He did score 3 goals in 4 Cup games so does know where the net is.
Sam Foley
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sam Foley
Re: Sam Foley
We all know we need a striker. Getting a good one is another thing. I'm sure the management team are acutely aware of the need for one. Why do you think they are the most important and expensive commodity of any team a man who can knock in around 20+ goals a season. I can imagine it's a highly competitive market to get one (or two) in. Why people go on and on about it on here is just plain stupid.
We know what we need and obviously the management know that as well. One things for certain if we get a good one his wages will be pretty high.
We know what we need and obviously the management know that as well. One things for certain if we get a good one his wages will be pretty high.
Re: Sam Foley
I am hoping the players we brought it will be good enough and I am sure they will have cut the wage bill.with Zanzala and Banks goingandyg wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:06 pm We all know we need a striker. Getting a good one is another thing. I'm sure the management team are acutely aware of the need for one. Why do you think they are the most important and expensive commodity of any team a man who can knock in around 20+ goals a season. I can imagine it's a highly competitive market to get one (or two) in. Why people go on and on about it on here is just plain stupid.
We know what we need and obviously the management know that as well. One things for certain if we get a good one his wages will be pretty high.
We wasted so much money on bad Managers I am hoping we have enough to bring in a proven goal scorer.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sam Foley
It's nice to have a 20 goal a season player but not a necessity.
Cheltenham Town won League 2 in the 2020-21 season.
Their top scorerer in the league only scored 9 goals.
Cheltenham Town won League 2 in the 2020-21 season.
Their top scorerer in the league only scored 9 goals.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sam Foley
They had a defence as tight as a ducks bottom against everyone - except us ironically. Did ‘em home and away. Both times under Rob Kelly.saltcellar wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 pm It's nice to have a 20 goal a season player but not a necessity.
Cheltenham Town won League 2 in the 2020-21 season.
Their top scorerer in the league only scored 9 goals.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sam Foley
Quite right.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:54 pmThey had a defence as tight as a ducks bottom against everyone - except us ironically. Did ‘em home and away. Both times under Rob Kelly.saltcellar wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 pm It's nice to have a 20 goal a season player but not a necessity.
Cheltenham Town won League 2 in the 2020-21 season.
Their top scorerer in the league only scored 9 goals.
Barrow scored 5 of the 39 goals they conceded while they failed to find the net.
Re: Sam Foley
That's my thinking too.Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:28 pmI am hoping the players we brought it will be good enough and I am sure they will have cut the wage bill.with Zanzala and Banks goingandyg wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:06 pm We all know we need a striker. Getting a good one is another thing. I'm sure the management team are acutely aware of the need for one. Why do you think they are the most important and expensive commodity of any team a man who can knock in around 20+ goals a season. I can imagine it's a highly competitive market to get one (or two) in. Why people go on and on about it on here is just plain stupid.
We know what we need and obviously the management know that as well. One things for certain if we get a good one his wages will be pretty high.
We wasted so much money on bad Managers I am hoping we have enough to bring in a proven goal scorer.
As for Cheltenham winning the league with the top goalscorer getting nine I bet a lot of the other members of their team scored 8 or 7 or 6 goals apiece - not sure we have that in our ranks hence the need for a good "leader of the pack" or a great "fox in the box"
Barrow traditionally seemed to do well with iconic style (I use the term loosely) goalscorer. In the league duting the sixties when I began supporting Barrow it was Mulholland closely followed by my personal favourite Tony Field with special mention to forwards like Mulvaney, McGarry etc. Moving to non league obviously Cowps but also remember we had Wittaker, Peverill (I'm sure there are others I forgot here & will probably by reminded of fairly quickly) and then the man who straggled both non league and league for us Quigs.
We do seem to be that sort of club who likes their main forward to be the leader and a seriously good goalscorer. Obviously that will be the same for so many other clubs. It is certainly an important part of our psyche and its no surprise that when we had those type of forwards in the team we had decent seasons.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Sam Foley
Alternatively when Vic Halom's team played they had Frank Gamble and Barry Diamond who must have been one of the smallest front pairings we've had - but scored a hatfull of goals.andyg wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:16 pmThat's my thinking too.
As for Cheltenham winning the league with the top goalscorer getting nine I bet a lot of the other members of their team scored 8 or 7 or 6 goals apiece - not sure we have that in our ranks hence the need for a good "leader of the pack" or a great "fox in the box"
Barrow traditionally seemed to do well with iconic style (I use the term loosely) goalscorer. In the league duting the sixties when I began supporting Barrow it was Mulholland closely followed by my personal favourite Tony Field with special mention to forwards like Mulvaney, McGarry etc. Moving to non league obviously Cowps but also remember we had Wittaker, Peverill (I'm sure there are others I forgot here & will probably by reminded of fairly quickly) and then the man who straggled both non league and league for us Quigs.
We do seem to be that sort of club who likes their main forward to be the leader and a seriously good goalscorer. Obviously that will be the same for so many other clubs. It is certainly an important part of our psyche and its no surprise that when we had those type of forwards in the team we had decent seasons.
Lancashire;- born and bred
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Fazered and 12 guests