Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
What have Bangor Confectionery & Tobacconists got to do with Holker Street anyway?
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
I think we will get to the play offs and then fall just short. I also think there will be lots of complaints from defeated teams about our robust approach, on and off the park- good.
I hear all this about not usually starting well but to get momentum with the crowds (we all know how it works in the town) we need to get a buzz going.
Cups a bonus but was saying the other night I would fancy us in a one off at HS against any League 2 Club
I hear all this about not usually starting well but to get momentum with the crowds (we all know how it works in the town) we need to get a buzz going.
Cups a bonus but was saying the other night I would fancy us in a one off at HS against any League 2 Club
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
Good point, forgot about that. As an aside, Bangor City have just dismissed their manager of nine years, and Andy Preece (of Airbus UK Broughton) seems to be favourite for the position, wonder if Vaughan will have a say in his appointment, shouldn't really if he's just a shirt sponsor, . . .Lancaster Branch wrote:No, as they don't play in the English football pyramid.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
If he's a shirt sponser does that mean he's responsible for the laundering?Ralph wrote:Good point, forgot about that. As an aside, Bangor City have just dismissed their manager of nine years, and Andy Preece (of Airbus UK Broughton) seems to be favourite for the position, wonder if Vaughan will have a say in his appointment, shouldn't really if he's just a shirt sponsor, . . .Lancaster Branch wrote:No, as they don't play in the English football pyramid.
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
I think we will progress towards 7th and be in a playoff position a few times but draw key games as I don't think we have that magic in the last third of the pitch yet. The centre half berths not ironed out yet either as maybe we need someone better than livesey moussa to cope in some cauldrons away. Hope goalie Dixon learned from coming out flapping at crosses as there's no better shot stopper in this league
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
Your holiday did you good then Tommy. You have come back with a nice positive attitude.mrsenario wrote:I think we will progress towards 7th and be in a playoff position a few times but draw key games as I don't think we have that magic in the last third of the pitch yet. The centre half berths not ironed out yet either as maybe we need someone better than livesey moussa to cope in some cauldrons away. Hope goalie Dixon learned from coming out flapping at crosses as there's no better shot stopper in this league
-
thegaffer77
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3448
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
Realistic top ten shout. Playoffs maybe. Positive cup runs. Love to see the attendance improve with the performances too.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
Don't expect championship form - at least initially. Suspect our progress will show a similar pattern to last year but from a better first half season platform.
Lets not kid ourselves, FGR, Tranmere and Eastleigh have spent embarrassing amounts of cash in pre-season and should finish 1-2-3 (in any order). Their weaknesses as such IMHO are probably in their management teams rather than their playing staff. Not so D&R who in John Still have a very experienced NL campaigner. Expect Gateshead and Lincoln to have decent seasons. Wrexham may flatter to deceive again. Dover and Braintree will struggle to repeat last years efforts. Macc & York I think will be solid mid-table. As ever there will be at least one surprise entry into the top ten and in that respect look out for Boreham Wood and/or Maidstone.
As you get higher up this league the degree of difficulty does increase. As things stand and without knowing what surprises may occur during the season I would have us 7th-9th but that could change. Lastly no transfer window essentially hands each team a "joker" should they find themselves in need of additional re-enforcement if they have the cash. This could be quite a factor in our season.
Lets not kid ourselves, FGR, Tranmere and Eastleigh have spent embarrassing amounts of cash in pre-season and should finish 1-2-3 (in any order). Their weaknesses as such IMHO are probably in their management teams rather than their playing staff. Not so D&R who in John Still have a very experienced NL campaigner. Expect Gateshead and Lincoln to have decent seasons. Wrexham may flatter to deceive again. Dover and Braintree will struggle to repeat last years efforts. Macc & York I think will be solid mid-table. As ever there will be at least one surprise entry into the top ten and in that respect look out for Boreham Wood and/or Maidstone.
As you get higher up this league the degree of difficulty does increase. As things stand and without knowing what surprises may occur during the season I would have us 7th-9th but that could change. Lastly no transfer window essentially hands each team a "joker" should they find themselves in need of additional re-enforcement if they have the cash. This could be quite a factor in our season.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5438
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
Pretty much agree with all of that SB, Will add a FA Cup run into this mix & hopefully a 3rd away tie at Arsenal, I can dream.
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
None of us know what the hell is going to happen!mickmike wilson wrote:Pretty much agree with all of that SB, Will add a FA Cup run into this mix & hopefully a 3rd away tie at Arsenal, I can dream.
Hope rather than expectation.
On paper the players that have signed look good.
Other sides seem to have bought well too.
Unquestionably we have a manager who knows what he's doing, but I suspect he knows how not to lose, rather than how to win.
I hope I'm wrong, and we thrash everyone.
I echo what a previous poster has said - BRING A MATE TO THE GAMES.
Re: Well, the season is almost here, your thoughts...
Good attendances...good cup runs [Utd away FAC 4th ] winners FAT and a play off sounds good....FL in 2017/18
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests