Page 19 of 20
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:02 pm
by Jonty
We've added Rowe / O Donnell and Mcevilly and lost Jackson / Almond / Anderson -These new players will bring experience and hopefully a bit more steel to the side. That's what we need. Hopefully one or two more when the loan deals start.
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:07 pm
by tictactoe
spirit of 1990 wrote:GTBLUE wrote:Bayliss said after the Macc cup defeat when he spat his dummy out and threatened to put everyone on the transfer list, I guarantee whoever comes in will be "better" than what we already have.

Bad choice of words by Mr Bayliss, Graham.
I wasn't actually defending him or that statement & I don't think it's an ideal signing but we've got to remember who we are & where we are.
Money is a problem so we don't have to go there, we're near the foot of the table, we've got what will probably be our two main strikers sorted so just who do we expect?
Sorry but brian keen said on rc on Tuesday that money was there for players so there is in excuse.
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 pm
by spirit of 1990
tictactoe wrote:spirit of 1990 wrote:

Bad choice of words by Mr Bayliss, Graham.
I wasn't actually defending him or that statement & I don't think it's an ideal signing but we've got to remember who we are & where we are.
Money is a problem so we don't have to go there, we're near the foot of the table, we've got what will probably be our two main strikers sorted so just who do we expect?
Sorry but brian keen said on rc on Tuesday that money was there for players so there is in excuse.
I think you know exactly what he meant.
You make it sound like there's a bottomless pit of money for players.
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 pm
by GTBLUE
spirit of 1990 wrote:tictactoe wrote:
Sorry but brian keen said on rc on Tuesday that money was there for players so there is in excuse.
I think you know exactly what he meant.
You make it sound like there's a bottomless pit of money for players.
Ian, you are in danger of becoming a happy clapper. Please don't

Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 pm
by russell_anderson
spirit of 1990 wrote:Got to admit my first thought - was I can't believe we're going there again as I didn't think he was good enough three years ago!
I agree. He looked like a carthorse every time I saw him last time he was at Barrow. Got knows how much slower and heavier he'll be now!
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 pm
by spirit of 1990
GTBLUE wrote:Ian, you are in danger of becoming a happy clapper. Please don't
OK GT............sack em all
That better?
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 pm
by GTBLUE
spirit of 1990 wrote:GTBLUE wrote:Ian, you are in danger of becoming a happy clapper. Please don't
OK GT............sack em all
That better?
That's more like it Ian. Now don't let it happen again

Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:24 pm
by Voice of reason
memories of 67 wrote:The saying is 'Desperate times require desperate measures'.
Well this is 'Desperate'
He is only being paid expenses, well his food & drinks bill will be £250 a week to start with!!!
See you on the Popside Kidder 3pm !!!! The gang are missing you
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 pm
by Hadrian
GTBLUE wrote:"Someone better than we already have" That's what we were told and that's what I expected mate.
What we had were several empty seats on the bench.
Now we have one fewer, a place having been filled by an FA Trophy Final hero (ish).
Seems sort of better to me...
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 pm
by Voice of reason
Hadrian wrote:GTBLUE wrote:"Someone better than we already have" That's what we were told and that's what I expected mate.
What we had were several empty seats on the bench.
Now we have one fewer, a place having been filled by an FA Trophy Final hero (ish).
Seems sort of better to me...
I Suppose some people would rather we had 18 or 19 players to pick from ? But on our gates we cant afford to have 3 players sat in the stand taking 2or 3 hundred quid a week each out of the club like we have had previously.Bad Maths !!!!!
Re: New signing
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 pm
by barrowaberdeen
When he was here, that goal aside, he looked miserable and the Palestinian crisis had more movement. He spent most of his time staring darkly at his fixed odd coupon while injured barring 'that' goal.
I love the song, I hope I'm proved very wrong but I think it's desperately insane.
Re: New signing
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:22 am
by boyliegladbach
2 minutes into this link
briliant wasnt it? the hoardes from the [SwearFilter] north
a few more please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcK6UoUmBE
Re: New signing
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 am
by HenneysKnee
That video just shows what can happen when Rutherford whips a cross in early rather than trying to beat 7 men
Re: New signing
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am
by Kieran
Jonty wrote:We've added Rowe / O Donnell and Mcevilly and lost Jackson / Almond / Anderson
Bloody hell, how depressing is it when you put it like that??
I realise you were trying to be positive, but you've done the opposite.
Re: New signing
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:04 am
by Jonty
When you need to battle, players like Almond / Jackson just don't command enough presence- did you ever see either of them out muscling a centre half- too lightweight and too quiet on the pitch. Bayles said as much himself- that our forwards get bullied too easily by the centre halfs. I don't think that will happen with Rowe and Mcevilly. Losing Tom Anderson was a blow, but from what I'm reading O'Donnell is a good defender.