Page 3 of 3

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:06 pm
by Bombadel
Esso Blue wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm I'm not complaining about the sentiment or idea of the email. I think it's good that the club wants to thank season ticket buyers. I am, however, very concened at the execution. I was not prepared to open an attachment on an email that looked like this.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 122335.png

We get regular training at work to delete emails like this immediately. We have simulated phishing attacks that are far more sophisticated than this. If you are happy to open attachments titled 'Thank you' on emails with no context or reference, then I wish you luck.
Working in I.T myself, you can scan emails, but also see the address as @barrowafc.com people can disguise email addresses but you can find the route by checking further, if you really wanted. No offence but just seem like a nonsense argument. The club can’t do right for doing wrong sometimes.

If you think your email has been shared online, check
https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:28 pm
by Esso Blue
I may be in the minority here. I simply think that sending out emails that look like low grade phishing attacks is not a good image for the club.

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:43 pm
by popular side
Esso Blue wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:28 pm I may be in the minority here. I simply think that sending out emails that look like low grade phishing attacks is not a good image for the club.
Yep! Your in a minority mate

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:52 pm
by cottingham bluebird
blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:04 pm
bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am

Don’t think shifts would affect sales, get Saturdays off and finish at 18:50 so plenty of time to get from BAE to holker street before kick off on a Tuesday night
yeah it's that simple !🙄 example you could have just finished working the full six shifts believe me not many would come to Holker Street after doing those!
Well i would no problem and there arnt that many midweek home games anyway

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:24 pm
by liverpoolann
The one I received when renewed my early bird tkt did not look like the one shows on this thread.Mine clearly showed from Barrow afc and didn’t mention Alisha on it.It acknowledged my payment with a bar code on bottom and said they be in touch with details of how to get tkt in due course.Don’t know why they changed it.Just saying.

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:33 pm
by Fazered
That one was from Dave Pointer

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:55 pm
by blue nige
cottingham bluebird wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:52 pm
blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:04 pm

yeah it's that simple !🙄 example you could have just finished working the full six shifts believe me not many would come to Holker Street after doing those!
Well i would no problem and there arnt that many midweek home games anyway
🎣 😉

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:58 pm
by blue nige
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:29 am
blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:04 pm

yeah it's that simple !🙄 example you could have just finished working the full six shifts believe me not many would come to Holker Street after doing those!
It’s hardly physically demanding work in the yard isn’t it?
Ffs thought you'd pipe up how long have you been in America? stick to kissing Casson's backside! ,YOU haven't a clue what I do or many other people so keep your snide remarks to yourself! 🤡

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:32 am
by Bradders
blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:58 pm
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:29 am

It’s hardly physically demanding work in the yard isn’t it?
Ffs thought you'd pipe up how long have you been in America? stick to kissing Casson's backside! ,YOU haven't a clue what I do or many other people so keep your snide remarks to yourself! 🤡

Is the whole point of football not that after your long slog be it in the yard or wherever. The football is your release and reward? I live in Blackpool and have no car at the moment being tired is no excuse if you live in the town. But I’m probably not allowed an opinion because I don’t ?

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:16 am
by Suffolk Blue
Bradders wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:32 am
blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:58 pm

Ffs thought you'd pipe up how long have you been in America? stick to kissing Casson's backside! ,YOU haven't a clue what I do or many other people so keep your snide remarks to yourself! 🤡

Is the whole point of football not that after your long slog be it in the yard or wherever. The football is your release and reward? I live in Blackpool and have no car at the moment being tired is no excuse if you live in the town. But I’m probably not allowed an opinion because I don’t ?
Whether you are an ex-pat or a local it doesn't make you a better or worse supporter. Neither is it just about the number of games you attend. If the team is in your blood its in your blood.

However it is true that the club cannot exist without the support of the local community and we should never forget that. It is a community asset and to some extent what binds locals and ex-pats is the feeling of being Barrovian. Personally I wouldn't get much benefit from having a season ticket. However I will seek to find ways of feeding the money that a season ticket would deliver back to the club through other means. We are all Bluebirds.

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:13 pm
by Roadrunner
Last season I took a photo of my season ticket and it was scanned at the turnstile every match, no problems with that.
If you have a smart phone you don't need a physical ticket, less costs for the club.
It's the future. 8-)

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:18 pm
by HenneysKnee
Eh? Why did you take a photo of it? You just scan the season ticket

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm
by Matty
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:18 pm Eh? Why did you take a photo of it? You just scan the season ticket
Yeah haha surely it's harder work scrolling through your phone to find a picture than it is to whip your season card out your wallet.

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:03 pm
by McMark
Art for art sake, surrealism at it’s finest, the man’s a genius I say🤣

Re: Season tickets

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:49 pm
by mickmike wilson
Bradders wrote: ↑Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:32 am
blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:58 pm

Ffs thought you'd pipe up how long have you been in America? stick to kissing Casson's backside! ,YOU haven't a clue what I do or many other people so keep your snide remarks to yourself! 🤡

Is the whole point of football not that after your long slog be it in the yard or wherever. The football is your release and reward? I live in Blackpool and have no car at the moment being tired is no excuse if you live in the town. But I’m probably not allowed an opinion because I don’t ?
Exactly mate, & I simply asked if re the shipyard work was tiering hence the ? But yet again blue Nige has a abusive dig at me for no reason whatsoever? Bizarre really.