Page 4 of 6

Re: Memberships

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:01 pm
by Holkerbird
barrowfan wrote:
Holkerbird wrote:Perhaps you could call in a the club and ask what the problem is.
I take your point but that rather defeats the object of being able to renew on the internet. :)
You could pay cash while you are there. Try it you might like the simplicity of it. :lol:

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am
by oldtimer
Still not possible to renew online. So followed the banner on the top of the official site and re registered. I got an e-mail back confirming payment, so I have a receipt if things are overlooked. So I have in effect let my old membership lapse and started afresh. So I assume I will get a new membership number ?

It's just that it is so frustrating as a person who actually WANTS to pay, that it's so difficult to renew. Every other organisation I subscribe to make it difficult to to NOT renew ! Imagine paying your gas bill online and having to create a new account every time a bill was due. Just so frustrating. :roll:

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:31 pm
by oldtimer
The missus just had the same problem as Andy and Dalton Bluebird. Log on to account then just going round in circles and refusing to let her renew ! :x Suppose it will be sorted by Monday ?

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:34 pm
by Barrowabc
I spoke to someone yesterday at club and was shocked and sadened at same time by what I was told 'only' 17 had renewed there memberships, when club had asked at meeting and over 50 put there hands up saying thay were going to do this, yet we all know how hard up the club is for money, we're in danger of going bits up and could face the end of our grate team, I don't have a pot to pee in but try my best and I have some how got my 20 to get mine,thay asked us for early payments and have we responded have we [SwearFilter] as like, seems to me there damed if thay do,there damed if thay don't, bit gutted if truth be known,as we all love this club and if poss could help in one way or another. :(

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:53 pm
by Hadrian
From the Club website news article report about the meeting:

Members were asked to help by renewing their memberships early and either making donations or taking up the more costly Gold and Silver Membership packages.

Members are also asked to renew season tickets as early as possible with prices to be announced this week.

Please contact the club on 823061 to take up these options.


(Haven't noticed season ticket prices being announced yet but it is still 'this week'.)

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:05 pm
by A.B.
Just renewed my membership online. No problems at all, received my confirmation email and awaiting a second email to confirm the money being withdrawn from PayPal. The only concerning thing is that according to the website my membership expired in 1970 :D .

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:06 pm
by oldtimer
Hi A.B. Did you actually "Renew" or start another account with a new e-mail address ? When I try to renew I get this:

Account Renewal
Online Registration is now open.

The account you are trying to log into was found but membership has been activated via paypal. Please sign in using your email address and membership number as your username and password. These will have been emailed to you during registration.


I sign in as directed then just get the same message again. How did you renew. Can you give me an idiots guide how to get around this ?

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:22 pm
by A.B.
oldtimer wrote:Hi A.B. Did you actually "Renew" or start another account with a new e-mail address ? When I try to renew I get this:

Account Renewal
Online Registration is now open.

The account you are trying to log into was found but membership has been activated via paypal. Please sign in using your email address and membership number as your username and password. These will have been emailed to you during registration.


I sign in as directed then just get the same message again. How did you renew. Can you give me an idiots guide how to get around this ?
Sorry, oldtimer, I meant applied, not renewed. So yes it was a new email address. I'm guessing as I've not previously been a member it has worked out straight-forward for me.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 pm
by Dalton Bluebird
oldtimer wrote:Hi A.B. Did you actually "Renew" or start another account with a new e-mail address ? When I try to renew I get this:

Account Renewal
Online Registration is now open.

The account you are trying to log into was found but membership has been activated via paypal. Please sign in using your email address and membership number as your username and password. These will have been emailed to you during registration.


I sign in as directed then just get the same message again. How did you renew. Can you give me an idiots guide how to get around this ?
That's exactly what's been happening to me, tried about every day for the last 5 days, it isn't rocket science to fix it, Miller Waite are pants.

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:46 pm
by Andy
Dalton Bluebird wrote:
oldtimer wrote:Hi A.B. Did you actually "Renew" or start another account with a new e-mail address ? When I try to renew I get this:

Account Renewal
Online Registration is now open.

The account you are trying to log into was found but membership has been activated via paypal. Please sign in using your email address and membership number as your username and password. These will have been emailed to you during registration.


I sign in as directed then just get the same message again. How did you renew. Can you give me an idiots guide how to get around this ?
That's exactly what's been happening to me, tried about every day for the last 5 days, it isn't rocket science to fix it, Miller Waite are pants.
Posted this earlier on. Have tried twice now and still no luck. I think it is because our membership is still current and so cannot be renewed. On a side issue. If the season ticket prices haven't been announced does that mean the membership for gold might up?

Re: Memberships

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:19 pm
by leechy38
Just Renewal my membership and it's still saying renewal ! :offtopic:

Re: Memberships

Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 am
by John Very Little
Dalton Bluebird wrote:
oldtimer wrote:Hi A.B. Did you actually "Renew" or start another account with a new e-mail address ? When I try to renew I get this:
Account Renewal
Online Registration is now open.
The account you are trying to log into was found but membership has been activated via paypal. Please sign in using your email address and membership number as your username and password. These will have been emailed to you during registration.
I sign in as directed then just get the same message again. How did you renew. Can you give me an idiots guide how to get around this ?
That's exactly what's been happening to me, tried about every day for the last 5 days, it isn't rocket science to fix it, Miller Waite are pants.
Before we start blaming anyone, have the club actually asked MW to look at this?
Many people cannot get to the Cross Bar when its open and its so easy to do online from anywhere but why do the club fail to see this? I seem to remember that we had a similar problem with renewals last season when we couldn't renew until after our existing membership had ran out on 31st July.
The club should have got this sorted before the Members Meeting. Its all well and good asking people to renew their memberships now but if its not possible then they shouldn't have a go at us when we can't do it. Make it easy for people to renew online (without us having to start another membership now).
Note to AB, make sure your membership is valid until 31 July 2014?

Re: Memberships

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 am
by ingsy
Took out a membership yesterday, received an e mail from Paypal confirming payment made. Is that it? Do you receive an e mail from the club?

Re: Memberships

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 am
by oldtimer
That's about it "ingsy". In my desperation to help the club I've allowed my current membership membership to lapse as it wont allow me to renew. I started a brand new one with a new e-mail address. I've paid for Gold, and got a confirmation from Pay Pal and the money has left my bank account. I've left it a week and when I log on to my new account I get this:

"Membership Details:

Status : Expired
Membership No: 604361
Expiry Date : 01 Jan 1970

Your membership is coming to an end soon. To continue accessing member only features and shop benefits, re-new your membership. Re-new your membership now to access special member only features and shop discounts.

See Benefits" :x

Re: Memberships

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:10 pm
by Adam29
Just had an email from the club.

This seasons membership prices are...

Bronze -£20
Silver -£70
Gold-£310(inc season ticket)

Silver and gold available pay monthly at £7 and £31 a month over 10 months respectively