Players we might be interested in....
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
And there's me thinking we were on a roll !.
-
JammyBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1390
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Alex Newby has signed for Colchester for those who were throwing his name around
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Good move for him I do wish we’d held on to the newbys though.JammyBluebird wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:49 pm Alex Newby has signed for Colchester for those who were throwing his name around
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Not released but Andy Cook being linked with us by Bradford accounts on Twitter
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Feel like I’m in a minority here, but I feel we could be looking at players besides Cook. 12 goals year, which is better than any of our awful strikers from last year, but 3 of them were in 1 game against a poor Stevenage side.
- BarrowLad71
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 569
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
That poor in 180 minutes of football against them we didn’t score a goal this season
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Don’t care what anyone says cookie is still one of the most effective strikers in this league. Bradford fans commenting on how fit he is looking in the off season so can only see this being good for us
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3434
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
I think a previous post said they were the only side we failed to score against over 180 minutes last season.BarrowLad71 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 pmThat poor in 180 minutes of football against them we didn’t score a goal this season
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
And Crawley.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:59 pmI think a previous post said they were the only side we failed to score against over 180 minutes last season.BarrowLad71 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 pm
That poor in 180 minutes of football against them we didn’t score a goal this season
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8345
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Anthony Glennon has signed for Grimsby after his release from Burnley
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1709
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Grimsby fans are wetting themselves. I didn’t think he was that great. He looked pretty ordinary to me. Am I wrong?HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:11 pm Anthony Glennon has signed for Grimsby after his release from Burnley
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5254
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
He'd been at Grimsby once before. I thought he was pretty good, could stick a good ball into the box for someone like Bennett. I'd have welcomed him back.AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 pmGrimsby fans are wetting themselves. I didn’t think he was that great. He looked pretty ordinary to me. Am I wrong?HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:11 pm Anthony Glennon has signed for Grimsby after his release from Burnley
Don't let the old man in.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3256
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Glennon started off well but a few rash tackles resulted in some unnecessary bookings. At home to Port vale he was badly found out defensively and an absolute nightmare. After being subbed in that game I don’t think he started a game for the remainder of the season. Personally i wouldn’t want him backMisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pmHe'd been at Grimsby once before. I thought he was pretty good, could stick a good ball into the box for someone like Bennett. I'd have welcomed him back.AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 pm
Grimsby fans are wetting themselves. I didn’t think he was that great. He looked pretty ordinary to me. Am I wrong?
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Players released by other clubs - who we might be interested in....
Could definitely take a good dead ball. Didn’t do anything in attack (c/f Brough or Hutton), and was way out of position too often defensively. Think his confidence dipped as the season went on as well.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pmGlennon started off well but a few rash tackles resulted in some unnecessary bookings. At home to Port vale he was badly found out defensively and an absolute nightmare. After being subbed in that game I don’t think he started a game for the remainder of the season. Personally i wouldn’t want him backMisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pm
He'd been at Grimsby once before. I thought he was pretty good, could stick a good ball into the box for someone like Bennett. I'd have welcomed him back.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests