Page 3 of 6

Re: Memberships

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:39 am
by Richard Ingham
oldtimer wrote:Article in last nights EM says "lFor more information about Barrow’s membership packages visit their official website at, http://www.barrowafc.com" . But nothing updated since report on members meeting.

Just tried AGAIN to upgrade my membership. But still no "renew" option when I log into my account, and still only membership for 2012 -13 on the "open an account" option. Do I start again and open a new account ? Advice please.
See my reply from yesterday lunchtime :

Re: Memberships

by Richard Ingham » Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 pm

I've just emailed Miller Waite, asking for this bug to be fixed. I will let everyone know what response I get back.

For now it might be easier contacting the club directly and doing your upgrade/renewals either on the phone or in person.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:41 am
by Richard Ingham
BERSATUBOY wrote:Well I just been on official site to renew...guess what even that is not updated for use after August this year. I have Emailed the Club.
Not confident there will be an early answer.
The piece you refer to is a copy of the printed flyer, do not let that stop you renewing. If it is an upgraded package you want then see my earlier posts in this thread.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:47 pm
by BERSATUBOY
Richard. Have followed link and have re newed membership for 2013/2014. Hope this is all that is needed

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:32 am
by ant
sounds like last summer to me.people want to give money and it takes pages of threads.phissed off with trying.(will get there though.;)

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:01 am
by barrowfan
ant wrote:sounds like last summer to me.people want to give money and it takes pages of threads.phissed off with trying.(will get there though.;)
You didn't really expect anything to change did you? ;)

Always the same with these meetings. Lots of convincing talk and no action.

Sad but true, but like you I will keep the faith.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:55 pm
by Holkerbird
I was speaking to Suzanne today and she said she will, and is, changing the date individually as people pay so that it is current for the coming season so there is no reason why you can't renew your membership.
Hope this helps.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:08 pm
by Andy
Just logged in and filled in the form to renew my membership only to get this:
Official Site wrote:Account Renewal
Online Registration is now open.

The account you are trying to log into was found but membership has been activated via paypal. Please sign in using your email address and membership number as your username and password. These will have been emailed to you during registration.
Thing is I am logged in. I don't now know whether I have renewed or not. If I do it again will it register me twice. FFS :x :x

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:25 pm
by barrowfan
Holkerbird wrote:I was speaking to Suzanne today and she said she will, and is, changing the date individually as people pay so that it is current for the coming season so there is no reason why you can't renew your membership.
Hope this helps.
Trouble is people who are trying to update online don't have any confidence that their money isn't going into a black hole.

It can't be too difficult to update the webpage/systems surely?

The sad part is that people will give up trying at a time when the club needs the money.

When will the club realise that for many people online transactions are their preferred method of payment?

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm
by barrowfan
Andy wrote:Just logged in and filled in the form to renew my membership only to get this:
Official Site wrote:Account Renewal
Online Registration is now open.

The account you are trying to log into was found but membership has been activated via paypal. Please sign in using your email address and membership number as your username and password. These will have been emailed to you during registration.
Thing is I am logged in. I don't now know whether I have renewed or not. If I do it again will it register me twice. FFS :x :x
Have a look at your Paypal account to see if the money has gone.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm
by Dan_Buck
I sorted mine out about 3 hours ago and had no problems at all

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:29 pm
by boyliegladbach
Dan_Buck wrote:I sorted mine out about 3 hours ago and had no problems at all
How? Just wondering

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:32 pm
by Dan_Buck
boyliegladbach wrote:
Dan_Buck wrote:I sorted mine out about 3 hours ago and had no problems at all
How? Just wondering
Just clicked on the banner at the top of official website and I found it quiet straight forward and it has come out of my PayPal and I received 2 emails before and after I did it

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 pm
by Andy
barrowfan wrote:
Andy wrote:Just logged in and filled in the form to renew my membership only to get this:
Thing is I am logged in. I don't now know whether I have renewed or not. If I do it again will it register me twice. FFS :x :x
Have a look at your Paypal account to see if the money has gone.
Money not gone. Tried again and got the same message. I think it is because I pay monthly and I am still current and not expired so it won't renew. FFS

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:46 pm
by Holkerbird
barrowfan wrote:
Holkerbird wrote:I was speaking to Suzanne today and she said she will, and is, changing the date individually as people pay so that it is current for the coming season so there is no reason why you can't renew your membership.
Hope this helps.
Trouble is people who are trying to update online don't have any confidence that their money isn't going into a black hole.

It can't be too difficult to update the webpage/systems surely?

The sad part is that people will give up trying at a time when the club needs the money.

When will the club realise that for many people online transactions are their preferred method of payment?
I wouldn't know the answers to your questions. I pay with cash as it is more convenient and by the sound of things less stressful. Perhaps you could call in a the club and ask what the problem is.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 pm
by barrowfan
Holkerbird wrote:Perhaps you could call in a the club and ask what the problem is.
I take your point but that rather defeats the object of being able to renew on the internet. :)