Page 3 of 8

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:49 am
by mrsenario
The ground may move over a bit or a re build around the training pitch or half and half hence no floodlights or roof
To buy up land and look at all options seens sensible before jumping in ...think uncle pete explained this a while back

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:58 pm
by Cringle
Has anyone got any recent pics of the pitch?
Is it seeded yet?
Sad but I'd love to see the growing progress over the summer seen as it's the first time we've had this sort of thing done.

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:30 pm
by whitty1969
Looked at the pitch 20 minutes ago, Grass has started to come through. Another couple of weeks of sun and rain and it will look a lot better.

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:41 pm
by blue nige
whitty1969 wrote:Looked at the pitch 20 minutes ago, Grass has started to come through. Another couple of weeks of sun and rain and it will look a lot better.


next time take a camera ! :)

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:49 pm
by blue nige
"uncle peter" is there any chance of setting up "pitch watch" with a 24 hour feed where every one could see hoe the pitch is progressing! :)

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:04 pm
by Uncle Peter
If I get chance I'll try and pop down for some update pictures

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:52 pm
by spirit of 1990
Uncle Peter wrote:If I get chance I'll try and pop down for some update pictures
I've got some Pete, I took some 10 days ago and some from the same positions tonight. I don't know how to get them on here so I'll hand them over to the missus to sort :oops:

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 pm
by Uncle Peter
if you email them to me i'll upload them mate

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:35 pm
by spirit of 1990
Uncle Peter wrote:if you email them to me i'll upload them mate
Just e-mailed them to you Pete.

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 pm
by Uncle Peter
10 days ago
10 days ago
1.jpg (83.66 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
today
today
2.jpg (36.83 KiB) Viewed 2400 times

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:01 pm
by spirit of 1990
The grass is actually more dense than the second photo shows - not bad for ten days I thought.

I'll get another over the weekend from the same spot.

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:59 am
by Lancaster Branch
Get those birds off the pitch!

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:07 am
by Bigfathoss
Lancaster Branch wrote:Get those birds off the pitch!
We have to call them 'referee's assistants' these days Dave!

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:22 am
by orpheus
Well now. Pitch looks like it is coming along nicely. Should be no excuses about that when season comes.

Re: pitch work has now started.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:57 pm
by Wintergreen
They could have cut the turf up into squares and lined the barren shelves of the shop with them for sale at £5 a time. How’s that for win / win, recycling, sustainability, income stream, blue square thinking? That would also pay for the PitchCam and we could watch the grass growing in real time instead of waiting ions for Spirit to try and download from his Brownie. I am ON FIRE this affer.