Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next season
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
If Bayliss isn't offered a new contract, (which I hope he will be) I'd like to see Skelton offered a player/manager role. Plenty of passion, motivated and a model professional. It worked well for us last time we took on a manager(s) with no managerial experience.
Popular side since '03.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8194
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Hearing that Boyes is off to Gateshead and Baker is off to Hyde. Also a few of our other players seem to have new clubs lined up.
Don't think any of em want to be here or give a shit tbh.
Don't think any of em want to be here or give a shit tbh.
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
The way some of them have been playing I suspect several have been fixed up for a few weeks. 
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7305
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
11 players apparently signed pre contracts for other clubs.
It's like the widowed husband jumping straight into a new relationship before his wife has even been buried.
It's like the widowed husband jumping straight into a new relationship before his wife has even been buried.
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
On saturday we should play any who haven't signed elsewhere and then top up the team with any locals (players/fans) who fancy a game (I presume we can manage to organise the registrations in time????)
-
Richard Ingham
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Chorley
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
As nice as that would be Dave we cant. Deadline for all player registrations is the end of March. After that you have to use what you have. Obviously in our case it is the majority of the players that have been doing the using.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7486
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
That statement is true Andy regarding most of the season, however the last handful of games I saw at home he was lacklustre, giving away daft free kicks because he didn’t have the energy to challenge legitimately and generally failing to find the net when chances came. Maybe he was injured, off form or hacked off with other off field matters I don’t know, but on his day he was as good as any in the BSP and will be remembered for that.Andy wrote:Boyes?????????????? I think his work rate and effort is superb.Hadrian wrote: Or perhaps they just noticed he rarely gets of the ground to challenge for the ball?
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Thats a real shame because if some of them had put in as much work on the field in recent games as they obviously have in securing new deals we would probably be safe now

Last edited by DaveP on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8194
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
Hurst
Flynn Peo O'Donell Skelton
Rutherford Harvey Hunter Owen Dawson
Ste Story
Flynn Peo O'Donell Skelton
Rutherford Harvey Hunter Owen Dawson
Ste Story
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
As good as any striker in the league on his dead deffo.Wintergreen wrote:That statement is true Andy regarding most of the season, however the last handful of games I saw at home he was lacklustre, giving away daft free kicks because he didn’t have the energy to challenge legitimately and generally failing to find the net when chances came. Maybe he was injured, off form or hacked off with other off field matters I don’t know, but on his day he was as good as any in the BSP and will be remembered for that.Andy wrote: Boyes?????????????? I think his work rate and effort is superb.
Probably lost motivation, after spending the vast majority of his time this season carrying the side, not getting payed, not having a strike partner all season, having balls pumped up to him with 0 support from midfield. Its gonna wear down anyone.
Bish=God
-
donny bluebird
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:39 am
- Location: Four Oaks
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
I don't honestly think there's a single player that would want to stay, regardless of whether they have other arrangements in place or not.
Also, the only player who seems to give a shit, despite being one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched, is Paul Rutherford. If he wanted to stay I'd keep him. I will not lose any sleep if he is the only player we have on the books come July.
I think somebody commented earlier that most players in this league surmount to being journeymen who couldn't give a toss where (or how) they played, so long as a wage slip was sent every week. Sadly I think the vast majority of our squad fall into this category.
Bayliss has been let down by his players without a doubt, but he is the manager and the buck stops there.
Bayliss in turn has been let down by the board and that is the biggest tragedy of the last 18 months.
Bayles need a new challenge, we need a fresh start. The timing is perfect for both.
Also, the only player who seems to give a shit, despite being one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched, is Paul Rutherford. If he wanted to stay I'd keep him. I will not lose any sleep if he is the only player we have on the books come July.
I think somebody commented earlier that most players in this league surmount to being journeymen who couldn't give a toss where (or how) they played, so long as a wage slip was sent every week. Sadly I think the vast majority of our squad fall into this category.
Bayliss has been let down by his players without a doubt, but he is the manager and the buck stops there.
Bayliss in turn has been let down by the board and that is the biggest tragedy of the last 18 months.
Bayles need a new challenge, we need a fresh start. The timing is perfect for both.
Score more goals than them!
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8194
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
I'd love to see us keep any of Rutherford, Skelts, Danny M Rowe, Pearson, Owen, O'Donnell and Hurst.
I personally don't think we'll keep any of them though.
I personally don't think we'll keep any of them though.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
I'll bet not many of them are with Conference Premier sides as there are no more than 2 or 3 good enough to play at that level.Adam29 wrote:11 players apparently signed pre contracts for other clubs.
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
You know what really irritates my bits; if these players are as bad as people make out how come we've only finished a handful of points from safety instead of being cast adrift behind evryone else? Could it just be they are better than that , its just they are lazy and haven't put the required effort in?
Boils my do dah's
Boils my do dah's
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Assuming we get relegated - who would you keep next seas
You are right Ste--honest players who always give 100%. After Alfreton some of the others can do one and good riddance.Ste Story wrote:I'd love to see us keep any of Rutherford, Skelts, Danny M Rowe, Pearson, Owen, O'Donnell and Hurst.
I personally don't think we'll keep any of them though.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests