Page 3 of 6

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:43 pm
by Methuselah
I am.one of those people who always bought an I,Follow pass and used to watch it on my laptop.I also go to some away matches,am a Bluebird Trust member,pay £25 for the monthly draw,am a season ticket holder and also always buy tickets for the half time draw.I feel I have been let down by the EFL.Having Sky Sports or paying £15 on Now TV is just outside what I can afford being retired.There is now a whole section of our supporters who are bring excluded from watching their teams away games during the week.What I want to know is why you couldn,t just pay a cheaper package to watch our own matches for the time they were being screened and yes I did look at how much it was for Sky Sports package only to find I couldn,t afford it.I feel that it,s people in a similar situation to myself who.have been let down.

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:17 pm
by BillyBlue
Suppose plenty of pubs will be showing the games on Sky so will be the price of a few pints?

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:12 am
by LDBF
Just received an invite for next season from iFollow for overseas customer @ £140.00, got until Monday to pay or it goes up to £180.00

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:07 am
by Jim
Methuselah wrote: ↑Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:43 pm I am.one of those people who always bought an I,Follow pass and used to watch it on my laptop.I also go to some away matches,am a Bluebird Trust member,pay £25 for the monthly draw,am a season ticket holder and also always buy tickets for the half time draw.I feel I have been let down by the EFL.Having Sky Sports or paying £15 on Now TV is just outside what I can afford being retired.There is now a whole section of our supporters who are bring excluded from watching their teams away games during the week.What I want to know is why you couldn,t just pay a cheaper package to watch our own matches for the time they were being screened and yes I did look at how much it was for Sky Sports package only to find I couldn,t afford it.I feel that it,s people in a similar situation to myself who.have been let down.
I am in similar situation. I don’t have a satellite dish and my only subscription at present is for bog standard EE TV. I certainly wouldn’t want a full subscription. I will be paying the 24 hr subscription judiciously for a few matches.

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:56 am
by HenneysKnee
Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:57 am
by 200miles
For those of us outside the BBC Radio Cumbria live broadcast area and now that the ifollow app no longer works, how do we listen to match commentary?

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:03 am
by Adam29
There will still be audio commentary available through the club website same as normal

The only thing that has changed is the match pass option

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 am
by 200miles
Cheers Adam.

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 am
by MisterPleasant
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:56 am Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch
It does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway. :)

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:46 am
by Methuselah
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 am
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:56 am Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch
It does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway. :)
Totally agree.It,s basic profiteering which excludes some loyal supporters who have follwed our club through thick and thin over the years,some from the 1960s.You will always get people saying its a free market they can charge what they like,but what about the loyal supporters who feel the club no longer cares about them,they are yesterdays people.

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:19 am
by up and under
Adam29 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:03 am There will still be audio commentary available through the club website same as normal

The only thing that has changed is the match pass option
Hi Adam
Will rhere be a link on the website to your commentary

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:14 pm
by mickmike wilson
Methuselah wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:46 am
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 am
It does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway. :)
Totally agree.It,s basic profiteering which excludes some loyal supporters who have follwed our club through thick and thin over the years,some from the 1960s.You will always get people saying its a free market they can charge what they like,but what about the loyal supporters who feel the club no longer cares about them,they are yesterdays people.
If enough folks are in a similar situation, There’s several alternatives, Club in together & watch as a group at a mates house?

Set up a group & watch in a pub together.

Would the club open the bar for a screening of games for folks to gather, if enough interest.

Just a few quick thoughts.

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:18 pm
by MisterPleasant
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:14 pm
Methuselah wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:46 am
Totally agree.It,s basic profiteering which excludes some loyal supporters who have follwed our club through thick and thin over the years,some from the 1960s.You will always get people saying its a free market they can charge what they like,but what about the loyal supporters who feel the club no longer cares about them,they are yesterdays people.
If enough folks are in a similar situation, There’s several alternatives, Club in together & watch as a group at a mates house?

Set up a group & watch in a pub together.

Would the club open the bar for a screening of games for folks to gather, if enough interest.

Just a few quick thoughts.
Not sure how many would want to come up to central Scotland to watch at my house, mickmike. :D

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:16 pm
by Adam29
up and under wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:19 am
Adam29 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:03 am There will still be audio commentary available through the club website same as normal

The only thing that has changed is the match pass option
Hi Adam
Will rhere be a link on the website to your commentary
It will be however it normally worked - the club use our feed so I don’t know the intricate details on how people access it - I just know that it will be occurring exactly the same as usual

Re: Sky EFL coverage

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:59 pm
by Jonty
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 am
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:56 am Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch
It does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway. :)
It’s not just Sky that the deal benefits. £300k over 23 home league games is just over £13k a game, or the equivalent of 650 fans coming through the turnstiles paying £20 a match. It’s big money for a club our size. It will be interesting to see how our average home crowd and away fans visiting HS is impacted, but I guess the deal was sweet enough to buffer this.

I agree with that going from £10 to £15 for individual games is a big hike but let’s see what the quality of the coverage and commentary is like. Ifollow only joined the game at a minutes before kickoff and there was little analysis at HT or FT. Not sure if this will change with Sky coverage.