Page 4 of 4

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 pm
by colyates
TheGasMan wrote:Hi everybody,
Hope your all looking forward to what should be a tremendous cup tie. At ten pounds a ticket I'm hoping for large crowd making for an electric atmosphere.
Yes, it's true your fans that choose to stand will be open to the elements but I'm sure you are all acquainted to a bit of rain.
Need any tips or advice to your day in Bristol? please don't hesitate to ask me and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck.
Will we be allowed In pubs near the ground

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:09 pm
by Jonty
Taunton assistant boss talking to their local rag about our strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-do-bri ... story.html

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 pm
by BristolBluebird
colyates wrote:
TheGasMan wrote:Hi everybody,
Hope your all looking forward to what should be a tremendous cup tie. At ten pounds a ticket I'm hoping for large crowd making for an electric atmosphere.
Yes, it's true your fans that choose to stand will be open to the elements but I'm sure you are all acquainted to a bit of rain.
Need any tips or advice to your day in Bristol? please don't hesitate to ask me and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck.
Will we be allowed In pubs near the ground
answer to your question is yes

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 pm
by BristolBluebird
Jonty wrote:Taunton assistant boss talking to their local rag about our strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-do-bri ... story.html
I listened on the local radio their assistant manager is wary of us he gave us huge respect

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:36 am
by The Tomahawk Kid
BristolBluebird wrote:
Jonty wrote:Taunton assistant boss talking to their local rag about our strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-do-bri ... story.html
I listened on the local radio their assistant manager is wary of us he gave us huge respect
I wouldn't be looking too much into that if I was the Rovers management team. I can't see Paul Cox losing much sleep either. Taunton tried everything in the book to upset us - from niggling fouls to down right cheating. If Barrow play the same way on Sunday as described in that report I'd be very surprised... :roll:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:31 pm
by John_Bucks
How rubbish is it not having a Barrow game to check on on a Saturday...?

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:54 pm
by Alloa wasp
Good luck barrow :scarf:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:43 pm
by xerxes
The Tomahawk Kid wrote: I'm clutching at straws here but if I remember correctly the Bristol Rovers team contained someone who went on to become famous with a big club - was it Ron Yeats who later played for Liverpool?..
Just dug out the programme, their line-up - Laurie Taylor(GK), Tom Stanton, Lindsay Parsons, Phil Roberts, Stuart Taylor, Frank Prince, Ray Graydon, Wayne Jones, Robin Stubbs, Bobby Jones, Harold Jarman. Sub - Peter Higgins.

Graydon is probably the most well known, subsequently played for Aston Villa. Jarman was apparently also a county cricketer.

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:53 pm
by Steelworks End
xerxes wrote:
Graydon is probably the most well known, subsequently played for Aston Villa. Jarman was apparently also a county cricketer.
Indeed xerxes, he had ten years with Gloucestershire.