Page 25 of 30

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am
by blue nige
I was sceptical at first but had a look at them yesterday and I think they look good too many luddites on this forum :lol:

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:15 pm
by barrow-mike
optomisticsupporter wrote: ↑Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:00 am
mall wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:50 pm Just drove past the ground.
Them new lights are looking good.
Those floodlights :sentoff:
Those flood lights :scarf:

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 pm
by McMark
Drove past the ground tonight the two new poles with lights in situ on the popular side look finished and if they give out the right light levels as hopefully expected, look ok to be honest. Not iconic but functional is the words I'd use.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:05 am
by MikeRenney
Lights look okay a bit better than Burtons if I remember correctly. The old lights whilst looking more iconic had had their day. At least we can change a bulb without someone risking their life.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm
by GTBLUE
Why are there more lights on the Wilkie side than on the stand side. Are they putting light on the stand roof? Might have been mentioned previously.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm
by BahamasBluebird
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm Why are there more lights on the Wilkie side than on the stand side. Are they putting light on the stand roof? Might have been mentioned previously.
There are 4 lights on the Main Stand roof Graham, just finished today so I will put some photos on the club's facebook and twitter later. I would put them on here but I don't know how :lol:

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:37 pm
by GTBLUE
BahamasBluebird wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm Why are there more lights on the Wilkie side than on the stand side. Are they putting light on the stand roof? Might have been mentioned previously.
There are 4 lights on the Main Stand roof Graham, just finished today so I will put some photos on the club's facebook and twitter later. I would put them on here but I don't know how :lol:
Cheers, I was'nt sure if I was dreaming about lights on the roof .

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:07 pm
by thegaffer77
They look decent. Bit more slimline than the old ones mind you!

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm
by GTBLUE
As long as they are"nt directed at the fans on the Wilkie side so they can't see. :lol:

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 pm
by Steelworks End
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm As long as they are"nt directed at the fans on the Wilkie side so they can't see. :lol:
Thought that would be an advantage for some games, Graham! :)

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:54 pm
by GTBLUE
Steelworks End wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 pm
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm As long as they are"nt directed at the fans on the Wilkie side so they can't see. :lol:
Thought that would be an advantage for some games, Graham! :)
I thought the same after my post John :lol:

How are you down in that London, hope you are well.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:16 pm
by Sefton Aubergine
Got to my first game this season and so had my first view of the floodlights. I have to say that I don't understand why they are not nearer to the corners and could only hinder any development of the two side stands. Only development of the two ends would not be affected by the position.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 pm
by Hadrian
Guess they are nearer to more of the playing surface there to improve light leaves in the centre circle?

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 pm
by Jonty
Sefton Aubergine wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:16 pm Got to my first game this season and so had my first view of the floodlights. I have to say that I don't understand why they are not nearer to the corners and could only hinder any development of the two side stands. Only development of the two ends would not be affected by the position.
I thought this but I'm sure they could be repositioned in future. If everything moves down towards a new Crossbar End then freeing up room for a possible future redevelopment of the HSE that would put the floodlights at that end nearer the corners.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:26 am
by cuffy
I passed the ground this morning and the heavy lifting gear had arrived to start taking down the old floodlight columns.