.S, I'm assuming he isn't trophy tied?
He is.
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:32 am
by GTBLUE
I was looking forward to a "Big Mac" tomorrow. Now it's a "Double Whopper"
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:35 am
by Adam29
[quote]audigex said: P.S,
I'm assuming he isn't trophy tied?[/quote]
sadly
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/warringto ... official=0
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:49 am
by sempre contigo
YES!!!
We can sing the McEvilly chant now.
To Lady Gagas chorus in paparazzi...
He's fat he's got no hair he'll beat you in air McEvilly... Lee Mc... Lee McEvilly
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:50 pm
by tictactoe
People aren't going to like this but since when has that stopped me!
This is a joke. I was in the Bayliss out group not so long back but thought after a while that he deserved a chance. That chance was the transfer window imo and sorry Bayliss but you have blown it. We are staring relegation in the face and the best we can do is McEvilly. Expenses only or not, we had to do better than that. Bayliss is obviously out of ideas, has no contacts and is not the right man to keep us in this league. The trouble is now imo its too late to do anything about it.
Brian Keen is once more begging fans to turn up to support the team, but it has to work both ways, give us something to support. I really am convinced now that the BOD want us in the conference north. They think fans will be there to watch a team winning in that league were the words Brian Keen said to RC. Well could your crystal ball predict my future, because there is no guarantee that we would be winning and it could quite easily be the start of the end.
Fill your boots rockerlad we will see you next season
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 pm
by Adam29

welcome back Jonny
sempre contigo wrote:YES!!!
We can sing the McEvilly chant now.
To Lady Gagas chorus in paparazzi...
He's fat he's got no hair he'll beat you in air McEvilly... Lee Mc... Lee McEvilly
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:59 pm
by spirit of 1990
tictactoe wrote:the best we can do is McEvilly
Errm, Danny L Rowe might remind you he's also been brought in & scored a vital goal two weeks ago!
I can't really see what the problem is, two main strikers with McEvilly as an impact player on low money, what are people expecting, some big name from Luton, Wrexham or the like?
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm
by GTBLUE
Just to remind you Ian. Bayliss said after the Macc cup defeat when he spat his dummy out and threatened to put everyone on the transfer list, I guarantee whoever comes in will be "better" than what we already have. That is more or less word for word. So, on that basis, I assume Boysey will be dropped because Fatso must be "better". Unbelievable, some of the crap he comes out with at times.
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 pm
by spirit of 1990
GTBLUE wrote:Bayliss said after the Macc cup defeat when he spat his dummy out and threatened to put everyone on the transfer list, I guarantee whoever comes in will be "better" than what we already have.

Bad choice of words by Mr Bayliss, Graham.
I wasn't actually defending him or that statement & I don't think it's an ideal signing but we've got to remember who we are & where we are.
Money is a problem so we don't have to go there, we're near the foot of the table, we've got what will probably be our two main strikers sorted so just who do we expect?
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:00 pm
by GTBLUE
spirit of 1990 wrote:GTBLUE wrote:Bayliss said after the Macc cup defeat when he spat his dummy out and threatened to put everyone on the transfer list, I guarantee whoever comes in will be "better" than what we already have.

Bad choice of words by Mr Bayliss, Graham.
I wasn't actually defending him or that statement & I don't think it's an ideal signing but we've got to remember who we are & where we are.
Money is a problem so we don't have to go there, we're near the foot of the table, we've got what will probably be our two main strikers sorted so just who do we expect?
"Someone better than we already have" That's what we were told and that's what I expected mate.