POTY.
- Beanmuncher
- Member
- Posts: 166
- Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:11 pm
- Location: Pennsylvania, USA
- Contact:
Re: POTY.
McMark - very generous and noble gesture. Hope all goes well with procurement, engraving and presentation. Well done sir!
Re: POTY.
Update on the award or lack of it so far!
Been a delay with the manufacturing process as I originally wanted an engraved award. They came back with it would probably be better colour printed due to the detail in the icon.
Partly my fault as I was away until Sunday so I replied then agreeing and paying the extra money. Today they email me requiring approval for the design which I have now done, but not sure it will be here in time as they are saying two to three days for manufacture. Asked them to work a miracle for me
Jeez never knew getting a trophy made was so complex
Here’s what it should look like if I ever get it delivered
Been a delay with the manufacturing process as I originally wanted an engraved award. They came back with it would probably be better colour printed due to the detail in the icon.
Partly my fault as I was away until Sunday so I replied then agreeing and paying the extra money. Today they email me requiring approval for the design which I have now done, but not sure it will be here in time as they are saying two to three days for manufacture. Asked them to work a miracle for me
Jeez never knew getting a trophy made was so complex
Here’s what it should look like if I ever get it delivered
-
Bakewell Blue
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Re: POTY.
Well done McMark - hope you manage to get it in time. I don’t think I voted, but if I had, it would have been Sam Foley, with Robbie Gotts a very close second.
Re: POTY.
Brilliant effort, Mark.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: POTY.
Top banana. Well done.
Re: POTY.
I voted for Sam Foley, but I would have loved to be able to give a joint award to Foley and Gotts. Both players of the season, but Foley's achievement was exceptional considering that he was released in the summer but came back to show fitness and stamina that belied his age.
Re: POTY.
The Awards were just about a clean sweep between Sam Foley and Robbie Gotts. Wyll Stanway got the young player Award. Emile Acquah goal of the season and Junior Tiensia a community champion Award and Mike Fielhouse and Dave Shaw a club recognition Award.
Hopefully this is something that can be continued in future years with a proper organised vote in future seasons with a cut off date of two weeks before the Awards night as this was cutting it fine to say the least. Award arrived just as I was on my way out to a funeral today just after half eleven.
Hopefully this is something that can be continued in future years with a proper organised vote in future seasons with a cut off date of two weeks before the Awards night as this was cutting it fine to say the least. Award arrived just as I was on my way out to a funeral today just after half eleven.
- Attachments
-
- IMG_0528.jpeg (1017.36 KiB) Viewed 4925 times
Last edited by McMark on Fri Apr 25, 2025 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: POTY.
Well done McMark. Nice to see it arrived in time. Fantastic sir!

-
blumooncrab
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: POTY.
Brilliant, well done McMark !
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: POTY.
Great work Mark; great idea
Re: POTY.
Spot on that Mark and a worthy recipient 
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: POTY.
Well done for organising that Mark.
A very worthy winner and fantastic recognition on the night for the two stand out performers over the season.
A very worthy winner and fantastic recognition on the night for the two stand out performers over the season.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: POTY.
Well done Mark. Looking forward to who gets it next year. Sam deserved his honour. Hope he stays another season.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Munt68 and 13 guests