Page 3 of 5
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:32 pm
by mickmike wilson
Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:40 pm
The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:59 pm
Asda's next door!
Why would any fan be in the ground at 12.00?/6pm?
Let me get this right. You'd rather money went into ASDA's coffers than the club's? I'll tell you this: whenever I drive down from Scotland without lunch I'll be heading straight to the pie bar. Well done folks.
P.S. I'm not obese.
Well said mate....After many wanting pies for decades hopefully they will make this a successful venture.
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 pm
by The Tomahawk Kid
boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 pm
Matty wrote: ↑Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:10 pm
THK must reject invitations to night do's that have pie and peas on offer.
No I bet goes but has a nice meal before hand, then bores everyone telling them that he's already eaten,
It'd take some doing being as boring as you, pal...
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:46 pm
by BoltonBlue
Sounds like a great effort by all those involved in the pie/bottle bar project, will hopefully be utilised for years to come.
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 pm
by Bigfathoss
So, this is pies available if you traipse up to the bar at half-time (or before the game) only? No change to the deplorable catering inside the ground? It's a good thing that there are pies at all, just checking if it is there and there alone.
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 am
by Holkerbird
Bigfathoss wrote: ↑Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 pm
So, this is pies available if you traipse up to the bar at half-time (or before the game) only? No change to the deplorable catering inside the ground? It's a good thing that there are pies at all, just checking if it is there and there alone.
Light bulb moment. Maybe we could have people walking round the ground with one of those trays hanging from the neck selling the pies once we are up and running. It's a nuisance having to traipse. I do it to Brighton St when I want a pie and it's a pain.
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:46 pm
by cromwells ghost
Sweeny Todd is supplying the pies what's the problem?
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:15 pm
by mr_grey
cromwells ghost wrote: ↑Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:46 pm
Sweeny Todd is supplying the pies what's the problem?
Has there ever been pies at Holker street?
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:37 pm
by Bigfathoss
cromwells ghost wrote: ↑Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:46 pm
Sweeny Todd is supplying the pies what's the problem?
Does he put onion in the Meat and Potato? If he does, then he can jog on.
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:38 pm
by Lancaster Branch
mr_grey wrote: ↑Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:15 pm
cromwells ghost wrote: ↑Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:46 pm
Sweeny Todd is supplying the pies what's the problem?
Has there ever been pies at Holker street?
Yes. They used to sell them in the little snack bar that there used to be in the corner, just by the steps down to the Bluebird club.
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:53 pm
by spirit of 1990
It’s simple really isn’t it.
People asked for pies - they get it.
People asked for a bottle bar - they got it.
People asked for quicker service- this sorts it.
If you don’t want to walk for a pie - don’t!
If you don’t like onions in your pie - don’t buy one.
If you don’t want to eat at a football match - don’t eat one.
Why so many problems all the time?
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:11 pm
by Bigfathoss
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:53 pm
It’s simple really isn’t it.
People asked for pies - they get it.
People asked for a bottle bar - they got it.
People asked for quicker service- this sorts it.
If you don’t want to walk for a pie - don’t!
If you don’t like onions in your pie - don’t buy one.
If you don’t want to eat at a football match - don’t eat one.
Why so many problems all the time?
Cheers for the pie advice. I reckon I'll continue to bring them in from outside and fill my fat face outside amongst the 1,000-1,100 that don't go into the Crossbar. Like I said, having pies at all is a good thing. I hope the clientele enjoy them and I am sure they will.
@Holkerbird great idea BTW
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:16 pm
by spirit of 1990
Bigfathoss wrote: ↑Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:11 pm
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:53 pm
It’s simple really isn’t it.
People asked for pies - they get it.
People asked for a bottle bar - they got it.
People asked for quicker service- this sorts it.
If you don’t want to walk for a pie - don’t!
If you don’t like onions in your pie - don’t buy one.
If you don’t want to eat at a football match - don’t eat one.
Why so many problems all the time?
Cheers for the pie advice. I reckon I'll continue to bring them in from outside and fill my fat face outside amongst the 1,000-1,100 that don't go into the Crossbar. Like I said, having pies at all is a good thing. I hope the clientele enjoy them and I am sure they will.
@Holkerbird great idea BTW
No problem for the pie advice, it wasn’t hard in the first place though was it?
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 pm
by McMark
I hope some of the many people who have stayed away from the crossbar for whatever reasons will give it a try again.
The club needs every last pound to work for it! So let bygones be pie gones and give it a try at the very least. If your not happy give feedback on what you would like to see improve you never know you might enjoy it again and make a difference, after all it's your club.
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 pm
by PerthBluebird
Whats the score with the catering in the stadium surely that must be the next thing to be looked at. Thats an earner straight away do the vans pay for a plot for the season or what?
Re: New bottle/pie bar.
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:58 pm
by kenny lowe fan club
£2.50 for a pie! I'm all for the club making money but ripping people off is never a good idea.